Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Question about the Mercy Thompson Series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 2:15:15 AM PST
Magelet says:
I've been a fan of Patricia Briggs's Alpha and Omega novels since the first novelette, but have only just read the Mercy Thompson series for the first time (I'm halfway through the sixth book now). Mostly because I've only recently got over my dislike of first person novels and now actually quite enjoy them! :-) I'm really liking the series, but was wondering: as a werewolf, Adam is basically going to live indefinitely unless he's actively killed, right? Werewolves don't age in Briggs's world? But if there's been a reference to Mercy's mortality so far, I've obviously missed it. She does keep pointing out, though, that she can't do much beyond shifting into a coyote and seeing ghosts, etc. So is Mercy going to continue to age and eventually die while Adam stays young forever? It seems odd to me that she's debated being with him, then finally mated with him and married him, yet that issue hasn't been addressed at all so far?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 4:55:42 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
That's a good question. I don't recall it being addressed, but then, she is a paranormal creature herself, so I just assumed that she would be similar in life span.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:44:47 AM PST
I suspect she will live at least as long as Adam, given the identity of her father.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:34:16 PM PST
Peppicheep says:
Mercy has not yet aged to a point that it would show that she is ageless (like the weres). My thought is that to Adam it does not matter - he wants Mercy and will take her for as long as he can get her. One of the best marks of a good writer is show not tell, and at the funeral where the man carried the woman up to speak - and it is shown that this is his mate aged and he has not -- is a great show of how this can function in a pack.

I honestly think Mercy will age, Briggs is too good a writer not to pass up this way of giving Adam and Mercy another challange to overcome.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:41:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 6:42:10 PM PST
Bitchie says:
I would think that if Mercy aging were going to be a problem, it would have been brought up in some way by now. Briggs isn't one to leave out important details like that. It's been established that werewolves can live essentially forever, several have been mentioned to have outlived their mates, doesn't it make sense that Adam and Mercy would have thought of this fact if her aging without him was an issue?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions