Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Have you judged a book by its cover?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 22, 2014 6:15:31 PM PST
Trekkie says:
Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops Series Book 1)

I thought it must be a shifter book. His head and face are very catlike. It must just be the lighting.

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 10:30:32 AM PST
I do not like real people on a cover. I really don't like people on the cover at all. But I do like hands or an arm or daisies or something else. I want my imagination to paint the faces. I do not want a preconceived idea based on someone else's.

Posted on Nov 21, 2014 7:25:07 PM PST
This is still the scariest thread on the internet!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014 1:07:29 PM PST
Arual says:
My first thought was that she had the pox.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014 12:51:58 PM PST
KC says:
my instinctive thought was "blood spatter!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2014 7:45:47 AM PST
I thought at first her hands were clasped over her mouth.

Posted on Nov 20, 2014 9:42:35 PM PST
Hearts on Fire (A Valentine's Day Short Romance)

Maybe I am just looking at it the wrong way....

Posted on Nov 14, 2014 5:05:34 PM PST
Because of Dylan

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 12:16:55 PM PST
I didn't even read the description. Figured with that cover, it probably had nothing to entice me. I was right. LOL! He's on her stoop and has no idea how he got there. Imagine that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2014 11:28:15 AM PST
KC says:
Thanks, Crystal, I don't know which is worse at enticing me to read the book; the cover or the book description! Definitely a "meh" reaction!

Posted on Nov 10, 2014 7:29:26 AM PST
Honest Love

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2014 9:45:58 AM PDT
KC says:
Hmmm, different...is about the best I can come up with.

Posted on Oct 6, 2014 8:25:52 AM PDT
The Trust Trilogy Complete o_O

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 5:30:17 AM PDT
Searching For Moore (Needing Moore Series Book 1) You know, if you're going to photoshop the black bow tie, you should change both ends... (and if you're going to use stock photography from a series that's suddenly been appearing on everything from hystericals to spy thrillers, you should be aware that someone will recognize that you half-arsed the photoshopping)

Posted on Sep 30, 2014 4:31:14 AM PDT
I'm the one who keeps showing everyone else their paintings. Heheh. They usually point out things that could be done better though. LOL! It's funny - some of the artwork on early Harlequins was beyond crude but it still conveyed skill, even if unfinished. Think this artist doesn't understand color v. well. Makes it look bland and well, like a relative's attempts to follow the directions of "you too can be an artist"

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2014 9:55:58 AM PDT
KC says:
Definitely someone's personal art work. Don't you hate when someone you know keeps showing you their paintings & you have to bite back the comments, not to mention, best poker face!

Posted on Sep 29, 2014 9:51:24 AM PDT
Hello, My Love! (aka: A Modern Love Story) (Between Two Worlds Book 1)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2014 6:05:07 PM PDT
Marilyn says:
I think she's squaring for some unknown reason that I can figure out.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2014 3:58:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2014 4:01:31 PM PDT
Arual says:
Strange cover indeed. And it sounds like the book is faith-based in some form. That doesn't quite fit with the cover theme either.

And I might sound nit-picky, but is the H an Air Force pilot or is he a commercial pilot? He can't be both!

Posted on Sep 25, 2014 3:58:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2014 4:03:31 PM PDT
Rawrr says:
This thread makes me laugh so I thought I'd share some:

Lol: His Forbidden Mate: Bound: (Werebear & Shifter Werewolf BBW Paranormal Romance) Apparently, his forbidden mate is a polar bear? And wtf just look at the bear's face (no wonder it's forbidden). *For some reason, the wrong book ("his bound mate") is showing up but if you go to the authors bio the other one's on there.

This one is actually pretty cool in it's weirdness but it's also describing itself as "hot & steamy" so I don't think it was on purpose: BLAISE: Doppelganger-3000: BBW hot & steamy sci-fi romance

Apparently, no one else is judging these books by their covers: Grim (Tornians Book 1) and Wray (Tornians Book 2)

This book makes me laugh every time I came across it in the library: Under Attack (Underworld Detection Agency) (it's even worse close up).

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2014 3:14:16 PM PDT
KC says:
Wow! I can't stand in those heels,let alone...is that a squat or a crouch? Bit bizarre for a cover! I really don't get the urge to read that one, and the cover has to get my eye for me to read the blurb!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2014 12:54:26 PM PDT
He looks a little skinny to me.

What the... what is she doing exactly?
Turbulent Passion (The Flyboy Trilogy Book 1)

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 1:48:18 PM PDT
KC says:
Hmm, talk about the man-b**bs! I'm not sure this would fit under "hard body"
Score (St. Martin Family Saga: Whiskey Cove) Book 1: Erotic Romance

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2014 11:07:13 AM PDT
KC says:
Gildo??? Did someone just substitute a letter on a word??? And yeah, that cover looks like something out of a "Great Race" movie illustration!

Posted on Aug 22, 2014 11:02:18 AM PDT
Who Was That Lady?: Book One: Gildo I await your comments...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 49 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  106
Total posts:  1216
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2012
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 15 customers

Search Customer Discussions