Customer Discussions > Romance forum

looking for strong alpha alpha males

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 52 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 16, 2013 6:30:45 AM PST
J. Healey says:
My favorite reads are alpha males. The ones who take charge, are wealthy. The h is strong but innocent and usally poor. The H becomes over protective and falls in love. I know I should be sick to death of these types of stories but they never grow old with me. I like having stong sex but not multi partners. I love both historical and contemp. novels but do not enjoy paranormal stories. My favoriet authors are Jami Alen, Catherine Anderson, Bella Andre, Mary Balogh, Maya Banks, Connie Brockway, Suzanne Brockman, Liz Carlyle,Lynda Chance,Elizabeth Hoyt, Gaelen Foley,Julie Garwood, Lisa Kleypas, Kathleen Woodiwiss, to mention a few. Any suggestions or list your favorits I will be grateful.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:38:19 AM PST
Vasso says:
Anything by Kristen Ashley you will love. Strong, hot and love their women Alpha males in all of her stories. I started with the Colorado Mountain Series.....first book is called The Gamble. There are four books in that series. Also....Dream Man series has four books as well and I just started that series. First story being Mystery Man and it was excellent!!!! Check out her website or her Amazon page.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:58:08 PM PST
J. Healey says:
thank you Vasso, I will check her out.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 4:09:04 AM PST
J. Healey says:
I have just finished all the Colorado Mountain Series. You were absolutly correct I loved them. I do have a question in the last one Breathe Chase the H had a best friend Joshua Deck, did Kristen Ashley ever write a story about him?

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 10:25:37 AM PST
Dani says:
I seriously loved Breathe! Possible Spoilers ...... I actually loved the h -especially the way she handled the 'dark'. I loved how she realized that they couldn't have a real relationship and stood up for her own needs. This was particularly impressive when you consider her normal shy personality. Btw on Kristen Ashley's website she mentions that she is going to write a story about Deck in the future.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 10:28:20 AM PST
Vasso says:
Glad you liked them. She's an unusual author to like. Some other like her or hate her. I do believe that story about Deck might be in the works. Read the Dream Man series, you will enjoy it just as much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 11:33:48 AM PST
J. Healey says:
Thank you Dani, I totally agree with you about Breathe. I have to tell you I loved this series just what I love hot sex and great Alpha male H and will buy the Dream series next. Any other suggestions please feel free to share your fav.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 11:35:39 AM PST
J. Healey says:
Jst purchased the Dream series so looking foward to reading them. Thank you again Vasso.

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 12:00:09 PM PST
Vasso says:
You are very welcome. I enjoyed them all, the first and last, to me, were the best. I'm looking into the "Burg" series next. I might get them because I'm going through KA withdrawls!!! LOL!

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 8:03:32 PM PST
Neeta says:
The Burg and the Colorado Mountain series are my faves from KA, not least because they contain my fave of her alpha heroes, but they also have a more of a "shared" first and third person perspective.

Lisa Marie Rice also writes some of the best alpha heroes around. Also some of the best ever steamy vanilla sex around. Her heroes are all military or ex-military men.

Also Shannon McKenna's McCloud Brothers and friends series is seriously good alpha male country.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 10:19:02 PM PST
Greg says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 10:45:11 PM PST
Reported your spamming Greg. Please quit

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2013 10:53:46 PM PST
Greg says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 4:36:15 AM PST
J. Healey says:
thank you Netta, I am reading the Burg series now do to a previous suggestion. Will look into the other authors you suggested when I am finished with the series. Thank you again for sharing your fav.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 5:49:41 AM PST
MelissaB says:
Contemporaries:
Linda Howard - Dream Man, After the Night, Mackenzie's Mountain, Heart of Fire, Midnight Rainbow, Diamond Bay, White Lies, Open Season, Mr. Perfect, Now You See Her, Duncan's Bride, Kill and Tell
Tami Hoag - Lucky's Lady
Pamela Clare - I-team series
Lisa Marie Rice - Midnight series, Dangerous Passion, Port of Paradise
Kristen Ashley - Lady Luck, Motorcycle Man
Lisa Kleypas - Smooth Talking Stranger

Historicals:
Pamela Clare - Surrender, Untamed, Defiant, Ride the Fire
The Lion's Bride by Iris Johansen
Defy Not the Heart by Johanna Lindsey

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 6:44:22 AM PST
J. Healey says:
thank you Melissa, Linda Howard, Tami Hoag, Pamela Clare and Lisa Kleypas I totally agree and have read all their works. I am currently reading Kristen Ashley books. Thank you for the others I will put them on my must read list. Thanks again for your suggestions.....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 7:02:05 AM PST
MelissaB says:
J. Healey,

Hope you find some good ones! KA is a good bet for an alpha.

I know you don't want paranormal but if you are ok with time travel you could try Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning, her books have great alphas.

If you like motorcycle riding guys, I also liked Reaper's Property by Joanna Wilde (try if you like Motorcycle Man by KA once you read it).

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 7:23:03 AM PST
J. Healey says:
thank you Melissa. Not into the paranormal or the timetravel story lines. I will check out Joanna Wilde's book. I think in my makebelieve world the strong Alpha male, take charge take no prisoners type of guy is hot. This does not mean my husband, married 33 years, who is sensitve, giving and loving partner in real life whom I would choose. But in my pretend world the strong Alpha male, wealthy, powerful with the sweet h is what I love to read...... Does that make sense, I hope so. I also hope I am not the only one out there who thinks like this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 9:09:45 AM PST
Mo says:
J. Healy - think that is why these Alpha type books are so good because our realities are nothing like them and we can daydream about tough, hot guys..... doubt if you are the only one!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 30, 2013 9:23:10 AM PST
J. Healey says:
thank you Mo. I am glad I am not alone.

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 9:32:05 AM PST
Vasso says:
Oh hell no...you are so not alone at all. The hotter alpha males, the better. And I even enjoy the ones with the potty mouths!!!

Posted on Jan 30, 2013 9:49:01 AM PST
J. Healey says:
OMG me too. And if there is a bit of strong arming the h for passion all the better.....

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 7:36:56 AM PST
JudyB says:
Playing With Fire (Sizzling Romantic Suspense)Trial by Fire (Sizzling Romantic Suspense) (All Fired Up)
I'm a KA addict and have read/re-read her books. Wanted to take a break and read something different, so I got these two by Taylor Lee. Wow! Talk about a hot, hot alpha super male...Nate Stryker is that. Read the first book and one clicked the sequel before I finished the first. He is one totally arrogant, loving, alpha detective that is super possessive. I had previously read Lee's Grand Master series and if you like historical, there are some really hot alphas there.

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:02:11 AM PST
lovebooks says:
Judith McNaught

Posted on Jan 31, 2013 8:34:39 AM PST
lovebooks says:
Can anyone tell me how to download breathe? Is it an option?
Thanks
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
103 Mar 16, 2014
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 1984 55 seconds ago
Fan Fic Fight Club - Season Two 6954 5 minutes ago
Weekend Reading - 18-20 April 17 11 minutes ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 4490 24 minutes ago
World of Romance . . . Rants & Raves . . . Thread #2 8181 33 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 888 36 minutes ago
Top 5 funniest Historical romance you have ever read 86 45 minutes ago
HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween. 7418 46 minutes ago
Kristen Ashley: Which Kristen Ashley Do I Read Next, Part II 143 49 minutes ago
zombie apocalypse romance!! 9 53 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 4 4385 54 minutes ago
ARRAY(0xd8d6ffe4)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  52
Initial post:  Jan 16, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions