Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

WTF Endings

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 325 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 5:52:41 AM PDT
Romance Diva says:
Thank you. I never warmed up to the series after that. She's a GHOST!!!!!!! :(

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 6:07:16 AM PDT
Romance Diva says:
What the?????????????? *takes book off of Wishlist*

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 7:07:49 AM PDT
it was just the first series off the top of my head that I came up with...how about the In Death series then - 36 books later, and it is within about 3 years of the first one

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 8:01:45 AM PDT
Is it? I only read the first one. I have the second somewhere in my TBR pile. It's only been there several years. Wait - how many does she write a year? I know that series hasn't been around 36 years.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 9:16:31 AM PDT
maybe 2 a year - the first one came out in 1991 I think...

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:25:59 AM PDT
I tried reading one of her books but it was just not my cup of tea. I can't remember which one it was but the girl is dying of cancer and the H takes her to live with him. I stopped reading when the H goes out has sex with another woman and the h was at his house sleeping in his bed. I just remember reading how she could still smell the other woman on him. Ugh! Did not like that.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:25:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 19, 2012 9:26:22 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 9:38:42 AM PDT
Colleen says:
MiPia- if you're talking about BDB, that's Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 2) (arguably one the best cheating reasons ever (however, he should have taken a shower))

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 11:17:49 AM PDT
L. Johnson says:
Gosh I think they made something similar to that into a movie in the 70s! Unless it's a common plot? Not my cup of tea as Hs in romance novels should never ever cheat.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 12:03:03 PM PDT
Colleen - yea i guess you are right if you think about it the cheating was justified. for some reason though I just couldn't finish the book. Out of all the paranormal authors she is the only one whose world i just couldn't get into.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 12:03:03 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 19, 2012 12:03:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2012 6:31:44 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
I hate cheating H's, but I honestly even forgot he cheated in Lover Eternal. There was a reason for it, he hated himself for doing it. You didn't see the cheating, it was all off screen. So the cheating in Lover Eternal didn't bother me.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 6:56:33 PM PDT
adoore says:
Not a big fan of Mary but just a comment on the timelines Ward is getting really bad. In one she tells us that Jane and V are mated then a few books later she tells us they are not.

The same in Reborn which is another WTF!!! We are told that Wellsie is in the Fade (heaven) and that the reason she doesn't return is because she won't leave their son in the Fade alone to go back to Tohr. Then we find out in Reborn that she is not in the Fade but in the in-between (purgatory) because Tohr won't let her go and move on within 2 years of her killing with another woman.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012 9:54:14 PM PDT
D. Arnold says:
Remembered some of this one but the ending almost made me throw my kindle. It was a freebie and I deleted it immediately so I can't remember title.

The h left over-possesive boyfriend. I think she was a nurse. Moved to another town to hide from him. Sublet her condo. Met H on beach in new town. Old boyfriend killed renter of the condo by accident trying to find info on h. I think H was in a band on and off. H went to play back up with a band in near by town. Just happens to be were h is from. Meets old boyfriend and inadvertainly(?) gives h's address to him. BF goes to address, ties up h in bed. Police were called. H shows up after BF killed cop, saves h but not before the BF begs for their help in getting rid of the cop so BF doesn't go to jail. H/h helps him, he goes his own way and the H/h have and HEA. Good grief!!! I try to be more careful with the freebies now.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 9:21:35 AM PDT
Colleen says:
MiPia, I totally get not liking Ward. Her slang is so weird and over the top.
I enjoy her books, but I don't like them.
In regards to the cheating, I'd rather have him sleep with someone else than turn into a dragon/ beast.

ALSO, Ward does need to get a spread sheet, because she's all over the place.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 10:27:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 20, 2012 1:21:43 PM PDT
Lisa in OK says:
D. Arnold,

Is it bad that as I was reading your synopsis, I kept thinking "oh, I've read that, wait, no, I haven't. Yes I have! Oh, no, I haven't. Wait . . . "?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 11:43:32 AM PDT
A. M. Ponzo says:
this sounds like complete garbage! There should be a avoid at all costs shelf at GR and this would be No. 1

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 3:05:53 PM PDT
BethB says:
If timelines worry you, don't look too closely at Feehan's Carpathians. Within the first few books, 30+ years pass. Backtracking, this means the first one should be set in the 50s, but...no. They're all uniformly contemporary in computers, culture, science etc. Your brain will reach WTF overload and melt.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 5:15:59 PM PDT
T. Smith says:
About timelines: Or Lora Leigh. Especially the book Wild Card. I kept flipping back to the beginning of the book to check the timeline she set, right there at the beginning. I finally gave up and just went with it.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 20, 2012 6:40:38 PM PDT
Within a single book or a closely knit series, I cannot stand flagrant timeline abuse. Of course, with Wild Card there were a lot of things that drove me bonkers.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 8:34:13 PM PDT
Lauren says:
speaking of Hs that die in the last chapter. Wildflowers Come Back kills off the H in a hideous fashion then tries to pretend it was a beginning of a para series. it was a freebie thank goodness.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 4:10:26 AM PDT
Don't ever read the DH series then. More specifically, if you do, avoid the book Bad Moon Rising: A Dark-Hunter Novel (Dark-Hunter Novels) where the timeline for the entire series gets tossed in a blender and pulled out randomly. It's the first book that took place in New Orleans where she didn't mention Katrina. Kinda odd when you consider that part of the book place DURING Katrina.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 5:38:08 AM PDT
A. M. Ponzo says:
yeah I gave up on trying to make the Carpathian time line make sense when Mikail's daughter grew up and got married in what, less than five years? while his contemporaries were just finding their mates too. Just read em with logic suspended now. Although last couple that's been hard to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 5:40:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 21, 2012 5:40:53 AM PDT
A. M. Ponzo says:
One of the (many) reasons I didn't like Acheron. Timeline for that book, and the entire series, was just completely hijacked.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2012 5:41:14 AM PDT
Bitchie says:
Was Feehan a soap opera writer? We call that Soras- sudden onset rapid aging syndrome! When the kid is 5 one day, and 16 the next, lol!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  100
Total posts:  325
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 19, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions