Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 8, 2011 3:25:26 PM PST
In addition to what KarLynP said, I like to add, that while you have the right/privilege to read and post as you like, you only do so until Amazon says otherwise. Amazon, in response to many complains from its customers, said self promotion is now only allowed in the MOA. You have an issue with that. Please take it up with Amazon, not with posters on the regular fora.

Also, and I believe this is the silent majority, just click "report abuse" and not "ignore" when self promos appears, I do. Strangely enough, the poster you accuse of being the lead bully (and I mean ginmar) is one of the few who when reading a self promo, advises the poster about Amazon's rules, directs them to the MOA and asks them to delete their post before Amazon does. Any writer, who then say "oops, I didn't know, thank you" and then participates as a reader in any of the threads is more than welcome.

As many other posters do, I check profiles of regular posters (yes, nosy) and if it is a writer whose posts interested me and shown me that his/her style and reading preference is close to mine, I will buy their book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 3:36:17 PM PST
ginmar says:
There it goes! Poof! I'm going to have to kick a puppy or something.

Funny how the DVF will downvote THAT.....but not spurious comparisons to genocide.

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 6:48:54 PM PST
Bump

Posted on Dec 8, 2011 9:35:50 PM PST
Bump

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 12:01:23 AM PST
Love to shop says:
Thanks lwd. I've been and had a look. Interesting as you say. Someone told me about here: http://www.kindleboards.com/index.php/board,3.0.html somewhere where adults talk without the kids bitching.
Well, I've had it arguing with you "ladies", can't be bothered with you any more. I can't be doing with horrible, snardy people who get offended when it's returned. It's like I'm back in school with that gang of nasty, but popular (only because others are intimidated with them) girls who are terrorising the playground.

I'm not intimidated and neither will I join in with your nastiness and THAT'S the reason I haven't "clicked" here.

Ta ra.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 12:18:26 AM PST
ginmar says:
Because calling MOA 'cyber genocide" is utterly inoffensive and we're just so meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean to point that out.

Good job selling your books. That 'cyber genocide' remark AND the attitude that accompanied it will get a lot more mention that your 'books'.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 12:26:32 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
I love "mob mentality" the best.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:22:21 AM PST
Ginmar babe, I'm telling you the tranquility button is the way to go!

*Janet sits calmly drinking her morning coffee, Rio curled contentedly next to her.*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:31:42 AM PST
ginmar says:
I just can't let such blatant lies go unchallenged. And they just fascinate me, too. I mean, who can SAY carp like that with a straight face??! It's more than one person, too. Mobs, torches, genocide, all that.....?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:35:48 AM PST
I know babe, just tweaking you a little.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 5:38:34 AM PST
She'll be back, how many times has she left before?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:39:13 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
Janet -- I am going to try for tranquil too so I am putting away my torch and pitchfork.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:40:34 AM PST
ginmar says:
Yeah, I know. I'm still fascinated by these folks, though. It's just their bad luck that they stumbled over a person who did so much travelling in the backwaters of the Ukraine-----I swear, there are HUNDREDS of graves left behind by the Nazis, and almost none of them are marked or notorious enough for anyone to care. And with the population aging, they're going to fade from memory entirely. It's an amazing region, but the whole thing just points out how obscene it is for some spoiled rotten scribbler to even use the word genocide.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:40:41 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
Think of the proverbial bad penny.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:41:31 AM PST
ginmar says:
Yeah, it's hard to miss somebody who never leaves.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 5:55:07 AM PST
SNORT. giggle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 6:14:39 AM PST
I'm always up for a good discussion (argument). I'm not fond of banging my head against the wall. I believe that some people make comments that are deliberately designed to elicit angry responses. Their payback is the dissension that they stir up in the fora. IMHO, refusing to give them that payback is the best course of action because every reply that they receive is a victory and I don't want to reward such behavior. In my imagination the scenario would go like this. A poster known for employing such tactics makes an offensive comment. No. One. Responds. The poster doesn't receive the "high" they usually get from all the angst they stir up. Just saying.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 6:17:50 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
Janet -- I agree with you and was just teasing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 6:23:23 AM PST
Oh, Katherine I know. I didn't take your post as snarky. Did my comment sound that way? I'm sorry. It was supposed to be a general comment on my reasons for using the tranquility button. I did not mean to sound argumentative.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 6:27:43 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
You aren't snarky at all. I was the one being sarcastic with the mob reference (not to you of course). I do agree with you about the tranqility thing but some behavior is very hard to ignore.

So how's the littlest minon?

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 6:32:21 AM PST
FYI: Rocky Perry's masterwork, Luke Banderloft and the McFarven Pirates (book1) (Luke Banderloft Series) is now FREE for download. Yeah, you know you want it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 6:32:46 AM PST
He is fabulous! I'm going to go see him after the holidays. I'm trying to give Mom and Dad some bonding time with him before I visit. It's killing me to wait!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 9, 2011 6:37:56 AM PST
Um, yeah let run right over and use the 1-click crack pipe on that one. Not! But, when I looked at it, I noticed that The Hacker Hunter is down to six reviews. How about that?

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 12:29:52 PM PST
Karlyn says:
bumping for the latest spam poster

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 12:32:04 PM PST
Karlyn says:
If you want to report the latest spammer, here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_rvt_np?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1VWOG6QIJ6RVT#CustomerDiscussionsNew
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers* 8980 5 minutes ago
Looking for romance books with abused/timid/skittish heroine 18 14 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4143 1 hour ago
Biker Romance Part 2 6773 1 hour ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 831 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 1368 2 hours ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 3932 2 hours ago
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 9965 2 hours ago
Help: can't remember this shifter book 11 2 hours ago
Looking for historical in Scotland, the hero thinks heroine tried to Kill him 1 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  129
Total posts:  3904
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  May 24, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions