Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Any recommendations for current books, "no cheaters" please!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 2, 2012 6:17:36 PM PDT
Kassie says:
I like my heroes faithful. I loved On Dublin Street and Mad World (he didn't actually cheat, just made to look that way). I am wary of getting new books as it looks like cheating is the current trend out there.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 1:32:39 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 27, 2013 5:15:38 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 6:25:33 AM PST
Jean says:
I really liked One Night With a Hero by Laura Kaye. He doesn't cheat and he's (mostly) so sweet. Loved him, loved her.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2012 9:05:33 AM PST
SAB says:
@Jean.....Oh...I will second your recommendation.

@Kassie - I just read Charade (The Games Trilogy Book 1) and there was no cheating between the H and h. There was some cheating but with the ex-boyfriend. The story was really good. Brought me to tears in one part. Very nice written.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 10:00:44 AM PST
Jean says:
@V - I was just trying to decide if I wanted to read that book. Thanks for the recommendation; I'm going to give it a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:17:20 PM PST
cloverchips says:
Anything Can Happen - Louise Kings, might be worth a look

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 8:36:44 PM PST
Kassie says:
Thanks for the recs, will have to check them out:)

VI - I did read Charade I thought it was really good! I cried too.

Currently reading My Favorite Mistake, I was wary of it due to the h's violent reactions (maybe there's a reason? only 30% into it) but you can't beat 99cents unless it's free;), hopefully there's no cheating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:36:25 AM PST
Sunshine says:
Kassie, there's no cheating in My Favorite Mistake. I really liked it :)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 1:14:00 AM PST
Jean says:
I just finished Back to You by Priscilla Glenn and it was sooooo good!

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:38:52 AM PST
JudyZ6666 says:
>>Currently reading My Favorite Mistake, I was wary of it due to the h's violent reactions (maybe there's a reason? only 30% into it) but you can't beat 99cents unless it's free;), hopefully there's no cheating. <<

Did you finish it? I enjoyed it. I only remember one spot where he flips out totally, and he grovels appropriately. He has BIG issues (as does the heroine).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:00:15 AM PST
Kassie says:
Hi J. M, actually I was talking about the heroine punching him in the face and kneeing him in his special place:) Haven't reached any spot yet where he flips out.

Tinkerbell glad to hear there's no cheating, can't tolerate that, there's enough of that in real life!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:04:06 AM PST
Kassie says:
Jean, can you give any spoilers for Back to You, the description sounds really good.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:09:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 7:11:02 AM PST
Jean says:
@Kassie - I can try. :) Lauren and Michael meet in high school and become best friends. Strictly platonic even though Lauren is in love with him and would like it to be more. Then, after Michael graduates, and right after they sleep together for the first and only time, he does something that destroys their friendship (I don't really want to say what that is, except that it doesn't involve cheating). They meet again 8 years later when Michael, now a single father of a little girl, brings his daughter to a daycare where Lauren is working.

Is that enough or do you need more? It's really a great book - I highly recommend it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:27:50 AM PST
Sunshine says:
Jean, Back To You sounds really good. Thanks for the spoilers. :) Is the H divorced? Is the girl's mother still around?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:45:32 AM PST
Jean says:
No, he was never married. His girlfriend got pregnant and didn't want the baby. He talked her out of an abortion, she signed off on her parental rights, handed over the baby and went back to her ex-boyfriend. She is not in the picture at all.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 8:21:00 AM PST
Sunshine says:
Jean, just 1 clicked it. Thanks again for the spoilers :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 8:22:39 AM PST
Jean says:
No problem - I hope you love it. (I think you will!)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 9:26:01 AM PST
SAB says:
I read Back to You as well and I thought it was pretty good. But I'm not with the others, I did not care for My Favourite Mistake. I thought the h was a total bitch and the H was devine. I thought he deserved so much better then her. She treated him like crap the whole story. Then I thought the storyline was going to get better with the h's past coming to the surface and the story just flopped.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:29:45 PM PST
JudyZ6666 says:
>>Hi J. M, actually I was talking about the heroine punching him in the face and kneeing him in his special place:) Haven't reached any spot yet where he flips out.<<

Ah. I read my h's and H's backwards. :) Yes, she flips out a few times (for reasons later disclosed). He flips once.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 22, 2012 1:37:36 AM PST
Sunshine says:
Jean, thanks again for the rec on Back to You. :) You were right, the story is good!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2012 6:07:19 AM PST
Jean says:
Tinkerbell - Glad you liked it!

Also, @ V. Iampietro - Thanks for the Charade rec - LOVED it!

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 6:56:34 AM PST
i recently read this one, thought it was pretty good.
she is a waitress, he is a mma fighter. not too angsty, warm characters.
Defying the Odds

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 11:39:45 AM PST
Tala says:
I really liked Defying the Odds. It's a re-read for me and the second book is out.

Posted on Nov 23, 2012 1:40:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 23, 2012 1:41:36 PM PST
nancy says:
Just accidentally found Falling for the Ghost of You just started it but it is laugh out loud funny and just what I needed after finishing Find You in the Dark which was a good read but a little on the depressing side. I am hoping book 2 will give a HEA for Maggie and Colt.

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 7:16:59 AM PST
BlueGray says:
Disastrous by EL Montes. Hero is a cross between Braden (on Dublin st) and Travis (beautiful disaster)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
25 29 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 3300 6 minutes ago
The Dedicated JD Robb "In Death" series discussion thread 2080 6 minutes ago
Language barrier (or similar) between hero and heroine? 0 10 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4647 17 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 924 19 minutes ago
Harlequin Novels Where Hero Dumps Heroine 266 51 minutes ago
Help with book title 10 52 minutes ago
Have you judged a book by its cover? 1493 1 hour ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 1489 1 hour ago
Wanted: Heroine is an Exotic Dancer/Strip Tease 101 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 2, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions