Customer Discussions > Romance forum

What books pull off topics you don't normally care for?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2012 8:45:43 PM PST
Kathy says:
For instance, I usually dislike the captive theme/enemies due to war theme, but Mcnaught's Kingdom of Dreams is one of my favorite books. Anyone else have some of these?

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:51:47 PM PST
Bitchie says:
I'm not a huge fan of older woman/younger man stories, but I adored On the Island: A Novel and Finding Home.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 9:31:53 PM PST
Tippi says:
I loved UNDENIABLE. I know a lot of people here hate it because of the cheating and I usually steer clear of books like it, but I just loved it.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:47:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 4:50:40 AM PST
tealadytoo says:
Revenge at Bella Terra: A Scarlet Deception Novel - Christina Dodd

H married her for money and lied about it. Yet I still ended up rooting for the h to forgive him.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 2:54:53 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I normally steer clear of gut-wrenching tearjerkers, but Tymber Dalton's The Reluctant Dom (Siren Publishing Menage and More) and Megan Hart's Broken are in my top 5 favorite erotica/erotic romance books of all time. Both are fabulously written.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 5:45:09 AM PST
read4fun says:
I hate separations and h or H marrying somebody else, but I love the classic Ashes in the Wind by Kathleen Woodiwiss.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 5:53:32 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Great book.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 7:19:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2012 7:27:08 AM PST
Jean says:
I know this isn't a topic but I normally steer clear of short books (I usually feel like I'm just starting to get involved and then it's over) but, based on a recommendation from this forum, I read and LOVED Willing Victim by Cara McKenna. (And then that led me to be more open-minded about shorter books!)

ETA: Like most everyone else, I like an HEA - but I loved The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies) by Tarryn Fisher. I was perfectly okay with the ending - but a lot of people disagreed.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 9:30:02 AM PST
I hate the Big Misunderstanding plot device but I LOVED Rescue Me (Last Chance Rescue Trilogy, Book 1) by Christy Reece. As I was reading it I was aware of the constant lies and misunderstandings between the two leads and I kept thinking, wow, I normally HATE this. But somehow it just worked for me in this one instance.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:00:06 AM PST
neon moon says:
i definitely don't like addiction, whether it be alcohol or drugs, but stacia kane pulls it off, and gets me to root for chess in her downside series. Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:05:52 PM PST
Wendy says:
Susan Elizabeth Phillips Chicago Stars NFL team series-they're probably my all time favorite reads. I care nothing for sports and understand very little about football.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 3:46:58 PM PST
T. Smith says:
I usually hate cheating books but it totally didn't bother me in Lover Eternal. In fact I almost forgot about it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions