Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Karen Marie Moning's next love triangle (spoilers maybe?)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2011 8:16:25 PM PDT
P Gallegos says:
OK so from what I'm understanding her next "Fever" series (whatever she decides to call them), will be about a sidhe-seer (Dani), a who the f knows what he is (Ryodan) and an Unseelie Prince (Christian) ummmm wasn't this the story line for the recent Fever series?

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 8:39:17 PM PDT
Lester says:
My understanding is that her next series will delve more fully into the lives of the Sidhe-Seers and will feature those three characters. She said in a chat on her message board after the first or second book that Christian would receive a HEA in the new series, but didn't give any details as to who or how. I havn't seen or heard anything about a love triangle featuring Dani (who is 14, so ewww), Ryodan and Christian. To the best of my knowledge KMM has not spoken extensively about the next series other than to give those few tidbits.

And for the record ****SPOILER****

Christian is not an UnSeelie Prince - he is beginning to turn into one because of what Mac did to him in the Silvers, but he is not fully turned yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2011 8:44:43 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Hi P. Did you read the fever series? Im not convinced Dani or Christian are what they seem to be. The cast you mention were major secondary characters in the fever series, so my guess is the new series will not be stand alone reading. But i expect major twists and turns, and hopefully more on who/what everyone really is. I look forward to it and already have many predictions. But to say any of them would be spoilers of the fever series.

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 8:59:51 PM PDT
P Gallegos says:
I was a HUGE fan of her Highlander series and I bought the first Fever book when it came out, had it in my TBR pile and found out it was going to be told over 5 stories and gave my copy to a friend so I wouldn't be tempted to read it, then have to wait literally years to get the full story. No joke for the last 5 years I've skimmed over posts on here, forgot anything I read, then when Shadowfever came out I got all five and read them all in a weekend. I thought they were amazing and had a million questions after I was done reading, and just now am looking at her page for more info on what's to come. From what I was getting from her site, she has a graphic novel coming out, then also a love triangle for those 3, which I actually don't see the Christian part, but from two different comments Ryodan made I think he's waiting for her to grow up. I just skimmed the series this weekend again and loved it all over :)
KarLynP what are your thoughts on Dani and Christian?

Posted on Jun 5, 2011 9:28:59 PM PDT
Redwithabook says:
Yay! I love love triangles! I hope she ends up with Ryodan though I agree that he just waiting for her to grow up! Thanks for the info! :)

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 12:53:02 AM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
Does anybody know when this book is going to be published? Any hope for early next year?

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 7:16:14 PM PDT
P Gallegos says:
Aussie Girl I have no clue. I did see that she's going to write a super short story told from Barrons POV in the next few days. (I'm the worst at repeating info because I get stuff confused) but if she does do a three story arc I'm going to wait until all three are done. I can't handle cliff hangers :)

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 8:35:38 PM PDT
Lester says:
Aussie Girl - there is no publish date for the new series yet, KMM is doing a graphic novel first then beginning the series, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it.

As for the short with Barrons, apparently there was a Facebook contest to have fans vote for the most Alpha Hero and KMM promised a sex scene from Barrons POV if Barrons won the contest. No timeframe on when that will come out either, though it should be in the next week or two - I would check her boards for details if you are interested.

P Gallegos - I am with you on KMM's next series. If she writes it like Fever (one story over 3 to 5 books) I will not purchase/read them til they are all out. I sincerely hope that is not a trend that other authors pick up or I am finding a new genre to read, or switching to only stand-alone books. Too much drama during the wait between books and too much filler to make the story stretch to the five book total.

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 9:25:17 PM PDT
Dani and Christian seem to be evolving into ... something. Christian an Unseelie Prince and Dani, well, she got some blood on her when she killed one of the flying creatures (darned if I can think what it's called). She noticed right off that her strength and speed were increasing. Oh, and there's the makeover the Gray Woman gave her, a little something extra.

Can't imagine who Dani might wind up with. High hopes for Christian and the other eight like Barrons that they will find someone.

Guess I'll just have to wait. I bought the first four Fever books and put them up until it was almost time for release of the last one. I don't think I could have stood it had I read them each singly.

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 10:38:50 PM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
Thanks for the info. For the record, I am more than interested in Barron's POV.

I picked up the first Fever book while on holidays looking for a good airplane book. I had heard a lot of good things about the series and love PNR/UF. Boy, it made that 24 hour flight go quickly. As soon as I got home, I read the next three and then had only a month to wait until Shadowfever came out. Thank God. I would never been able to handle a year waiting for the resolution to the ultimate cliffhanger. I love the series so much though I know I will be buying the next instalment as soon as it comes out. Then just have to deal with the results. What's the old saying, Good things come to those who wait....

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 12:20:07 AM PDT
M. Childers says:
I am another one who waited for all books to come out before devouring and enjoying the Fever series.
I am so glad I waited, I would have been insane with the mountain high cliff hangers KMM left at the end of each book. So I will wait for the completion of a new series also.
But any....ANY... thing with Barrons would be welcome. So if someone posts a link to the new short story coming that would be appreciated also.
Thanks for the tidbits.

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 5:57:36 AM PDT
desdecar says:
I think I was the only one - but I really loved the interaction at the end of Shadowfever between Ryodan and one of the other Sidhe-seers - they were bantering endlessly. I can't remember her name (Jo? no idea), but she just seemed like a better match: another warrior, but grown up. I can't stand Dani though, so I am biased. Then again, Mac was pretty insufferable in the first Fever book too.

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 7:37:28 AM PDT
HeatherS says:
If I remember correctly, KMM said that she didn't know how much she was going to age Dani in the next series and that she may only age her a few years. This would still make her too young for an HEA with a man. My guess is neither Ryodan nor Christian will end up with her. Plus there is "Dancer" to concider. I will need to go back and re-read the books but I was thinking that Dani always had some supernatural ability and it was only made stronger with her fighting. The way that she keeps getting compared to Barron's men, I keep thinking that maybe she is somehow Ryodan's daughter. He seems drawn to her, I just can't figure out how.

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 10:52:18 AM PDT
TrishaLouise says:
Oooo.... Good one Heather! I'd have never thought of Ryodan and Dani being related.

I liked Christian a lot and would love to see more of him. I loved the Fever books but I thought KMM kinda "waxed on" in the last book, way to much inner reflective thinking. It went on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on! Lol

Posted on Jun 7, 2011 11:24:15 AM PDT
I woujld love to see Ryo and Jo get together...I didn't hate dani, but wasn't a fan of her either...if she were to get a book, I would want it later in the ARC because I can't see her as a heroine right now

Posted on Jun 9, 2011 7:13:32 AM PDT
P Gallegos says:
I think she's putting Dani and Ryodan together personally, just reread the fourth book, and there's a part where Ryo has Dani locked up and Mac and Ryo are talking, he says something about her, Mac says she's 14, and he says time will remedy that.

Are any of you V'lane fans? I LOVED him and still do. Don't get me wrong I didn't want him ending up with Mac, love her and Barrons together, I just loved almost every single scene he was in.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 9, 2011 1:16:49 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Exactly my thoughts too Heather!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 10:20:39 AM PDT
HeatherS says:
I think Dani will be better once she is older and doesn't have a 14 year old mentality. IMO KMM wrote her well for a 14 year old (annoying, cocky, childish) but I wouldn't want Dani to be 24 and still be the way she was in the Fever books.

I also think Jo will have something going on with Ryo. There is something between him and Dani but I dont necessarily think it will lead to an HEA. It will be interesting though.

Does anyone know when KMM is going to start writing these? Also when will she have The Lady Lies all the way out? I kind got hooked on that and I hate having to wait so long for the next chapter.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 4:09:24 PM PDT
Redwithabook says:
I agree with you on both statements! I loved V'lane and she obviously is putting ryo and dani together! Also o hope the warrior who had his love killed gets a new love intrest maybe Kat or Jo?

Posted on Jun 15, 2011 4:17:28 PM PDT
Purse Monkey says:
I'm truly disappointed if Dani is the new heroine because she is the singular most annoying character in the Fever series. I wanted to slap her most of the time. I skimmed over her POV cause I can't stand her ADD thought. Can't say I'm on the edge of my seats waiting for her books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2011 4:27:17 PM PDT
Redwithabook says:
You gotta remember. She's a fourteen years old right now and fourteen years olds are horribly annoying it how it is at that age trust me I have cousins who are that age recently and it's he'll for there parents they will grow out of it though and I'm sure Danny can become a lovely good young woman. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2011 5:47:02 AM PDT
I think Ryo sees Dani as a annoying little sister...that's why I don't think there will be a HEA between the two of them and hoping for Jo

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 2:57:34 PM PDT
Lester says:
@Heather S - last I heard The Lady Lies was going to be released by KMM's publisher as a bound book, so KMM was doing some re-writes and cleaning it up. No time frame on when that was happening though.

As someone who raised 4 teenagers I didn't think Dani sounded at all like a 14 year old - I thought she sounded like what someone who has never been around a 14 year old thinks a 14 year old sounds like.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 5:26:53 PM PDT
P Gallegos says:
Lester what is The Lady Lies supposed to be about do you know?
I also skimmed so much of Dani's POV parts because they were giving me a headache. I'm not disliking that she's getting her own book, but I would dislike if her book started at her current age.

Posted on Jun 19, 2011 9:44:49 PM PDT
Lester says:
P Gallegos - not really. KMM began posting chapters of an unpublished story on her blogsite; she was going to post one a month or something but only posted a few. After awhile she posted a note saying that because of the interest in the chapters she was polishing up the manuscript and her publisher was going to release it. I think it is a regency, but not really sure. I read the first chapter, but then decided to wait until they were all posted and read them.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions