Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Love story between German and Jewish girl during WWII

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 6, 2009 9:39:39 PM PDT
Yahaira says:
A while back I saw a similar post but I ignored it since I wasn't interested, but I am now intrigued by the forbidden love theme, and what could be more forbidden than a love between a German and Jewish girl during the Nazi era in Germany? I would prefer it to actually be set in Germany because it can add a lot of suspense, and I do require a happy ending.

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 9:49:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 6, 2009 9:50:52 PM PDT
Ashley says:
Not set in Germany, and it's a YA book, but I remember one I read as a teen.

Summer of My German Soldier (Puffin Modern Classics)

Posted on Jul 6, 2009 11:00:35 PM PDT
Yahaira says:
I read Summer of My German Soldier a long time ago and found it heartbreaking. This was a good suggestion, but I was hoping for something more mature and with a happy ending.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2009 11:05:25 PM PDT
Amy Lane says:
Okay-- I seem to remember a Harlequin HIstorical with this theme, but, alas, I don't remember the title. (I do know that Fiddler on the Roof had this theme...If I were a rich man...dum dum dum dum dum dum dum... lol!)

Posted on Jul 7, 2009 1:44:20 PM PDT
Yahaira says:
I saw the movie and it was good, but I'm kinda hoping for something different. All suggestions are appreciated!

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 3:55:34 PM PDT
kiki says:
Wel, this isn't the book you're looking for but the book is called "Naughts and Crosses." It's not kind of a cross between a young adult book and an adult book. It was really good. It definantly has the "forbidden love" thing going on. Kind of reminds me of Romeo and Juliet a little.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2009 4:06:38 PM PDT
gilly8 says:
Try this one, its a true story:

The Nazi Officer's Wife: How One Jewish Woman Survived the Holocaust by Edith H. Beer and Susan Dworkin

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2009 4:52:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 9, 2010 2:43:18 PM PST]

Posted on Jul 15, 2009 4:54:00 PM PDT
'The Commandant's Girl' by Pam Jenoff - the book takes place in Nazi occupied Poland. It is the story of a young bride who is an orthodox Jew. Her husband leaves to fight in the resistance and she takes a job as a secretary for a Nazi officer. This is a really powerful story and I recommend it highly. There is a sort of sequel titled 'The Diplomat's Wife'.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012 8:50:46 PM PDT
shelf says:
I also enjoyed the Kommandant's Girl, it reminded me of the film Black Book which also had a Jewish woman having to seduce a Nazi officer to get information etc. Are there anymore books/films like it?

Posted on Nov 3, 2012 6:13:49 PM PDT
BookHawk says:
A Beautiful Cage

A Beautiful Cage by Alyson Reuben
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jul 6, 2009
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions