Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

You guys are good - looking for a book title

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2012 8:34:10 AM PST
D West says:
I keep trying to find a book I read about a noble women growing up on an island that decides to sail to England to find her relatives. She meets the new head of the family recently from America who doesn't believe she is who she says she is, kidnaps and brings her back with him where they get involved on the ship. Rather than be his mistress she runs away where she becomes a "boy" racing horses to earn money to go back home to the island.

Its driving me nuts...

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:05:00 AM PST
Heart of the Storm??

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:08:46 AM PST
How old is this book? I seem to remember one by Rosemary Rogers with something of that plot.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:12:29 AM PST
D West says:
No, thanks for the suggestion but that's not it. I remember that the hero made the heroine work as a maid in his home in America because he didn't believe she was a lady. She fled/disappeared when she sees him with another woman. Thanks for more suggestions...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:21:00 AM PST
D West says:
I have read some Rosemary Rogers but none of summaries appear to be the book. It could be older but I think I read it within the last few years. Thanks for thinking, though....this is driving me nuts.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 9:31:34 AM PST
Found it, Sapphire (Mira Historical Romance) seems to fit your description.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:35:34 AM PST
D West says:
That's It!!! Wow, you guys are good. This is the first time I posted and had my answer within a 1 - 2 hours. Thanks, Mary.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:36:48 AM PST
Rock on, Mary! That was impressive :D

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 9:39:13 AM PST
What can I say? I impress even myself. :D (Reality clicks back in.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012 10:00:02 AM PST
D West says:
You too?? at least until I can't find a book title after looking for it for weeks and driving my husband crazy with mumblings about possible authors of that story I have been pondering...You did your good deed for the day, Mary. My husband and I thank you. :)

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 1:41:34 PM PST
:) My work here is done. Off to do other good deeds before I trip over my cape again.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 3:17:32 PM PST
Lmao! Go on, Supermary!! Be freeee to rescue other hapless readers.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions