Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fan Fic Fight Club - Season Two

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 6:40:59 PM PST
Carrie says:
Ab drunk! I want to be Ab Drunk! But I agree with Read, Merc... maybe you should wait like... a week before you tempt yourself with hot man meat. I mean... I kinda thought I might need to ice my vajay in sympathy after that description.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 6:47:55 PM PST
Carrie says:
I have never read a single Harry Potter book. That's why I never read Water. Well... AND that the actors stick in my mind either as kids or as they look as adults and NONE of them are attractive, IMO.

This fic looks awesome though! Love Zombies... maybe I will follow and when it's done give it a whirl.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 6:50:16 PM PST
bklvr says:
Carrie: you live in Texas?!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 6:53:34 PM PST
Carrie says:
Bk: Louisiana. I only WISH I lived in Texas.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 6:54:52 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
Some Twi-fic wips to follow:
Purelyamuse (wrote Masen Days) just started a new romance/angst fic called Overpass.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8907781/1/Overpass
"Sometimes I think all the people I love will eventually leave me. Just disappear." "Maybe . . . I don't know . . . maybe we don't need lots of people. Maybe we just need one. And that's enough."

SOUL by denverpopcorn
Meet Edward Cullen, boy next door, dreamer, and self-proclaimed virgin. Take a journey with him as he heads out in search of The One. AH. EPOV, E/B.
Rated: Fiction M - English - Drama/Romance - Edward & Bella - Chapters: 13 - Words: 102,689 - Reviews: 1,591 - Favs: 964 - Follows: 1,322 - Updated: 01-12-13 - Published: 04-22-11 - id: 6928840

I am LOVING nosleep3's take on Twilight in her wip Cracked. Purely humor (some dark).
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6042271/1/Cracked
If Twilight sort of didn't make sense to you before, it really won't make sense to you now. A recharacterization of Bella and a satire of all the things that made you go, "Wait, what?" Dark humor, drama, and snark.

Miss Conception and Mis(ter) Understanding by samekramer
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8638990/1/Miss-Conception-and-Mis-ter-Understanding
Edward Cullen attends a cookout at his boss' house and stumbles upon a troubling situation. He meets the most beautiful woman he's ever seen, but he believes she's being held in a plural marriage against her will. After the first meeting, he's determined to rescue her. Is he her 'Sir Lancelot' or is he reading the situation all wrong?

In the Debris by BelieveItorNot is now complete. This is an EdwardxBella fic, but I really liked her portrayal of Victoria and even James as well. Good story, no whattings between ExB.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7915341/1/In-the-Debris
A story of unlikely friends, a story of family, a search for truth and a search of self. "She's everyone else's Isabella, but she's only my Bella." "I write a poem about a boy and girl who fall in love in the eye of a tornado."

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 6:55:49 PM PST
bklvr says:
@Carrie: aw, darn!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 7:01:34 PM PST
Carrie says:
Bk: Trust me.. I can't wait until we get to relocate. My husband's job just isn't very "easy" to transfer. My career gave up the ghost as soon as I stuck foot in this state so I tend to only work part-time. I'm thankful my hubby has a job and insurance though in this economy and I concentrate hard at 'trying' to stay on the silver lining.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 7:08:44 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Carrie: For HP fics, the only character I picture as the actor is Emma Watson as she is now. The others are much better looking in my head. I don't picture ANY of the Twilight actors when I read the Twi-fics. They're all in my imagination and they look different for every fic. They just have the same names.

You LIVE in Louisiana?! I don't know if you live near NO, but if I did I would be as round as a bowling ball from all the yummy food.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:14:39 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Carrie: do you mind telling me about Austin after you go? Wait, have you been there already? My bffs and I are deciding on where to go for our yearly girls getaway. We did NoLa last year, Nashville the year before last, and we're thinking maybe Portland this year, but Austin sounds great too for the music scene.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 7:27:52 PM PST
Miss says:
read - "I would f*****g railroad everybody in my way to jump him if I ever met a real life Roarke." I'm with you sister. * Laying on my stomach elbows propped up on my bed with my hands fisted under my chin and a cheesy a$$ dreamy sigh on my face *

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 7:30:03 PM PST
bklvr says:
@Carrie: I was hoping you were a fellow Texan. ;) I've only driven through Louisiana on our way to FL. My hubby actually just separated from the Air Force so we could stay here. We love TX!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 7:31:42 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
See.. I told you *singsongy voice* I really would. Now I'm smiling like a loon now just thinking about him!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 7:45:56 PM PST
Carrie says:
@Read... I love Austin! It's tied with Colorado as my favorite places to visit/live. Austin is this weird hybrid of hippie/artist culture with a heavy mix of yuppie. It used to be a mecca for artists and then the tech companies came in (and other industries) and it changed quite a bit. But it still has that funky vibe! You can burn your whole time in the city just eating awesome food and seeing music. There is also shopping at funky little shops and the campus. And that doesn't even begin to touch on the surrounding area. The Texas Hill Country is RIGHT THERE and it's the prettiest place in Texas, imo. Fredricksburg is an 1.5 hr drive and if you go.. you have to stop off in Luckenbach to have a beer and see who is hanging around playing. Lot's of antique shopping in Fredricksburg. Then there is New Braunsfels which is south of Austin. That is where the original Schlitterbahn is and home to Gruene Hall.... one of, if not the oldest dancehall in Texas. George Straight actually got his "start" there and so many legends of Texas Music (Stevie Ray Vaughan) have walked the floorboards there I can't even begin to name them.

So there is something for everyone in Austin. If you have a foodie friend.. no problem. If you have a shopper friend... done. A sight-seer friend... covered.

I've never been to Portland so I can't compare but I've heard Portland is pretty dang awesome as well.

@Bk I figured you were saying you lived in Texas but I didn't want to out you just in case you were worried we would all road trip over to lock your office with your laptop so 9C's could get your full attention! ha! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 7:56:27 PM PST
bklvr says:
@Carrie: Texas is a big state, I'm not worried. ;) Would y'all feed my kids and hubby and wait on me whilst I write? If so, come on over! Lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 8:04:02 PM PST
Mercered says:
Carrie: ...I'm weaning myself from the pain meds so it's going to be monthsssss....lol....Without the pain meds I'm not even walking upright. So I definitely won't be tempted since I'm in my right mind tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 8:18:11 PM PST
Carrie says:
***Runs to freezer for sympathy ice pack. Tosses one to Read. And uh no... go ahead and keep it, Read... no need to give it back***

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 8:23:25 PM PST
Carrie says:
Ya know... I don't feed the husband that I have now... so I might not be the best option for that support role.

Now... research... I'm all good for research. You need hot naked man inspiration? I'm your girl!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 8:26:13 PM PST
bklvr says:
@Carrie: hot guys are yum, however, they do not help me think!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 8:30:51 PM PST
Mercered says:
I definitely had more energy and healed faster with the older 2...sigh...old age...all worth it when I see that little face though :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 8:36:19 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
*caught freezer pack in one hand and now resting on my non-broken vj in sympathy for Merc*

uhm.. yes, as a germaphobe I wouldn't think of giving it back to you. I really need to order that biohazard suit.

Austin sounds like fun. I've already emailed the girls for possible next year. We're foodies and shoppers, so it sounds perfect. The music scene is just a very big bonus.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 9:20:16 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Meg-

Is it this one? Remmy over at AO3 seems pretty confident it is.

Story: While You Were Gone
Author: Jenny0719
Summary:
Upon returning to Forks, Edward quickly learns that trying to remove supernatural forces from Bella's life by leaving was in vain. She's undergone a transformation that he couldn't have even imagined. AU
Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Supernatural - Edward & Bella - Chapters: 15 - Words: 103,645 - Reviews: 1,299 - Favs: 1,047 - Follows: 1,155 - Updated: 07-19-11 - Published: 07-14-10 - id: 6142197

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6142197/1/While-You-Were-Gone

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 10:04:49 PM PST
Thanks for new link.....

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 10:21:39 PM PST
Jolyn Tinker says:
Alex Pettyfer is my go to hotness that I picture as Edward.. Actually his face morphs between hot Rib and Alex depending on the book. Anywho, thought I'd throw that in.. Also the reason the casting was so bad in twilight was (at least for Rosalie) the director of the first one put her (Nikki reed) in all her movies. Not sure why.. But there you go. I couldn't believe they picked her for Rosalie.. Awful casting.

Posted on Jan 27, 2013 10:38:56 PM PST
RgReader says:
Any recs for average Bella, no kicka** foulmouthed ooc Bella.
Also average Bells paired with darkward, possesiveward anti-heroward... thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2013 10:40:29 PM PST
BlueJay says:
I thought that SOUL had been abandoned by the author (last update was in May 2012!) I'm happy that some of my favorite stories have been updated after a long 'hibernation' period: Little Green and Easy Bella, La canzone della Bella Cigna, Honest Liar by aWhiteBlankPage (she's such an amazing writer).

There are a few stories that I desperately want to see updates in 2013:

1. Guardian by ChampagneAnyone - Yes, that's the #1 on my wish list.
2. Dine and Dash
3. All That Remains by TheEdwardians
4. Fold your wings
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 7 days ago
Free Today Third Edition 3308 2 minutes ago
Historical Highland romances that have abused heroines, either by father, brother, uncles, etc. 2 9 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4905 13 minutes ago
Romance novel were heroine gets pregnant early on in story by alpha male 202 27 minutes ago
M/M Loan Thread 1181 29 minutes ago
Looking for books with H or h as a translator... aliens, sign language, anything 10 32 minutes ago
Hero in Love at First Sight. 63 48 minutes ago
Looking for a book 2 1 hour ago
Can anyone help me find this book? 4 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 2063 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  7183
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 20, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 42 customers

Search Customer Discussions