Customer Discussions > Romance forum

favourite authors

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 8:08:19 AM PST
neon moon says:
i know that everyone has a hard time picking favorite books, and limiting them to a certain amount (mine could be in the 100s), so i thought it might be easier to pick all-time favorite authors. everyone will have their own definition of what favorite means, but for me it's the ones that i buy/own every book they've written and then re-read over and over and over. i might not like some of the stuff that they're producing now, but i still buy the books because i hope that they will get back to what i consider their proper form. let's say top 8 authors.
mine are:
nora roberts
linda howard
mary stewart
ilona andrews
lisa kleypas
georgette heyer
roxanne st. claire
karen robards

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:39:25 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Lisa Kleypas
Teresa Medeiros
Julia Quinn
Judith McNaught
Julie Garwood
Carla Kelly
Lavyrle Spencer
Meagan McKinney

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 9:05:51 AM PST
Sally Jones says:
Lisa Kleypas
Judith James
Elizabeth Hoyt
Karen Robards
Nora Roberts
Charlotte Featherstone

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 9:31:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 9:31:42 AM PST
CMommy says:
Abbi Glines
Kristen Ashley
Julie Garwood
Kresley Cole
Lauren Barnholdt
Sylvia Day
Eve Langlais
Jennifer Crusie

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:37:14 AM PST
Lord Rose says:
Anne Stuart
Elizabeth Hoyt
Judith Ivory/Judy Cuevas
Kresley Cole

I actually haven't read every book by a number of my favorite authors, although I do own them, because I have some notion of saving them to read for when I need a good book. (And also, whenever I do massive backlist reads, I always end up getting tired of the author...)

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 11:46:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 12:37:14 PM PST
Sunshine says:
Lisa Kleypas
Julie James
Judith McNaught
Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Abbi Glines
Rachel Gibson
Anna Campbell
Emma Wildes

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:28:31 PM PST
read4fun says:
Judith McNaught
Julie Garwood
Marsha Canham
Lisa Kleypas
Julia Quinn
Barbara Metzger
Sarah MacLean
Teresa Medeiros

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 4:45:38 PM PST
neon moon says:
aggh! how could i have forgotten susan elizabeth phillips?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:40:36 PM PST
LTR says:
Robyn Carr, Susan Wiggs, Suzanne Brockmann, Lori Foster, Linda Lael Miller, Julie Miller, Susan Andersen, Jill Shalvis, Catherine Mann, Nora Roberts. And depending on my mood, some of Debbie Macomber's and Lora Leigh's books. There are more but these are authors whose books I've collected and kept.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:46:55 PM PST
LTR says:
Oh, I blew the top eight -- sorry, I missed that. Not even sure who I'd take out -- okay, if I couldn't buy any more books from the author, then I'd say remove Susan Wiggs and Suzanne Brockmann (although I have dozens of their books, I'm not wild about their latest ones). Whew, that was painful thinking of removing someone!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:12:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 13, 2012 8:15:05 PM PST
Like the "Pick your 5 Gems" thread - making a list like this give me hives! The problem is...well, I love Lynsay Sands historicals but not a big fan of her vamp books. Julia Quinn's earlier books are among my favorites, and maybe 5 years ago she would have been an automatic for me on this list, but now...well, while I still read her, her last few have been pretty blah. Ditto for Linda Howard (I mean my goodness - I gave her last book a 2* rating - for Linda Howard!! - but she still remains a top author for me!). I love Julie Garwood's historicals, have never even considered reading her contemporaries. If I had to bite the bullet (and assuming I can't pick 8 per genre!), I guess I'd say...

Linda Howard
Lori Foster
Anne Stuart
G. A. Aiken/Shelly Laurenston (hah - two for the price of one!)
Nalini Singh
J. D. Robb
Suzanne Brockmann
Julia Quinn
Cherise Sinclair
Maya Banks

At least this is how the list pans out today - with more thought, a few might change...maybe swap out Brockmann for Christy Reece or Pamela Clare - or swap Nalini Singh for Kresley Cole or J. R. Ward, and OMG, while historical romance is my favorite romance to read, I only have one on here (well, two including Anne Stuart) - and there was no room for any cowboy lovin', or m/m, or...ahhh...head exploding...! And yes, I realize I cheated and have 10 on the list but seriously, who has ever heard of a top 8 list?!! ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 7:54:28 AM PST
neon moon says:
the 8 was more a soft target, with 10 being optimum :-).

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:47:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 13, 2012 5:42:07 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 12:50:25 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Spammer, 3 threads so far. Not mention $10. Highly overpriced.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions