Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football Baby Sale
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Plus Sized Reads

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2011 1:56:44 PM PST
Jamie Garton says:
KT, Great recommendation! Thanks for sharing. I will need to find some time to come back and post more about the books I have read and make some more suggestions...
Happy Turkey Day to all!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2011 1:12:07 AM PST
Aussie says:
Whoo hoo! Thanks kt. I'm also going to check out this book!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 9:22:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 6:43:09 PM PST
Passionate says:
Jamie, Bet Me is also one of my all-time faves. I love when heroines aren't these perfect Victorias Secret model look-alikes. If you like historicals, you should definitely check out Only in My Dreams, by Eve Byron. One of the best treatments I've seen of a plus-sized heroine... and, *spoiler*: at no point does she suddenly become a more conventional size! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 9:37:39 PM PST
Jamie Garton says:
I am going to add this to the wishlist! I will at some point get around to reading all of these, but for the next month I am going to go hardcore Christmas reads. It's that time of year...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2011 9:50:12 PM PST
BorderGranny says:
size 12 or 14 is plus size? Yikes !

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 2:35:28 AM PST
Prue says:
bump

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2011 10:06:47 AM PST
Jamie Garton says:
I agree BG, however the way the world looks at women now if you aren't wearing a size 4 or 6, you are too big.

Posted on Nov 29, 2011 3:50:29 PM PST
KES says:
This book is currently free: Nothing To Lose.

Just reading the product description, this could be one of those books where the plus-sized heroine has to lose weight to get the guy/fulfill her life's dream/be successful, etc. I'm not keen on those, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011 9:31:48 PM PST
Jamie Garton says:
My problem with books like that is that most of the time, not always, but most of the time the girl decided to make this change, to exercise and eat better to lose weight, to get the guy. If the book is about making that change, feeling better about herself and THEN meeting guy who turns her head its a great read. But to make that change BECAUSE of a guy, no thanks!

Posted on Dec 1, 2011 11:10:19 AM PST
Pomma says:
Jaime,
No guy is worth it if he wants you strictly for your appearance weight or anything else for that matter. "But to make that change BECAUSE of a guy, no thanks!"
I so agree with you on this one. I have been all over the scale throughout the years without dieting, and my DH takes me as I am. I recently started a job where food is in my face for 8 hrs, and it has just flat out killed my appetite. So I've lost about 20#'s, and my DH is constantly saying you can't stop eating....lol Wanna bet...???
Would love to find more wonderful stories based in reality and as good as the titles already listed on this topic.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 8:05:09 AM PST
Jamie Garton says:
Another thing, I can't think of the book title, but I read a book where the H's mother was completely horrible to the h about her looks and her weight and of course how the H could never want someone who looked like she does blah blah blah, but never once does the H stand up against the mother nor did they let the h defend herself. It was as if the writer couldn't think of anything witty to include for the h to tell the mother to shove it. Just because the h gets the H; that isn't enough. I want intelligent banter between the two, preferably where the h wins and walks away without another thought to the things said to hurt her. Maybe thats just me...

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 8:10:32 PM PST
B says:
Am I the only one who thinks plus size reads are almost like a cliché themselves? Mind you, I'm plus size myself, I just think that heroines who are overweight and unhappy with themselves, who think no one will love them as they are, who have issues and feel broken are like most women in the world. So, that doesn't attract me, at all. Most women look average (or less than), are averagely smart, so what? It's no big deal that they're heroines to me. What I like to see, what gets to me, is when a heroine is beautiful, for example, or rich, or comes from a great family, and still, she can't be happy. When she has "everything" to be happy, but is not. In a way, I see that as less cliché than the "fat girl with a great personality who thinks she'll never get a guy, then meets a great guy who falls in love with her just the way she is." I mean, really?

But, sometimes, I feel it's just me. And, like I said, I don't mean overweight prejudice in ANY way. I need to lose a few dozen pounds and I'm not even kidding.

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 11:21:57 PM PST
Geri says:
I think that when I read a romance where the h is so beautiful and the H fall for her with just one look, I think of course because it's love at first sight. But is that real true lasting love?? Could be. When I read about a real size person and the good looking H see's, accepts and love's that person because he gets to know her, I believe that would be real love.

You are that that there are too many cliche' books out there where the h has low self esteem because of her weight.

Posted on Dec 4, 2011 4:19:05 PM PST
Me says:
Miss may, miss April and miss October by Madison Hayes. I don't know if they have been mentioned here before but I just read them. They are short reads which figure big girls finding love.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 4:56:55 PM PST
KES says:
Just a heads up to those interested... here are a couple of FREEBIE plus-size reads:

Unlikely Love
CHUBBY CHASER: Adult Explicit Humor

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 5:08:32 PM PST
Have you read the first one? Ive saw that one a few times but one of the reviews has me shying away.. Any spoilers would be greatly appreciated

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 5:15:34 PM PST
nameinuse says:
She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 5:16:35 PM PST
KES says:
I haven't read it yet, but it's on my list of plus-size reads so I downloaded it and I'll post a review after I read it. At least it's free so even if you hate it, it doesn't cost you anything - except your time.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 12:54:38 AM PST
Wow.. Unlikely Love is BAD.. And I do mean bad..

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 6:44:24 AM PST
MBAButterfly says:
Nicky, will you give spoilers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 7:35:10 AM PST
I honestly cant give complete spoilers because I had to skip the middle it was so bad but here's basically what happens Im not going to call them h/H because this book is so screwed up

First off this tries to come off as some kind of inspirational but there is way too much cussing and sexing for that.. The book starts out and its Jasmine's (main character) birthday. She meets Ant (main character) that day and decides if she wasnt saved she would give his boss a try.. She goes to her birthday party and her ex boyfriend (Marcus) is there.. So she decides she is going to live a little and sleep with him.. did I mention Marcus cheated three years ago and broke her heart? Well her friend tries to stop them as they walk out and what does Jasmine do? She goes off on the friend and says basically she cant mind her own business but the friend was just trying to help Jasmine because she was the one who helped her through the breakup.. This scene she cusses the friend made me pretty sick so I had to start skipping around.. So she ended up not sleeping with Marcus that night.. I skipped the majority of the middle but dont think I missed much because at this point- Marcus lives with Jasmine and they are engaged. Everybody is cheating on everybody and running behind each others back.. One of Jasmine's friends cheats on her husband (WITH Ant- Jasmine's "H" FOR FIVE YEARS) and another woman.. That husband is sleeping with another of Jasmine's friends.. Jasmine is sleeping and staying with Ant.. Ant supposedly loves her, everything comes to head.. The friend that slept with Ant ends up trying to commit suicide or accidentally overdoses. Her husband cries over her body until the ambulance gets there saying how sorry he is and how much he loves her but guess where he is that night? Marcus turns out to be scum- Surprise- He is abusive and Jasmine runs to Ant.. Then stupidly goes to talk to Marcus and surprise- Marcus slaps her.. Then she gets mad because Ant refuses her "lovemaking" and decides she is going to leave. Im assuming they end up together but honestly Im not reading anymore of it.. The writing is BAD and the story is bad.. This is not romance, please dont waste your time

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 7:38:14 AM PST
MBAButterfly says:
I'll be deleting this off my Kindle. Thanks! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 7:59:36 AM PST
Your welcome and Me too.. At least I didnt pay for it..

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 8:16:08 AM PST
Pomma says:
Thank you for the review and now I'm ever so glad I didn't get it. I hate stories that are all over the place, and normally don't always trust reviews. But when it's been rehashed by another reader as you have done, I'm trusting my hinky feeling and definitely NOT going to spend the time to read it. My time is so precious these days when it comes to spend it reading what I love.
Thank you Nicky...*S*

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 10:05:20 AM PST
SocialReader says:
Here's my pick for rubanesque reads:

Fall of Troy
Loving Large--Yours, Only And Always
Charmed
Full Bodied Charmer
Stud Muffin Wanted
Wishes
The Ugly Girlfriend

Hope this helps! Also like someone else said look at Ellora's Cave for their rubanesque line. All ERomance also has tons of books by different publishers under the same line.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  232
Total posts:  1566
Initial post:  May 29, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 87 customers

Search Customer Discussions