Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Books similar to Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2301-2325 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:13:59 AM PST
Iowegian says:
Melanie, When you finish could you let us know if this is a complete story? I'm really tired of cliffhangers, and am trying to not put my money toward authors who don't provide a complete story. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:15:13 AM PST
Melanie says:
No indication that it is a "serialized" book. Her other titles seem to be stand alones. A good sign!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 11:17:33 AM PST
Iowegian says:
Thanks, Melanie!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 5:30:21 PM PST
K. King says:
starsaga..

thanks for the lend! Loved the books and read them quick!

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:24:01 PM PST
Zeba143 says:
Would someone be able to loan me the Kathleen Turner books please? Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 7:55:39 PM PST
starsaga says:
Cheers! Glad u liked!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2012 8:13:51 PM PST
There's a lending thread here: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_fp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdThread=Tx220FHT9SZN254

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 11:24:19 AM PST
angie1010 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:25:17 PM PST
Paige P says:
Restoring Jordan is a complete story with a HEA

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:50:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 12:51:05 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
You know what annoys me? When posters come here to recommend a book and when I go to read reviews of that book and I see them making comments on the negative reviews, trying to minimize the reviewer's opinion. That's twice now on Forty Shades of Pearl.

I'd forgotten that I'd read the sample, but now I remember. No, thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 12:53:42 PM PST
Melanie says:
Paige, You beat me to it. Yes, Restoring Jordan was definitely a stand alone complete read. No trilogy in site (Yay!) and a nice HEA.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 1:54:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 1:55:15 PM PST
Kim says:
Have you guys read Incidental Happenstance?
I'm reading it now and its really good so far and free to borrow from the kindle library. or $4 to purchase. It's another one about a rock star and a regular ol' girl. :)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 1:55:59 PM PST
Kim says:
So, is Restoring Jordan really good? It sure doesn't have very many reviews.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:00:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 2:01:53 PM PST
starsaga says:
I recently came across Elizabeth Finn and Ella Fox books, am completely addicted now to both these authors books.....imo the similarities to 50 shades are the first person writing, the h being very young and the H being head over heels in love but with an inner struggle that creates the tension, in most cases. I would recco these two authors for their writing really good hot romances without cliffhangers, glad to have found them and thanks to those who reccomended them!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 2:03:36 PM PST
angie1010 says:
Opinions are opinions - we are all free to say what we think. HJ you are free to just read a sample of an author's work and trash it, just as much as I am free to laud an author's work that has moved me when I have read the whole book and its sequel. I am not trying to 'minimize' someone's two-line 'review' at all - I just have a difference of opinion. There is no law that in the comments section we have to agree with the comment or remain silent if we think otherwise! There is such a thing as freedom of speech.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:40:05 PM PST
Melanie says:
I am a pretty tough rater and I gave Restoring Jordan 4.5 stars. Glad to see Ella Fox mentioned. I have those in my tbr.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 3:51:20 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
So sorry to offend you. I'm strongly pro-reviewer, and feel that people who are brave enough to post their opinions of a book read should be respected and left in peace. This is why Amazon's review system is totally screwed up. Anyone who has a negative opinion gets attacked, berated, chastised, or disagreed with, and in many cases, refuses to continue to review, thereby creating an imbalanced system.

If I had posted my disagreeing negative comment on your 5-star reviews, you'd probably be livid, wouldn't you? But I would never dream of intruding like that.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:48:42 PM PST
L. Burns says:
<<Anyone who has a negative opinion gets attacked, berated, chastised, or disagreed with, and in many cases, refuses to continue to review, thereby creating an imbalanced system.>>

Agreed. When I see the same group of posters who feel that they just have to leave a comment on every single negative review it totally turns me off the book. If you love a book - great! - leave your review and let others do the same without telling them how wrong they are for not liking the book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:34:11 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 5:44:04 PM PST
First amendment folks; one can disagree without being labeled disagreeable. I like to hear both sides when offered.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:32:02 PM PST
i dont understand why comments can be left on a review. if you want to comment, write a review.

imho.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 6:48:37 PM PST
Trekkie says:
I personally do not read 5 star reviews. Seldom do I read 1 star reviews. IMO 5 stars means the reviewers liked everything about the book, 1 star means the opposite. I would rather read 3, or 2 star reviews, thinking the reviewer is more objective. If I see what the reviewer disliked about the book I can decide if that is something I would also would object to.

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 7:12:11 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 20, 2012 10:42:11 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:27:19 PM PST
Lisa says:
Intense. Insane. In Love. is NOT free.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 7:29:30 PM PST
cathyr says:
She's spamming just about every thread.

That's one way to reach every never-read list on Romance.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  511
Total posts:  2394
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 12, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 102 customers

Search Customer Discussions