Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Family Romance with Potential Stepdad?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2012 7:24:20 PM PST
mommybear10 says:
Hi everyone!

I've come to my trusty forum for advice. I just read an amazing fan fiction (warning), http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7096926/1/The-Breakers, which involved Edward being an inmate who meets a woman and her daughter. The story was made by the interaction between the father and daughter.

I'd love to hear of any other stories like this. I've read many where children were involved, but the interactions were sorely lacking. I'd like the mom to have the kid, and the male figure to have to seek his paternal side.

Any ideas?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 2:58:14 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
The Perfect Play (A Play-by-Play Novel) by Jaci Burton has this theme. Football player meets woman with young teenage son. There's not a TON of interaction between the two, but enough to work well.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012 9:36:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012 9:37:06 AM PST
tealadytoo says:
Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick uses that plot frequently. The kids aren't the h's natural child, but are usually an orphaned younger sibling, nephew, etc., that she is raising. The H becomes the male role model. She usually writes it rather well. Some examples:

Grand Passion
Second Sight
Deception

There are others. She really likes H's who are good father material.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 3 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Need a good historical romance 98 1 minute ago
M/M Loan Thread 969 29 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 3943 39 minutes ago
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 9720 43 minutes ago
Help with remembering book title, please! 1 50 minutes ago
books similar to Zapata's Kulti/ The Wall of Winnipeg and me 76 54 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 2804 1 hour ago
BBA (a.k.a. Edit BEFORE you upload, not after readers complain!) 219 1 hour ago
A Forgotten Audience? 55 1 hour ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 9367 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions