Customer Discussions > Romance forum

CELIBATE HEROES (not virgin heros!) updated list

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 202 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 3, 2011 1:57:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2011 11:24:58 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
CELIBATE HEROES - Updated June 3 2011 - NOT VIRGIN HEROES!!! (There are seperate threads for virgin heroes)

Help me compile a list of celibate heroes. I am mostly interested in those heroes who are celibate because of their love for the heroine and they cannot see themselves with anyone but her (during their seperation). Other reasons for being celibate are OK as well.

BECAUSE THE HERO LOVES THE HEROINE

Contemporary Harlequin Presents

THE MARKONOS BRIDE by Michelle Reid -HP
PASSIONATE SCANDAL by Michelle Reid - HP
LOST IN LOVE by Michelle Reid - HP
THE ITALIAN'S REVENGE by Michelle Reid - HP
THE SHEIKH'S CHOSEN WIFE by Michelle Reid - HP
A PASSIONATE MARRIAGE by Michelle Reid - HP
THE SALVATORE MARRIAGE by Michelle Reid - HP
MARRIAGE SURRENDER by Michelle Reid - HP
INTANGIBLE DREAM by Patricia Wilson - HP
A LINGERING MELODY by Patricia Wilson - HP
DEARES TRAITOR by Patricia Wilson
NAIVE BRIDE, DEFIANT WIFE by Lynne Graham - HP
THE VERANCHETTI MARRIAGE by Lynne Graham - HP
DAMIANO'S RETURN by Lynne Graham - HP - Hero was kidnapped and held hostage for years in a foreign country
THE DESERT BRIDE by Lynne Graham - HP
ONE NIGHT WITH HIS WIFE by Lynne Graham - HP
THE RELUCTANT FIANCE by Jacqueline Baird - HP
WIFE: BOUGHT & PAID FOR by Jacqueline Baird - HP
RAUL'S REVENGE by Jacqueline Baird - HP
PREGNANCY OF PASSION by Lucy Monroe - HP
TAKEN:THE SPANIARD'S VIRGIN by Lucy Monroe - HP
THE BILLIONAIRE'S PREGNANT MISTRESS by Lucy Monroe HP
SENSATION by Charlotte Lamb - HP - once he fell in love with the heroine the hero was celibate for years.
BOOMERANG BRIDE by Margaret Pargeter - HP
BRITTLE BONDAGE by Anne Mather - HP
YESTERDAY'S SCARS by Carole Mortimer - HP
THE DEVIL'S PRICE by Carole Mortimer - HP
LOST LOVE by Carole Mortimer - HP
THE FRENCHMAN'S CAPTIVE WIFE by Chantelle Shaw -HP
THE MEDITERRANEAN BILLIONAIRE'S SECRET BABY by Diana Hamilton - HP
THE SICILIANS DEFIANT MISTRESS[ by Jane Porter - HP
THE MISTRESS'S CHILD by Sharon Kendrick -HP
UNTAMED LOVER by Sharon Kendrick - alpha H celibate during 10-yr separation from h.
ANOTHER TIME by Susan Napier - HP
SECRET SEDUCTION by Susan Napier - HP
A REASON FOR MARRIAGE by Penny Jordan - HP
PERMISSION TO LOVE by Penny Jordan - HP
PREGANANT BY THE GREEK TYCOON by Kim Lawrence - HP
TEARS OF MORNING by Laurey Bright aka Daphne Claire
THE RICCIONI PREGNANCY by Dapnhe Claire
RUTHLESS LOVER by Sarah Holland
THE MARTINEZ MARRIAGE REVENGE by Helen Bianchin
THE GOLDEN MASK by Robyn Donald - HP
THE GOOD GREEK WIFE? by Kate Walker - HP
THEY'Re WED AGAIN by Penny Jordan -- H celibate since his divorce from h 7 yrs earlier.
BETRAYAL OF LOVE by Diana Hamilton -- H celibate during 4-yr estrangement with h
CURE FOR LOVE by Penny Jordan -- They had been separated for twenty years but it sounded like neither one had anyone else during that time. I re-read it several times and it sounded like both were celibate.
EVERLASTING LOVE by Carole Mortimer -- h and H had a fling when she was 18. He was married. They met 6 years later and he had been celibate all that time
YESTERDAY'S SCARS by Carole Mortimer -- The H is the h's guardian and he fell in love with her when she was 15; they make love when she turns 18 but he sends her away and remains faithful for three years.

Please let me know if there are any mistakes.

P.S. Keep suggesting more books as you come along them!

THANK YOU ALL FOR CONTRIBUTING TO THIS LIST. :)

Jenny :)

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:57:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 12:34:05 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
CELIBATE BECAUSE THE HERO LOVES THE HEROINE

Contemporary

JUSTIN by Diana Palmer
WILD CARD by Lora Leigh
BACK IN YOUR ARMS by Becky Barker - The hero was celibate during their two-year estrangement
INDEPENDANT WIFE by Linda Howard - Writing is ambiguous so it is depends on the reader's interpretation. I think he was celibate during their seperation.
THE SECRET WIFE by Susan Mallery - Both are celibate during their five year seperation.
ALWAYS IN MY HEART by Catherine Anderson - Hero/heroine got divorced three years earlier and both remained celibate during this time of separation.
THE PRODIGAL WIFE by Susan Fox - Hero celibate for five years during their seperation.
NO LONGER MINE by Shiloh Walker - Celibate for the heroine; (warning: adultery! - hero's mistake)
ONE NIGHT WITH YOU by Shiloh Walker - Hero remains celibate for the heroine, he's also in continuous pursuit of her
FROM THE FIRST by Jessica Bird - The H fell in love with the h from the first moment he saw her, but she was married to his best friend. He was celibate for 6 years (until he and the h got together) because the h was the only woman he wanted.
NO CHANCE by Christy Reece - The hero is celibate the entire eight years he and his wife are separated. Very alpha male hero/ protection story. RS.
ON THIN ICE by Cherry Adair - Hero hasn't slept with anyone since the heroine married his friend six years earlier.
TOUCHSTOME by Sharon Sala - H celibate during their 1-yr separation & not even tempted by the women coming on to him b/c only h will do.
IN TOO DEEP: HUSBAND MATERIAL/THE SHEIKH'S BARGAINED BRIDE by Brenda Jackson - H celibate more than 1 yr after h divorces him.
HER BABY, HIS PROPOSAL by Teresa Carpenter
ATLANTA HEAT by Lora Leigh (2nd story of Rescue Me: WITH "Tropical Heat" AND "Atlanta Heat" AND "Deser) -- H celibate for 2 yrs since he met h b/c no other women can substitute for her.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:58:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2011 2:03:27 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
CELIBATE BECAUSE THE HERO LOVES THE HEROINE

Historical

IF YOU DESIRE by Kresley Cole
LOST LADY by Jude Deveraux - Hero is celibate during their seperation.
UNTOUCHED by Anna Campbell - Hero is celibate for a year during their seperation.
AN AFFAIR BEFORE CHRISTMAS by Eloisa James - Married but estranged, he finds he wants no one but his wife, although he tries. He remains celibate until they get back together.
THIS DUCHESS OF MINE by Eloisa James - After the heroine caught her husband cheating on her, she ran to France and stayed there for years. Upon her return, she eventually reconciled with her husband and found out he never slept with anyone else during their seperation because of how awful he felt.
HARPER'S BRIDE by Alexis Harrington
SLIGHTLY DANGEROUS by Mary Balogh - Duke celibate 6 months after his sexual encounter with h.
A CHANCE ENCOUNTER by Mary Balogh - They're married, but separated. Both are celibate until they meet again six years later.
NOT WITHOUT YOU by Janelle Taylor - H/h bth are celibate during their three year seperation.
THE SHATTERED ROSE by Jo Beverley - Hero goes off to war for few years and remains faithful to the heroine(wife) but the heroine didn't remain faithful.
NOT QUITE A HUSBAND by Sherry Thomas - H is celibate since his divorce from h years earlier.
BROKEN WING by Judith James - H is celibate for the years that they are separated.
LADY ISABELLA'S SCANDALOUS MARRIAGE by Jennifer Ashley - H is celebate after separation from h.
THE ROGUE'S REDEMPTION by Ruth Axtell Morren - The hero tries to forget the heroine by doing his usual thing (he's a rogue, after all) but finds it's just not happening anymore....his mind is too consumed with pining for the heroine and he can't "perform. It's inspirational romance, by the way.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:59:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 12:31:49 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
CELIBATE HERO

FOR OTHER REASONS OR THE REASON IS NOT STATED

Contemporary

NOW YOU SEE HER by Linda Howard - After meeting the heroine, the hero is celibate during a year-long divorce to a woman who is not the heroine, although the reason is more out of distaste for his soon-to-be-ex and a desire to avoid unnecessary complications than anything to do with the heroine.
MORNING LIGHT by Catherine Anderson - the hero has taken a vow a year before meeting the heroine or two years before I don't remember exactly, anyways it's around 1 to 2 years that he's been without sex, due to moral reasons.
BABY LOVE by Catherine Anderson - Hero hasn't had any physical relationship for two years after the death of his wife and two kids. His wife was his high school sweetheart and first love. He is celibate until he meets the heroine of the story, and they get married.
"when destinies meet" by v. l. green (christian romance)
MANHUNTING by Jennifer Crusie - The hero is celibate for five years (i think) after his first marriage ends because he pretty much gave up on women and became quite the lazy bugger... until the heroine comes along that is.
COWBOY PRIDE by Anne McAllister hero is a virgin at 32 remained celibate for 11 years of separation
DAMIANO'S RETURN by Lynne Graham - Hero was kidnapped and held hostage for years in a foreign country. HP
MORTAL SIN by Laurie Breton - H is Father Donovan whose life is changed when h, Sarah Connolly, comes into his office hoping that he will help her find her niece. RS.
SEDUCTION BY THE BOOK by Linda Conrad -- After his wife died, H promised to be celibate & had no problems staying so the next 2 yrs until he meets h.

Max Bhagat in Suzanne Brockmann's Troubleshooter series isn't a "man-ho". Granted he's like the second most powerful FBI agent in the country and has little time for sex, but he's really also very honorable. I don't think he's with anyone but Gina after he meets her, and it takes three years before they finally do the deed. It's not spelled out exactly, but that's the impression I get.
Also, Sam Starrett in this series is very experienced and turns to celibacy when his marriage fails and he can't be with the woman he truly loves. Love this series! Also, Brockmann has a SEAL in this series named Jay Lopez who is rumored to be celibate since the death of his brother many years ago. She hasn't written his story yet. I hope his story is next.
SHADOWS AT MIDNIGHT by Elizabeth Jennings
SHADOW AND SILK by Elizabeth Lowell - Hero had taken a vow of celibacy for one year period (may be longer), so he does not have intercourse with heroine until his vow is up, though he does pleasure her. After all, she hadn't taken the vow. This book may have been written under one of her pseudonyms.
FIRST DANCE (Bridesmaids Chronicles) by Karen Kendall -- H celibate since h kicked him out of her hotel room 3 yrs before &.
"HANNAH'S LUCK" by Lora Leigh in MEN OF DANGER -- H celibate since he 1st met h 4 yrs ago & he was still married.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:59:58 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Heavens fire by Patricia Ryan. Hero sworn to celibacy for twelve years.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 2:00:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 15, 2011 11:23:25 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
HERO IS CELIBATE FOR OTHER REASONS OR THE REASON IS NOT STATED

Historical

SAXON BRIDE by Tamara Leigh - Medieval, hero was secluded in monastery and thus celibate prior to meeting our heroine
ONLY A DUKE WILL DO by Sabrina Jeffries - Simon was celibate for seven years while in India
THE SECRET PASSION OF SIMON BLACKWELL by Samantha James - hero is faithful to his dead wife who is not the heroine.
FOR MY LADY'S HEART by Laura Kinsale (faithful to wife)
THE VOW by Linda Lael Miller -- hero goes without for 12 years or so, as I recall.
HEAVEN'S FIRE by Patricia Ryan - hero is a priest who has been celibate for many years.
MY FOREVER LOVE by Marsha Canham - Hero was a Templar Knight.
THE SHADOW AND THE STAR by Laura Kinsale - The hero is raised in the style of Asian martial artists, and his trainer encourages him to remain pure.
THE SECRET PEARL by Mary Balogh - The hero remains celibate throughout a nightmare marriage, until he meets the heroine.
ENGLAND'S PERFECT HERO by Suzanne Enoch - Tortured hero who was celibate after he suffered during the war.
WINTER GARDEN by Adele Ashworth - Hero was celibate after being crippled (among other reasons). A moving romance that also features the theme of unrequited love from the hero's perspective. Both h/h are endearing and deserve their HEA. No TSTL moments either :)
IN THE BED OF A DUKE by Catherine Maxwell - hero is celibate after 1st wife dies until he accidently reunites with the hero-ette who happens to be his nemisis.
VEILS OF SILK by Mary Jo Putney - hero is celibate because his "equipment" is damaged while he is being held prisoner in India. He marries hero-ette with the understanding that he can't do "IT" and then he recovers and the hero-ette gets a big surprise !
SURRENDER TO A WICKED SPY by Celeste Bradely - Hero is celibate due to his "large" size. Makes for some humerous bits with the ivory "expanders'! Part of a very good series by Bradley.
TOO DANGEROUS TO DESIRE by Alexandra Benedict - The hero only had sex with his wife, who died after a pirate raid on their ship, and then the heroine. It was a great book, the last book in a series.
WHEN THE DUKE RETURNS by Eloisa James - the hero and heroine and married by proxy and have never met each other. Upon meeting, the hero revelas that he is a virgin and never slept with anyone because he wanted to stay pure and disease-free for the heroine.
LADY SOPHIA'S LOVER by Lisa Kleypas - the hero is celibate by choice for several years after his wife's death. He throws himself into his work (he's a Bow Street Magistrate) and has no time for women until the heroine works her way into his life and become his clerk/assistant.
LOVE IN THE AFTERNOON by Lisa Kleypas - Christopher is celibate because of war and the resulting PTSD.
DREAMING OF YOU by Lisa Kleypas, Derek Craven - Ambiguous, open to reder's interpretation.
A CHRISTMAS WALTZ by Jane Goodger - Hero was abused (not sexually) as a child and is extremely reserved and shy.
THE DREAM HUNTER by Laura Kinsale - It was lack of opportunity, mostly.
PRINCE OF MAGIC by Anne Stuart. I'm pretty sure he is celibate before getting with the heroine. His reasons were for his spiritual magic studies and because he got bored.
HARPER'S BRIDE by Alexis Harrington - hero wasn't a virgin but withheld the urge to find a "willing woman" because he fell in love with the heroine; it's historical and set in Canada.
LADY ISABELLA'S SCANDALOUS MARRIAGE by Jennifer Ashley- H is celebate after separation from h.
SING MY NAME by Ellen O'connell - has a celibate hero also, they were separated for some years (cant remember exactly how much). Please don't stone me for mentioning her *duck*
TO SIR PHILLIP WITH LOVE by Julia Quinn - H has been celibate ever since his first wife died (and, in fact, a number of years before that - 8 years in total). His first wife was depressed and didn't want to have sex after their twins were born. He didn't want to dishonor his marriage vows. Once his wife died, he didn't want to cause gossip in the village. "He'd had more years than he'd cared to count with only his hand to satisfy his needs."
BLISS by Judy Cuevas/Judith Ivory - He's been celibate for 2 - 3 years by the time he meets the h who becomes a muse for him and through her he is reawakened. The author does a wonderful job exploring not only the psyche of an artist but also that of an addict.
REDEEMING LOVE by Francine Rivers, Christian Romance
BROKEN WING by Judith James - H is celibate for the years that they are separated
LORD OF ICE by Gaelen Foely - H is celibate due to PTSD
MACGREGOR'S BRIDE by Barbara Dan - The H has been celibate during the 2 years his wife has been dead.
HIDDEN HONOR by Anne Stuart - H is celibate for 7 (?) years as a monk
SIMPLY PERFECT by Mary Balogh. -- Hero was celibate almost 3 years before meeting the h. He is an honorable man. He had had one mistress for 11 years since he was a young man ( he had a child with her). He believed in monogamous relationship and never stepped out on his mistress. His mistress did cheat on him and when he discovered it , he never slept with her again thus remaining celibate until she died and he met the h.
THE KISS (Widows Club, Book 2) by Sophia Nash

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 2:04:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2011 2:40:12 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
CELIBATE FOR OTHER REASONS OR THE REASON IS NOT STATED

Paranormal

THE HUNTERS: BEN AND SHADOE by Shiloh Walker - The hero is celibate for five years after finding the heroine. Although his celibacy has more to do with trying to free her (hence the five year period) rather than anything... at first anyway.
TWILIGHT SERIES by Stephenie Meyer - The hero insists on celibacy until marriage to the heroine. 3 novels, with a fourth to be released in August.
Dark Desires After Dark by Kresley Cole too ----- The hero was celibate after he met the heroine but knew he couldn't have her.
MONACO by Eric Robert Morse - Both the hero and heroine are celibate and it is a central theme of the book (one of the major struggles between the two is their intense attraction that they will not allow themselves to fulfill).
A BITE TO REMEMBER by Lynsay Sands - the hero is celibate b/c he got bored of meaningless, casual sex (its PNR and the hero was a 400 year old vamp who kind of gave up looking for his true 'life-mate')
BITE ME IF YOU CAN by Lynsay Sands - the hero has been celibate for like 1800 years (i think its that many) b/c he was consumed with being more of a vigilante after his wife and kids died.
LOVE BITES by Lynsay Sands - H has been celibate for 30 years because he got bored with sex until the h came along.
DARK DESIRES AFTER DUSK by Kresley Cole - celibate since he saw h and realized she's his mate.
WICKED DEEDS... by Kresley Cole - Hero thought he lost his "mate" and remained celibate for hundreds of years....until he found his true mate.
MIDNIGHT AWAKENING by Lara Adrian- Tegan tells the heroine Elise he had not been with a woman since his first mate (wife) died in the middle ages or the Rennisance period.
LOVER ENSHRINED by J.R. Ward- Phury wasn't celibate per say. He was a virgin up until Lover Unbound. Then between losing his virginity (not his heroine and actually quite sleazy) and having sex with his heroine he is celibate. The reasons though are not that honorable of why it takes him so long to have sex with his heroine after they meet. For that matter the reasons why he doesn't loose his virginity after his brother mates are also not so honorable. Up until his twin mates the reason for Phury not having sex was he was to busy and stressed holding his brother mentally together.
THE ISLE OF DESTINY by Shanna Murchison. - Yummy hero! (Paranormal romance, featuring druids)
PLEASURE: THE SHADOWDWELLERS by Jacqueline Frank has two celibate heroes. Sagan is celibate by choice until he meets Valera, and Guin is celibate because he is saving himself for Malaya, whom he guards.

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 2:45:20 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
I tried to edit and update the list in my first post on the original thread but Amazon wouldn't let me because the list is too long.

Please let me know if I've made any mistakes or forgotten to add any books.'

Thank you again.

P.S. Link to original thread: http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/Tx1XMEZHI0J1IY3?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&ref_=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp&displayType=tagsDetail

Happy reading.

Jenny

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 4:23:14 PM PDT
seton says:
"UNCOMMON VOWS Mary Jo Putney - The hero was about to take holy orders when knights show up and tell him he is the heir, since his father and brother have died. He isn't a virgin when he meets the heroine, but he's been mostly celibate for years."

Nope, that is false. Altho Adrian isnt a manslut, he had a long standing relationship with one mistress for YEARS. The relationship just ended a few months before he meets the h.

I doubt this bk fits your criteria.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2011 4:26:41 PM PDT
seton says:
SECRET ADDMIRER by Susan Napier
WAKING UP by Amanda Carpenter

these two have virgin heroes

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2011 1:24:05 AM PDT
JennyG. says:
Thank you, Seton. :)

I removed them.

Jenny

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 3:19:21 AM PDT
thank you JennyG for compiling this list. It is great

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 10:03:11 PM PDT
here is one not mentionned The Kiss (Widows Club, Book 2) by Sophia Nash ---> historical

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 10:26:17 PM PDT
LadyHawke says:
JennyG, most impressive list. Thanks!

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 9:39:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2011 9:40:21 AM PDT
JerseyGirl says:
In Dreaming of You, when he believes he will never see the h again, the H has sex one night with a prostitute who looks like the h and pretends it's her, so he wasn't celibate. It never discussed whether he did or did not have relations with anyone else during their separation.

Posted on Jul 28, 2011 9:57:47 PM PDT
RomReader says:
oh, goody. A more heartwarming "List".

Adding to "because H loves h"...
HP:
THEY'Re WED AGAIN by Penny Jordan -- H celibate since his divorce from h 7 yrs earlier.
BETRAYAL OF LOVE by Diana Hamilton -- H celibate during 4-yr estrangement with h

Contemp:
FIRST DANCE (Bridesmaids Chronicles) by Karen Kendall -- H celibate since h kicked him out of her hotel room 3 yrs before &.
"HANNAH'S LUCK" by Lora Leigh in MEN OF DANGER -- H celibate since he 1st met h 4 yrs ago & he was still married.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2011 1:05:34 PM PDT
Thanks for the list everyone including RomReader. This is cool. I am surprised but happy that Penny Jordan wrote a book where the Hero was celibate during the separation or divorce. I had a book of hers that was a wallbanger for me. The heroine was divorced from the hero for OVER 15 YEARS. She did not have sex with anyone else during that time. AS IF! He on the other hand was a playboy after the divorce. Those kind of books drive me up a tree when the woman has no other boyfriends but the man has multiple girlfriends. So not fair.

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 9:35:29 AM PDT
Double D says:
JennyG, I love this list. I am spending a lot of money but my goal is to read all of these books. So far I have loved them all. Thank you so much.

Posted on Jul 31, 2011 9:41:37 AM PDT
Double D says:
I just read a book by Penny Jordan called Cure for Love (Penny Jordan Lp) and I think it fits this forum. They had been separated for twenty years but it sounded like neither one had anyone else during that time. I re-read it several times and it sounded like both were celibate. It was very good. I normally don't like Penny Jordan but this one was good.

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 9:45:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 3, 2011 9:45:24 PM PDT
RomReader says:
"Atlanta Heat" by Lora Leigh (2nd story of Rescue Me: WITH "Tropical Heat" AND "Atlanta Heat" AND "Deser) -- H celibate for 2 yrs since he met h b/c no other women can substitute for her.

Posted on Aug 6, 2011 9:05:10 PM PDT
Simply Perfect by Mary Balogh. Hero was celibate almost 3 years before meeting the h. He is an honorable man. He had had one mistress for 11 years since he was a young man ( he had a child with her). He believed in monogamous relationship and never stepped out on his mistress. His mistress did cheat on him and when he discovered it , he never slept with her again thus remaining celibate until she died and he met the h. Loved the hero

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2011 12:38:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 13, 2011 12:39:22 PM PDT
JennyG. says:
I updated the list.

One question for Athena, is the hero of Sophia Nash book THE KISS celibate because he loves the heroine or for some other reason?

Thank you for your suggestions and keep them coming.

Happy reading.

Jenny

Posted on Aug 13, 2011 12:51:35 PM PDT
NewDiane says:
"The Shadow and the Star" by Laura Kinsale. The hero remains a virgin to be pure for the woman he believes he loves; then he meets the heroine, loses his virginity with her and marries her, but it takes him a while to realize that he loved the other woman as a sister and loves his wife as a wife.

"For My Lady's Heart" by Laura Kinsale. The hero remains celibate for 13 years at the request of his wife, who enters a convent, and out of respect for his sponsor, another woman. It is only after he learns that his wife died that he marries the heroine (who was widowed) and ends his celibacy.

"The Secret Pearl" by Mary Balogh. The hero was originally in love with his betrothed, but while he was away at war, she fell in love with his brother. When the hero returns, he finds his brother seduced and abandoned his fiance, so he marries her but she doesn't permit marital relations. Despite this, he remains faithful to her for years, until he meets the heroine. Even then, after a single encounter with the heroine, he endeavors to save his marriage although it is clearly hopeless. He doesn't get together with the heroine until his wife dies.

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 11:43:16 AM PDT
Everlasting Love by carole Mortimer.----> h and H had a fling when she was 18. He was married. They met 6 years later and he had been celibate all that time

Posted on Aug 14, 2011 3:38:10 PM PDT
BellaBella says:
Yesterday's Scars by Carole Mortimer: The H is the h's guardian and he fell in love with her when she was 15; they make love when she turns 18 but he sends her away and remains faithful for three years.

There's another one by Carole Mortimer about a tennis star who marries a very young girl, they separate for several years and he's faithful all that time. He's so in love with the h that at one point he believes that the only way he can keep her is by sharing her with another man and he's willing to do that as long as she stays with him. And unfortunately, I can't remember the title but I'm going to look through my HP boxes to see if I find the book.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  50
Total posts:  202
Initial post:  Jun 3, 2011
Latest post:  9 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 35 customers

Search Customer Discussions