Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Petite, slender, small, delicate heroines

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 17, 2012 6:55:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 7, 2013 5:27:13 AM PST
Alexa says:
I'm looking for heroines who don't have sexy curves, but are skinny and fragile, bordering on scrawny.
Their small size often leads to the misconception that they are weak, yet they are not so. Shy and quiet heroines are an added plus

No widows & divorcees please:)

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:11:12 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Your Wicked Ways-not divorced but separated.
Seduce Me at Sunrise-fragile because of illness. This is part of the wonderful Hathaway family series, so I'd highly recommend that you start with Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, Book 1).

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:17:00 AM PST
Tara says:
When Love Awaits by Johanna Lindsey. h is very petite to the point the H thinks she is almost a child.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:17:42 AM PST
If you like paranormal (and haven't read this yet)then I'd suggest Kresley Cole's A Hunger Like No other

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:21:56 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
Awaken Me Darkly -- the heroine is teased that she looks like a petite ballet dancer. Her looks are deceiving and she is far from delicate or ladylike. She pretty much beats up anyone who makes her mad including the hero.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:13:48 AM PST
Alexa says:
Thanks everyone now I got loads to read!

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:39:38 AM PST
Bookseeker says:
The new Linda Chance's book Marco's Redemption the h is very small fragile looking, the H loves that about her :-)

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:11:20 AM PST
CyMac says:
Finding Grace The h is small enough to be mistaken for a teenage boy, and deliberately maintains that image. She's extremely feisty, though, not shy and quiet at all. Great read! :)

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:20:10 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:28:34 AM PST
SAB says:
Any of Hannah Howel's books, all of her h's are all slender, petite, no boobs and have mismatched eyes. My favourite is called Highland Bride Excellent book, but part of a Murray series but can be read as a stand alone.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 9:29:00 AM PST
Lisa says:
I'm glad you pointed out Finding Grace...Thorne is 5ft. tall, weighing around 100 pds with delicate features but curses like a sailor.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:39:53 AM PST
L. Burns says:
Until There Was You (Hqn). The heroine's slight frame is mentioned so many times in this book that I started to picture her like a bony piece of chicken, lol. IIRC, she had some issue with her metabolism that made it difficult for her to maintain her weight. She is not at all fragile though. This was not my favorite Kristan Higgins book, but it was entertaining.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:22:01 PM PST
CMommy says:
Marco's Redemption H has a thing for petite women. Mentioned many times in the beginning how attracted he is to her petite size.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 3:35:18 PM PST
TravelingGal says:
Found by Kimber Chin - small but very feisty heroine. Fun book.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 4:02:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012 4:04:44 PM PST
LTR says:
Debbie Macomber's Morning Comes Softly fits this thread. The H said he wanted a woman with legs but he got Minnie Mouse instead. But as he grows to love her, she gets better and better looking......I really enjoyed this one. It's really tame as far as s** goes but the interaction between the characters is wonderful. I re-read this every few months.

The other book I immediately thought of was Fragile by Shiloh Walker. The h is described as skinny but the H is crazy about her. This is the first book of two -- the second book, Broken (Berkley Sensation) is about the twin brother and is one of my favorite books of all time.

Great thread -- can't wait to see more recs!

ETA: thought I'd mention that Fragile and Broken are not tame at all! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:03:47 PM PST
T214T1987 says:
This is a historical, but Lady of Fire by Anita Mills, the h is described as about 5 feet to 5'2, small, but "perfectly proportioned" ...throughout, there were references of her "small frame".

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 5:55:11 PM PST
I second Hannah Howell, not all have mismatched eyes, but most are small and not generously proportioned. In addition to Highland Bride, try Highland Knight, Highland Lover, and Highland Wedding.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:05:18 PM PST
seems like i just keep recommending this one...Supernatural Bonds: Trace's Psychic she is part fae.

Ruthless Game (Game/Ghostwalker) Samurai Game (Game/Ghostwalker) iirc, both of these have dainty heroines. hmm, pretty sure there is at least one more in the series too. all are paranormals

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:45:06 PM PST
A customer says:
I just downloaded a freebie with a heroine that seems to fit this thread The Unveiling (Age of Faith). Also the h in Mackenzie's Mountain should fit, except for the shyness.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:09:42 PM PST
ej1201 says:
The h in Kept (The Gemini Men) fits this as well.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 10:47:21 PM PST
Alexa says:
bump

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 11:38:26 PM PST
Bling says:
An Improper Proposal by Patricia Cabot - h is described as scrawny and totally clueless in matters of love but man, is she feisty and races off to save her H immediately when he is captured! Fun book :)

Posted on Dec 31, 2012 11:03:08 PM PST
HR says:
'All Jacked Up' by Penny McCall features a petite h--Aubrey Sullivan, a librarian at the Library of Congress. She may be small, but she has a lot of backbone. The H, an FBI agent, has to protect her from a drug lord (through no fault of her own) and she is none too happy about it. He is a man of action and she talks a lot...let the mayhem begin! This is a great book...

Posted on Jan 1, 2013 1:36:55 PM PST
Bump

Posted on Feb 16, 2013 7:20:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2013 7:21:21 AM PST
Alexa says:
The Wild Child - Mary Jo Putney

h is "petite" & "delicately molded like a porcelain doll"
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions