Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 141 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 8, 2013 4:03:59 PM PDT
SMG says:
Bump

Posted on Mar 3, 2013 10:30:14 AM PST
Bea says:
Glad you ladies liked it :)

I just finished reading Knight (The Unfinished Hero Series) and really liked it. Great price (.99). Fits this thread as well. VERY dominant H. Steamy scenes but nothing obscenely kinky.

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 11:16:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2013 11:17:04 PM PST
Ms. Delilah says:
I read Protecting What's His today too. Really enjoyed it! I liked the possessiveness of the H, good story, funny heroine, and a good stand alone book with a hea! Good price too.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2013 11:13:35 PM PST
NathalieM says:
Hi Bea,
I saw ur rec on this bk on anothr thread & I bought it this mornin based on ur post. I just finished it & love it 2! I also add it 2 anothr thread 'contemp romance w/ virgin heroine'...well worth the price!
Nath

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 9:45:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2013 10:22:39 AM PST
Bea says:
Protecting What's His (Line of Duty) fits this thread. Read it last night. The H is jealous and possessive of the h.

ETC typo

Posted on Mar 2, 2013 4:36:04 AM PST
sinnamon says:
Thank you for info regarding NEW version of Feral Sins.
I've just finished it and it was fabulous.
I know that original birthday present scene would ruin this fantastic read for me so I'm ecstatic that an author decided to change it.
I can't wait for Dante's book and I only hope Mrs Wright won't spoil it with another orgy.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 10:34:57 AM PST
Monique says:
Has anyone mentioned 'Coming Up Roses' by Catherine Anderson yet? I just finished reading it and fits perfectly. The hero likes the heroine from the moment he first sees her and is madly in love with her. It was a great read.
A word of caution though, the heroine was mistreated by her late husband.
Coming Up Roses

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 10:58:27 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I know that they send updates all the time, but I guess I was a bit unclear. Feral Sins was first self-published (Amazon Digital Services), then rereleased by Montlake Romance (purportedly a different publisher, but in reality, still Amazon). For completely different publishing companies, I would not expect an update, but was curious is Amazon was 'pretending' not to have been the publisher on both sides. I'm not saying that I expect they would do an update, but wondering if they would.

Clearly, the answer seems to be no.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 10:51:12 AM PST
Tala says:
I have the old version and there's no update available.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 10:38:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2013 10:40:01 AM PST
KAT says:
@HJ- I purchased a newly released book last week and three days later the author had an updated version. I wrote to Ammy Customer Service re: the issue and they sent me the updated version right away at no cost. I don't know if they would have done this without my asking. Granted it was only a few days after the release of the book when the updated occured, but I think if a customer purchases an ebook and the author updates that version the customer should automatically get the updated version without asking.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2013 9:08:48 AM PST
B.E. Love says:
sinnamon yes thats the new version.

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 2:41:22 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Has anyone discovered if you can just get the new version as an update? FYI, Montlake Romance is an Amazon publishing company...

Posted on Feb 27, 2013 12:13:11 AM PST
sinnamon says:
Is this a new version? I want to make sure before buying.

Feral Sins (Phoenix Pack Book 1)

Thanks in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 8:05:46 PM PST
Angel says:
Oh, so it was just re-released a few days ago. I definitely must have the older version. I guess I'll have to watch for the newer one. Thanks for the info.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2013 7:49:12 PM PST
B.E. Love says:
Angel when did you buy it the new one was released 2-19-13 and is published by Montlake Romance. The original will still have the same cover but the publisher and date will be different.

Posted on Feb 25, 2013 7:41:54 PM PST
Angel says:
Re: Feral Sins - How can you tell if you have the old version or new version. I definitely don't want to read the one with menage in it. I want my H/h to only be with each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2013 1:08:44 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
$15! Yikes!

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 12:55:25 PM PST
Seofin says:
I have problems with author behaving like J.S. Scott. Writing three short stories and at the end one has to pay over 15 dollars for one book!! She's not the only one so this is not some attack against her but we as consumers must stop this kind of nonsense. Honestly!!

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 12:41:40 PM PST
Mine For Tonight by JS Scott fits this thread. I liked it because the H came off as vulnerable and masculine at the same time. I also like h's that are nice and caring. It comes as a trilogy though and the books are super short.

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 6:41:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2013 6:46:11 AM PST
Kim says:
Love this thread! Sometimes I just don't want to start a long series or read a book that has a cliffhanger.

Some that I enjoyed that have already been recommended:
Flat out Love
Incidental Happenstance
On the Island
On Dublin Street (was a good standalone even though there is a second one coming)
The Edge of Never
Just the Sexiest Man Alive

Not sure if these have been recommended yet:
(I think no cheating, all are at least "madly in love", but not sure about the possessive part in relation to thread topic... someone please correct me if I'm off on one since its been a while)
Losing It
Hopeless (one of my top 10 fav books)
Easy (another favorite)
Seducing Cinderella
Strangers

Posted on Feb 23, 2013 12:17:39 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 25, 2013 4:18:29 AM PST]

Posted on Feb 22, 2013 2:37:56 PM PST
B.E. Love says:
thanks bigsigh82 for all the info. I really appreciate it

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 1:57:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013 2:00:41 PM PST
bigsigh82 says:
B.E. Love: re: Feral Sins: Spoilers!!! As I said, I was a little confused about their temporary mating, too. I thought when wolves mated, they mated for life. However, per the book, these two thought their "true mates" were deceased. (the H's died less than 1 yr of age, probably SIDS, the h's around 9 yrs of age in a car crash), so they thought they could never permanently mate as "true mates". They would "mate" on a physical level to save the h from an arranged marriage, and the H could get the advantage of another pack alliance. However, they were both attracted to each other from the start. The h kept feeling guilty because she truly believed that the deceased Joey had been her true mate, and never expected to actually mate with someone other than a surface type mating anyway. Her dad (the Alpha of her pack) was forcing her to mate with an Alpha of another pack, and she could not stand him.

The H (Alpha of the Phoenix pack) is needing other pack alliances in the event that his Uncle attacks his pack to gain control. He was 14 when his "true mate" Summer died. However, he soon reevaluates the idea that he nor his wolf did not seem recognize Summer as his true mate. He eventually concludes it was due to other adults telling him that Summer was his true mate because of how she would be calmed when he held her. He is attracted to the h from the moment he meets her, and soon realizes that he cannot live without her (after pushing her away due to being afraid of how attached he was getting to her). However, it doesn't stop him from being very possessive, giving her a bodyguard, growling at other men looking at her, and him telling other men to back off. (The h does a little of this herself with other females!)

I enjoyed the book. Obviously, I love a possessive Alpha male, no cheating, and a HEA, and this book does that.

Edited to add: They both do realize that their childhood friends were not their True Mates as they had thought, because the closer they get to each other, the more the mating bond ties them together.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 1:27:20 PM PST
B.E. Love says:
thanks ambrosia

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2013 1:24:49 PM PST
ambrosia says:
@B.E.Love: That's how it starts, but IIRC

*****SPOILERS*****

They both realize later that their earlier partners weren't their "true mates."

It's been a while since I've read it. With the change in the new version (that I've heard about), I would recommend this book as fitting this thread.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  141
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  May 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions