Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Help with a title/author

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2012 10:25:43 AM PST
Doreen says:
I tried to find this on another thread but no luck so far. I would call this book Romantica (explicit romance with an HEA). Here's what I remember:

The H is some kind of cop/law enforcement. In the opening scene, he is in a park waiting for an informant. He sees the h sitting on a bench eating an ice cream cone and is instantly attracted.

He winds up talking to her and they make a date to meet for dinner. The h is a grad student (I believe) and is staying with her aunt or uncle while going to school. I think she works part-time in a bookstore (not positive but I remember she had a job).

On the first date, they wind up getting it on in the ladies room of the restaurant. I remember a scene later on where the bad guys go after the h and I think there is a day-time shoot out on the street. I also seem to remember the hero takes the h to meet his family (he has a big family).

The writing style reminds me of romantic suspense like Shiloh Walker or Lisa Marie Rice.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 12:03:42 PM PST
MegMeg says:
I'd be interested to know what book this is as well.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:26:49 PM PST
I think it is a Novella that was part of Cheyenne McCray's Lexi Steele series:

The Edge of Sin (Real Men Last All Night Anthology)

Includes The Edge of Sin by Cheyenne McCray

Zane Steele lives a life of extraordinary danger as a government agent an has never let anyone get too close. Then he sees the one woman who will change his life forever.

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:29:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 4, 2012 9:29:44 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012 9:56:44 PM PST
Doreen says:
Oh my gosh, thank you so much that was it! I've read so many books this summer and I was searching through my ebooks looking for it, duh! I forgot to check my print books.

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 11:05:05 AM PST
Glad I actually figured it out! Sometimes I'm so sure I know it, but can't quite nail it down.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012 7:34:43 PM PST
Doreen says:
I went back and re-read it today. It was so well done for a short story I had it in my head that is was a stand-alone.
Thanks again, I know I can count on the posters here to help out!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:36:33 AM PST
I really like the whole series. Not sure there will be any more to it, but I agree that for a short story it was particularly well done.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions