Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Books similar to Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 16, 2011 5:51:09 PM PDT
curlygirl says:
Hey readers...can anyone recommend any romances that are similar to the Fifty trilogy...I am almost finished with the second book and I can't wait for book number three (which I think comes out in January). Do you know of any books with the similar storyliness/ hero? Christian Grey is simply one of my favorite Heroes EVER!!! Please, ladies....HELP!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 16, 2011 6:00:17 PM PDT
Curlygirl -- there are a lot of existing threads related to this book. You can search for the title in the search box. Just make sure you are just searching this forum.

Other than that, I've got nothing. I haven't read it!

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 3:49:13 PM PDT
Jolyn Tinker says:
Did you find anything? I just finished fifty shades darker and need something else. Have you read strangers by Barbara elsberg? Than one is really good.. Also beautiful disaster by

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 7:27:44 AM PDT
curlygirl says:
I haven't found anything as good yet. I have read BD and I loved it! But Fifty shades blew me away...i wasn't sure if I would like it b/c of what it deals with, but the author did a superb job of making Christian believable, sympathetic and scrumptous all at the same time. Reading it, I felt like Ana, Christian was so attractive and desireable but I struggled with the fact that he wanted to punish her....and that conflict sooooo works!! The author made you really understand why he had only operated on that level until he met Ana. Can you tell I loved this book?? Haha. I will definitely try the other book you recommended. Thanks! And if you happen upon anything similar or a book you like, I am always looking for keepers, so let me know!

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 7:32:07 AM PDT
curlygirl says:
Ok, i just read the description of Strangers and it looks so good! I just bought it...i will let you know what I thought. Thanks again!

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 8:06:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Nov 11, 2011 6:45:11 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 8:32:38 AM PDT
Jolyn Tinker says:
I really like barbara elsborg's writing style too. I am having trouble moving on from fifty shades too. It was such an amazing book I feel like nothing will compare.. I tried dante's inferno but I kept picturing Gabriel as this dorky looking guy and couldn't get past it. Are you on goodreads? That's where I get all my recommendations? If you are my name is Jolyn tinker.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 10:13:56 AM PDT
curlygirl says:
I tried Gabriel's inferno too!!! But just like you, it was nowhere near the level of Fifty Shades and I found myself skipping around just to get to the end. I haven't been on goodreads but I will try that and look you up! Thanks!

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 5:46:45 AM PDT
Freegirl116 says:
try thoughtless and effortless by s.c stephens...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2011 2:26:42 PM PDT
Kay Tak says:
Try This:
Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011 4:05:32 PM PDT
curlygirl says:
I tried Gabriel's Inferno..it was just ok for me. Wasn't anywhere near FSoG series.

Posted on Nov 5, 2011 6:36:24 PM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
No, it wasn't near FSoG, but I guess I liked Gabriel's Inferno more then most. I am looking forward to the sequel.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2011 9:37:14 PM PDT
Jolyn Tinker says:
The crying at the beginning of Gabriels inferno turned me off.. I couldn't picture him as dashing leading man.

Posted on Nov 9, 2011 6:06:30 PM PST
I just read Generational Sins it is a lot more erotic and BDSM than Fifty is but as someone who loved Fifty I thought it was a semi worthy comparison. As long as you can get past the first chapter, that was pretty nasty.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 7:08:50 PM PST
Jakey's Mom says:
Not into the BSDM thing...are there books that just had the intensity of Fifty Shades?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2011 8:52:27 PM PST
Jolyn Tinker says:
Generational sins was too much bsdm for me I did not care for the book at all. Intensity wise, I like strangers by Barbara Elsborg and beautiful disaster by Jamie McGuire. Are you a member of goodreads? I get most of my recommendations from there.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 7:04:19 PM PST
I also really enjoy Barbara Elsborg. Pretty much all her books are really good. I especially love her heroines, they are all strong independent women with an excellent sense of humor. Strangers and Ordinary Girl are my favorites by her.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 1:34:22 PM PST
ALW2 says:
Try Anne Rice books written as Anne Rampling ....sleeping beauty series..... and others.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 2:01:01 PM PST
BellaBella says:
Ok since the fifty shaded trilogy was originally twilight fanfiction, I'm going to recommend some awesome fics (and best of all you can find them for free). All of my recommendations feature all human characters that bear very little resemblance to the characters created by Stephenie Meyer. These stories feature possessive super in love heroes similar to Christian:

Emancipation Proclamation by Kharizzmatik
Clipped Wings and Inked Armor by hunterhunting
Virgins and Villains by EmmaMama88
The Quiet Storm by sexylexicullen
Work of Art by abstract way
The Blessing and the Curse by The Black Arrow

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 10:10:33 AM PST
Wednesday says:
I LOVED 50 shades of grey! Check out INSUFFERABLE PROXIMITY BY Z. STEFANI and i also heard BEAUTIFUL DISASTRE BY JAMIE MCGUIRE is good (thats the next book i will b buying, lol). I'm looking for books too, so if you find any good ones, let me know!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 10:13:09 AM PST
Wednesday says:
A freind of mine read Dantes inferno, tell me how it is! I loved 50 shades, i read Insufferabel proximity by z. stefani first and i am getting ready to buy Beautiful disaster by jamie mcguire

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 10:25:00 AM PST
Lisa says:
Wednesday: I think you meant Gabriel's Inferno ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 12:48:47 PM PST
Wednesday says:
WHOOPSY! Ya I meant GABRIEL'S, my bad, lol!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 1:04:41 PM PST
Jmv_17 says:
@BellaBella: Do any of these fanfics have cheating/menage? Also, I cannot find the first one you listed: Emancipation Proclomation by either story name or author name. Do you have a link? Thanks :)

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 1:12:20 PM PST
Jolyn Tinker says:
Try sempre by j.m. Darhower.. That emancipation proclamation after it was published.. They changed it to sempre. Just finished it.. Amazing book!!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 96 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 4 8503 40 seconds ago
Outlander 89 22 minutes ago
Are some of your favorite romance writers "calling it in"? 32 41 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 3478 1 hour ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 55 1 hour ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #3 2719 1 hour ago
HP's, Hero's ex is crazy, puts pregnant h in danger 2 1 hour ago
Weekend Reading 19-21 September 26 1 hour ago
Crazy jealous OW/OM causing misunderstanding and angst? (no cheaters please) 292 1 hour ago
Looking for some great romance reads 2 2 hours ago
heroine stumbles upon hero having sex with another woman 33 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  507
Total posts:  2390
Initial post:  Oct 16, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 101 customers

Search Customer Discussions