Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Heroine believes she doesn't deserve to be loved

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2012 5:34:01 PM PST
Annie says:
Looking for reqs where herione thinks she is unloveable/non-deserving of the heros' love.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 5:35:43 PM PST
Oh god, you are actually asking for my entire Kindle collection. I can't wait to get some new recommendations and I'll go search my library.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 9:22:12 PM PST
MegMeg says:
The Courtship Dance by Candace Camp
Loved this story

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:04:04 AM PST
read4fun says:
A Lady by Midnight (Spindle Cove 3)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 1:02:01 AM PST
BethB says:
Law Man (Dream Man) by Kristen Ashley. h has a 1-10 rating system of people and sees the H as at least an 8 (maybe higher) while thinking of herself (to begin with) as a 2.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 12:39:49 AM PST
Annie says:
I just finished Law Man by Kristen Ashley. Great read

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:26:22 AM PST
CMommy says:
Wanted h grew up with a drunk mother always telling her no-one would want her. So after these sweet words from her mother and after being cheated on by 2 bfs she doesn't trust H when he falls in love with her.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 1:58:53 PM PST
This is a book involving BDSM which I'm reading now, not for everyone. Rite of First Claim (Diablo Blanco Club) by Qwillia Rain. h was abused physically and emotionally by drunk father.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 2:54:09 PM PST
Annie says:
Thanks everyone!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 3:40:24 PM PST
Noelle says:
This one looks really good Cinnamon Girl and I just downloaded the sample. Thanks =)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:10:06 PM PST
Reader79 says:
Do you like paranormal romances? Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts) is the first book in the Downside Ghosts series. The heroine is Chess and she was horribly abused in her childhood and is convinced that she is a bad person. The central romance takes a while to develop - so don't start unless you want to read more than one book!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:15:53 PM PST
i think this is more urban fantasy (same characters over the series arc, than HEA in one book correct)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 5:56:14 PM PST
Reader79 says:
Now that you mention it, I do believe I may have purchased the first book in the urban fantasy section of Borders (back in the day:)) The HEA is ever evolving with this character. Every book sees a little more happiness and a little more emotional growth.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 11:50:00 AM PST
Annie says:
Bump

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:41:54 PM PST
I finished The Farmer's Wife (Contemporary Romance) (The Luchetti Brothers) the other day. I believe it fits. Six years ago the h left the H and went through a tough time and doesn't believe she deserves his love or a second chance.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:48:15 PM PST
Drr.Drew says:
sounds different. got more spoilers? whats her secret?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:14:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 10:16:22 PM PST
***** SPOILERS *****

SPOILERS- DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

I think it is a very different story, at least from what I'm used to reading. The H/h were high school sweethearts, he is a farmer to the core and she just wants out. She winds up pregnant but they don't tell anybody. Then when she miscarries they disappear. The H still wants to marry her and begs her to marry him anyway, she runs away in the middle of the night. Fast forward six (IIRC) years later and the h is coming home for the first time. She is a successful paralegal. (If you can't tell I'm very wordy with spoilers lol- sorry) There is a side story about her parents- longtime married so they don't communicate so well, plus her dad just had a heart attack and her mom is menopausal. (I really enjoyed their story) She isn't very close to her mom and basically wanted to be the exact opposite of her mom (her mom is a farmer's wife, stay at home mom, six kids etc. so she is an independent, single, careerwoman. This is part of why she left). Everything is not hunky dory with this family, there is resentment and anger at the heroine. For some reason she goes to the H's farm and surprises him. He ends up falling off of the roof and breaking both wrists. Somehow she is volunteered to be his helper. This H wasn't very alpha (therefore not really my cuppa) but they keep hinting at something happening in the past. Basically what had happened was she gets pregnant and really doesn't want the baby, or to be stuck in their small town. I'm pretty sure the book says she wished the baby away every day until she miscarried and then she felt so guilty. Then when the H still wanted to marry her she felt trapped so she ran. Then to deal with the guilt of the miscarriage and guilt of leaving the H she drank, and when she drank she slept with strange men. It never said a number but it sounded like a lot. The This is one of the only books I've read that the heroine moved on (again not my cuppa but I know alot of y'all look for books where that happens)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 12:00:28 PM PST
Tala says:
Thanks for the spoilers Nicky (even though I wasn't the one to ask) I just moved it up my tbr pile. It's lendable if anyone wants to borrow it.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:31:47 PM PST
Another Kristen Ashley with this theme is Rock Chick Redemption and, to a lesser extent, Rock Chick Rescue

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 2:55:45 PM PST
The Endearment by LaVyrle Spencer
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 May 2, 2016
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4166 45 seconds ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4930 1 minute ago
Young Adult/New Adult 4 4 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 4022 8 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 6828 17 minutes ago
Best one-liner or zinger you read in a book? 139 23 minutes ago
M/M Loan Thread 1120 29 minutes ago
CR recs with shy/anti social insecure H, with a sweet but strong h 6 33 minutes ago
Romantic Suspense h is famous 10 40 minutes ago
HELP! Please help me identify this book! 2 48 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 19, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions