Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Gear Up for Football STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

h leaves H with kids and comes back a few years later

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 27, 2012 1:05:00 PM PST
Hi,
I am looking for a book where the h and H were together but she takes off (either willingly or unwillingly) and leaves the H to look after their children and comes back remorseful after a period and wants her family back. I once read a Silhouette Intimate Moments with this kind of theme, and it was a good read. The h witnessed a murder and was put in the witness protection programme, leaving the H to look after their daughter and wonder why his wife had abandoned them. A few years later she comes back with a six year old boy - the H's son, whom she was pregnant with at the time. Both historicals and contemporaries are welcome. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 2:10:25 PM PST
Sec says:
Farida:

What's the name of the Silhouette with this plotline?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012 2:14:38 PM PST
JennyG. says:
I want to know the title of that book too!

Here is a suggestion for you:

The Secret Mother (Harlequin Presents) by Lee Wilkinson

Job: To look after three-year-old Caitlin--cute and cuddly, she's in need of lots of tender loving care and mothering....

Special Qualifications: Matthew is looking for one nanny in particular--Caroline Smith. He's a man with a mission and will stop at nothing to get his own way. So what is he looking for--a nanny, a mother or is it perhaps a wife?

Live-in or daily? Live-in. A nanny who will be there day and night--if required.
Length of stay: Forever--marriage perhaps...

Please enclose a complete resume.

NANNY WANTED!

MILLS AND BOON BACK COVER

Caroline had made a promise to herself that one day she would be back for little Caitlin. Today, four years later, she was about to make that first step towards fulfilling her promise .... It was through a job interview and the position was for a nanny - to Caitlin. So far so good. Matthew, the interviewer, didn't recognise her, or so she thought. Yet there was an unmistakable magnetism between them Perhaps now, Caroline hoped, all her dreams would come true - little did she know that Matthew had a secret agenda.....
They need a nanny and look what they get!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 2:16:53 PM PST
JennyG. says:
There is another book with this theme by Carole Mortimer, I think. Unfortunately the title eludes me right now. I'll get back to you.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 4:49:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 27, 2012 4:49:31 PM PST
Huyen Vo says:
Could it be Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton?

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 5:29:49 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
No Escape (Harlequin Presents) by Daphne Clair - she can't handle postpartum and is worried she will hurt the baby so she leaves her husband and child. They meet up ten years later.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:06:11 PM PST
I have several books with this theme in my TBR pile. I will search it

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:08:35 PM PST
on top of my head I know that Joan Kilby or taylor quinn has one with this subject.
Another author I remember ( but it is not an HP) who wrote a story with this theme is Megan chance ( it is on kindle)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:24:35 PM PST
A Mother's Homecoming (Harlequin American Romance) by tanya Michaels
A Father's Wish (Man, Woman and Child)

After the Frost by Megan Chance

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:37:52 PM PST
The Christmas Secret (Harlequin American Romance) ---> actually h abandons baby for adoption. H adopts their baby

I have several title in which h abandons/wants to abandon baby and H wants the baby. Another closely related theme is h abandons baby to be adopted, child grow up , visits h/or H and bring the parents together ( I think the joan Kilby has this theme). If you are interested I can post them

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 9:49:05 PM PST
Cphe says:
After the Frost

I read it years ago, it is quite a "tear jerker"

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:44:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 12:47:44 AM PST
B. Lim says:
The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain by Abby Green:

Rowan had been Isandro Salazar's bride of convenience. But knowing that the Spanish billionaire would never love her as she loved him, her choice was to make her unborn child her priority and then, once he was born, make her dark journey by herself....But in Isandro's eyes, Rowan's decision rendered her a gold digger who had committed the worst possible crime. However, he couldn't stop her seeing her baby son--or deny that the passion between them was as raw and intense as ever...

Spoiler I copy since am not good giving spoiler: The premise is that the heroine comes back into the life of her family after disappearing for two years to fight cancer. She comes back knowing that her husband will never forgive her and will make her pay in blood for abandoning their son. However, she needs to see her son and be part of his life again, whatever the price. The author keeps you in suspense as to why she won't tell her husband what happened, why she leaves him in the first place rather than battle the disease together. Everything is deliciously wrapped up at the end with no loose strings....

And though, I could not find one darn thing redeeming about the Hero, I could not take away from the passion of the story. It was well worth my time.

The h didn't want the H she have cancer because she over heard the H telling his sister is was MOC. She didn't think he love her enough to through the cancer treatment. Is a really good book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 1:05:53 AM PST
B. Lim, you are one step ahead of me. I was just going to recommend Abby Green's "The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain"

The book was one of the first I read with this theme and ended up enjoying it a lot more than I bargained for. The story is very thought provoking and showed rather than tell the story of a mother's love. It is definitely worth the read!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 4:24:47 AM PST
Thanks for the recs, I will check them out. Another book with this theme is And Then Came You: Sam's Story, its not available on Kindle though, been checking every few months to see whether they've published it on Kindle yet.

@Sec: Don't remember the name of the book, I read it in the mid 90s.

I've read Wait for Me, and it was a good one. Any more recs will be appreciated.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 5:09:59 AM PST
LTR says:
I read a book several years ago that fits this thread and i would love to find out the title, if any of you know it. The H and h have a weekend together then she's gone and the H doesn't know where she is. A year later, he finds out that they have a baby together and has signed an agreement to keep the baby for a year and give it back to the h when she returns. He makes furniture, I believe, and is becoming well known for it. He's a really big guy and is very shy and withdrawn around people. He lives on a mountain, I think, and stays by himself most of the time.

She comes back after a year and he doesn't want to share their child but reluctantly lets the h spend time with the child. Turns out her other child had cancer and was dying; she knew she had to concentrate on the older child's illness and so gave the baby to the H temporarily.

Seems like this might be a Janice Kay Johnson or Kay Stockham book. If one of you doesn't know this title, I'll start my search with them, but I'm hoping one of you know the title. I really enjoyed the book and have wondered about it several times over the years. It definitely fits this thread. Thanks!!

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 6:04:33 AM PST
@athenadsb: please post your recs, many thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:58:13 AM PST
boogenhagen says:
Somebody's Baby (Silhouette Intimate Moments No. 310) by Marilyn Pappano - really good book

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 12:03:10 PM PST
LTR says:
Boogenhagen, I've been reading your posts for a few months now (once I figured out these forums existed) and I've heard about your "boogenator" (did I get that right?) and now it's helped me. Many thanks! And I do highly recommend Somebody's Baby -- I ended up liking both the H and the h, even though at the beginning I wondered how a mother could leave her child. Once I got into the book, I ended up really respecting the h for what she had to go through. She put her children's needs before her own, something I really admire.

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 1:27:23 PM PST
hiker says:
No Escape (Harlequin Presents) she leaves a six month old with the dad... he happens upon her in a diner.... follows her and eventually finds out why she left... i found it sad

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:03:12 PM PST
B. Lim says:
Tomi Abby Green's "The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain" is one of my fave from Abby.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 8:04:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012 8:06:00 PM PST
B. Lim says:
Farida N. Bedwei is available on kindle for $7.99 And Then Came You: Sam's Story (The Marconi Sisters)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012 8:20:37 PM PST
Yesterday's Sins by Shirley Wine. The h's cousin steals her car she got for her birthday and is involved in a hit and run accident that leaves a young boy dead. Everyone, even the h's father and her twin believe she did it. The H (with some help) kidnaps the h to force her to replace the child who died. When the truth comes out, she is already pregnant and the H forces a marriage on her to contain some of the damage he has done. Her father and brother are killed on their way to see her and (I think) it throws her into premature labor. The H's henchman (who now feels guilty for his part in her kidnapping) gives her $25,000 at the hospital to allow her to leave if she wants. She has severe postpartum depression and thinks the money is from the H and that he wants her gone. She leaves and manages to hide from him for 10 years.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 6:33:53 PM PST
Doro says:
bump

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2013 12:28:07 AM PST
And Then Came You: Sam's Story (The Marconi Sisters) Farida . It is available on kindle
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  13
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Dec 27, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 5, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions