Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 18, 2011 9:02:23 AM PDT
Karlyn says:
Making of a Gentleman by Shana Galen is now $2.24

The Falcon & the Dove (Khamsin Warriors of the Wind) by Bonnie Vanak is now reduced to $0.99

Never a Bride by Amelia Grey is now $2.39

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 9:17:18 AM PDT
Libros Lover says:
Laura Baumbach's 'Out There in the Night' is 0.99 and well worth it if you're interested in m/m paranormal erotic romance.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 9:21:46 AM PDT
I agree -- I purchased Charming the Shrew not too long ago and after reading it, bought the others by Laura Wittig and am now a fan! Reasonably priced and what a great author.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 2:09:31 PM PDT
Haven't read it, but there's a new freebie for Kindle: Deadworld by J.N. Duncan

Again, can't attest to its being "good," but it's free...surely that counts in its favor. :)

I think it's PNR/UF. Here's the description:

She's as tough as anything haunting Chicago's streets. But to deal with an inhuman power that won't stay buried, this FBI agent needs help that comes at an immortal price. . .

Jackie Rutledge has seen her share of supernatural killers. But her latest murder case is what recurring nightmares are made of. Brutally exsanguinated human victims, vanishing-into-the-ether evidence, and a city on the edge of panic mean that she and her psychic partner, Laurel, are going to need more than just backup . . .

So Jackie is fine with any help rugged P.I. Nick Anderson can give--even if that includes the impish ghost and sexy vampire who make up his team. But Nick is hiding secrets of his own. And Jackie's investigation has plunged them both into a vengeful game reaching back centuries--and up against a malevolent force hungry for more than just victory. . .

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 2:18:16 PM PDT
SuzyQ says:
I agree with the kudos for Evangeline Anderson's books - I have read all of the ebooks by her that I can find & I have loved them all! She rocks!

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 4:22:49 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Lessons in French by Laura Kinsale is down to $2.39.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 4:28:00 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Jane Austen: The Complete Collection (With Active Table of Contents) by Jane Austen is only $0.99

Product description:
Collected here are 14 of the most popular major and minor works of Jane Austen, dating from her youth to the final unfinished works of her later years. This Kindle version elegantly displays Austen's classic, refined, and beloved prose for your reading pleasure. Included are the following:

Sense and Sensibility
Pride and Prejudice
Mansfield Park
Emma
Northanger Abbey
Persuasion
The Watsons
Sanditon
Lady Susan
Love and Friendship
Lesley Castle
The History of England
Collection of Letters
Scraps

Now you can navigate through the entire collection via a main table of contents as well as each book's individual chapter contents, so finding your place in this mega omnibus will never be a hassle again.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 4:34:08 PM PDT
mitzimae says:
Thanks AJ, I got it. I've not read her before but for free I'll give it a try. And thanks KarLynP, I've wanted The Falcon and the Dove for a long time. Also got The Rebel too. I've had a couple of books by E Anderson in my TBR collection and will have to move them up on my 'need to read' now list...they sound great.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 6:59:02 PM PDT
SpeedyReader says:
Lord Ruin is now $0.99.

Thanks for the notice. Just bought it.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 7:18:56 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
Karlyn, have you read the Falcon & the Dove? The plot sounds very interesting and different...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 7:21:05 PM PDT
MelissaB says:
I have read it Mary and I really liked it. Well worth 99 cents.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 8:07:37 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
I've had it in my top 10(ish) pile for a few months now. I will read it, and soon. Just have to work it in. :-) It does look really good. It was MelissaB who first pointed it out to me, but I've seen others highly recommend it too.

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 9:02:44 PM PDT
Ridley says:
Fallen From Grace by Laura Leone has been re-released in ebook for $4.99. I haven't read it yet, but it's on all sorts of "best of" lists for romance.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2011 9:13:51 PM PDT
Oh this book sounds very interesting.
Dinasty of Egypt?
That really got my complete attention.
I just downloaded, thank you :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2011 1:37:47 AM PDT
@Ridley: That looks really interesting. Thanks for mentioning it. :)

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 3:25:41 AM PDT
Mary Malone says:
Mile High Guy by Marisa Mackle is an airline romance. It's about a flight attendant who becomes besotted by a handsome frequent flyer - only €1.16. Cheap and cheerful and a lighthearted comic read. If you like Marian Keyes, Cecilia Ahern etc you might like this. Also Susanne O' Leary is a good chick lit writer and her books are good value too.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 5:04:10 AM PDT
TravelingGal says:
I liked The Charmer (Dark Lands) - it's a paranormal with an alternate world but most of the emphasis is on the relationships. Priced at $.99 and it's a nice full length book.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 8:42:30 AM PDT
E. Burns says:
I finished Lord Ruin last night. Surprisingly good! I love nice surprises.... I recommend it.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 1:04:33 PM PDT
jim duncan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 1:19:44 PM PDT
Thanks, Jim!

In case anybody wanted to read it, When Harry Met Molly is now $2.99 on Kindle. I just finished it last night...decent wallpaper historical with cute characters, but some editing issues.

Posted on Apr 19, 2011 7:37:25 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
I just finished Ship of Dreams by Brenda Hiatt, and I really really enjoyed it. Definitely worth more than the $2.99 I paid for it. Very different from the standard romance, but the hero and heroine and their love story was superb. I adored the main characters in this book. And I found out in the author's note at the end, that many of the supporting characters are the author's characterizations of real passengers on the real ship. Much of the story takes place aboard the S.S. Central America, which was a real ship that sunk in 1857. ---- Don't worry... there is an HEA... and it's a good one! :-)

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 2:20:12 AM PDT
AllySophia says:
I just finished.. Dreamwalkers Book One, The Gathering .99c had me hooked from beginning to end. A sleepless night. A good, long read as well.

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 3:49:52 AM PDT
Joan Reeves says:
Mary Bellomo says: I just finished Ship of Dreams by Brenda Hiatt,

Oh! That's wonderful. Brenda is one of my friends. She writes great stories, and I can remember when she was just talking about wanting to write this one.

Joan Reeves

Posted on Apr 22, 2011 4:17:40 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Claire Delacroix has re-released some of her older historicals in ebook format at $2.99. Anyone ever read her? They look pretty good!
The Rogue (The Rogues of Ravensmuir)
The Scoundrel (The Rogues of Ravensmuir)

That's Amore @ $1.49 is a new book by Erin McCarthy. Actually, it is a release of the first book she ever wrote (which never sold to any publisher according to her blog) as an ebook a few days ago. I'm partway through it now and it does have that great writing style and humor that I just love. This was a great surprise, a new McCarthy read!

Posted on Apr 23, 2011 4:01:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 23, 2011 4:03:36 PM PDT
KAH says:
Some recs, I'd advise you to read the reviews beforehand.

What Nathan Wants - I'd give it 3 stars, it's mostly just fun, although not very believable.
Fallen From Grace - 4.99 but excellent - def 5 stars
The Merry-Go-Round, a romantic comedy - .99 cents, 3.5 stars
Lord Ruin (sexy Regency Historical Romance) - Loved it! 5 stars, very steamy!
Crazy For You - Much better than I expected, it was a very emotional read for me. 5 stars
A Taste of Desire 4.58 - 4 stars
The End of Marking Time - not a romance but an excellent read and only .99 cents
Impetuous - 3.38, 4 stars
Devil's Desire - 2.39, 4.5 stars
Her Perfect Revenge (a romantic comedy novel about getting even with a bad boy!) - LOVED IT!! 5 stars

Continued in another post
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA *** 8642 8 minutes ago
Biker Books Lending 1282 8 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 6842 17 minutes ago
Upcoming Releases of Romance Books with Asian Heroines... 371 23 minutes ago
Compiling list of hurt/injured heroine ... 283 28 minutes ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 508 1 hour ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4034 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 3018 1 hour ago
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 9995 2 hours ago
CELIBATE HEROES (not virgin heros!) updated list 327 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  790
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 196 customers

Search Customer Discussions