Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2015 7:22:13 PM PDT
Chele says:
Thanks Michelle. I'm Michele too :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2015 7:07:34 PM PDT
michelle says:
spoiler alert!!!!

it may have been a brief relationship but on that particular night she planned to use him for the purpose of getting pregnant...didn't want him to know/kept it from him

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 26, 2015 6:52:40 PM PDT
Chele says:
Could you tell me if the H had a relationship with the h's sister or was it a ONS?

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 6:28:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 26, 2015 6:29:28 PM PDT
Dabrat says:
I reread this book recently and enjoyed it. I liked how his mother acted when she saw the little boy. Also liked how Scarlet defended Roman to his father.
Scarlet loved her sister but not her actions.

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 6:13:20 PM PDT
Keefnersa says:
I think the book is The Italian's Secret Baby (Expecting!)

Scarlet Smith has kept millionaire Roman O'Hagan's child hidden from him-- and now the arrogant Italian is determined to discover why a woman he's never slept with is claiming to have his son! Can she keep the truth behind the baby's birth a secret?Not when Roman wants to take his revenge...by sharing Scarlet's bed!

Posted on Jun 26, 2015 4:32:03 PM PDT
michelle says:
I'm wondering if you can help me! I'm looking for an HP where the heroine adopts her sister's baby but doesn't know the father is. He finds out about his son when his mother makes an appearance to the school the heroine teaches at and faints when she sees the little boy because he looks just like his father. It's making me crazy!!! Help!!

Posted on Jun 25, 2015 9:19:19 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Just bought and read the comic version of Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife.

It was a complete miss compared to the book.

It wasn't bad as a stand alone..in a boring sort of way.

So I'm going to super spoil both in a bit of a rant here.

SPOILERS

But there was no side comments from the hero about how stupid the heroine was, no mentions of she should go be a massage therapist etc.

When the heroine found out she was pregnant, there was no angsting from the hero about how his LIFE WAS OVER because he was going to have to marry this stupid girl and she just didn't fit in with his world blah blah blah.

Also the mother offered her money to get rid of the baby, but the heroine never told the hero, and it was just suddenly mother tells him that instead of him hunting her down and then excusing everything.

I did like that the party was still there, complete with how the hero completely humiliated her, but I don't think it went into as much about he just thought she wouldn't "get it" so what he did was no big deal. I also don't remember him in the real book thinking that they were dressed more conservatively than he expected. I was pretty sure he expected it to be just like it was, and he did dress her up so that his family knew exactly what kind of woman he wanted. Why would he go for good girl when he had this type?

That being said, the "surprise, I'm actually smarter than you I just don't look down on people because they don't get the same things as me" ending was kinda like...oh, by the way.

I think it's time I read the real book again.

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 6:25:24 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
I have a few CW books that I like a lot. Not really books that I re-read all the time but do occasionally pick them up again.

I finished this one that thought it was just okay.

There was no high drama, none, at all. Literally four pages left and there's been no progress good or bad since the very start. And I feel like she really missed the mark with potential for the age/personality differences that could have MADE this book for me.

She hinted around at it, but then it petered out to nothing.

I did have one moment where the heroine supposedly had a trust of money for buying herself a place that was mentioned once and never again. Also, she refused to accept help from her parents when she found out she was pregnant, even though they're rich. BUT she has no problems accepting a house and a car from the hero even though at that point their relationship was null and void and only a baby was linking them together. Because she's independent. Yeah.

But all in all it wasn't bad, it just wasn't that good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 22, 2015 4:41:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 22, 2015 4:42:43 PM PDT
FangFan says:
Cathy Williams is sort of hit or miss with me. She's written some books that I've really enjoyed and others that I've barely been able to finish and have forgotten almost as soon as I've put them down. I picked this one up at the store a few days ago but, after reading the first couple of pages, decided my book budget money might be better spent elsewhere. Looks like I made the right decision. I was hoping I was wrong about this book, because when CW is good, she's very, very good, and I was really hoping she would provide me with a juicy new HP read this month.

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 1:58:40 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Started reading Bound by the Billionaire's Baby (Mills & Boon Modern) (One Night With Consequences - Book 10) by CW. I'd be lying if I said I liked it. I'm only on page 54 and really the heroine is annoying the heck out of me.

I think this is going the way of Greek Tycoon, Waitress Wife where it's hinted at ish, but we find out later the heroine is from some high society family whatever.

Anyway, so far, heroine goes on a blind date...sort of blind date from an online dating site. She gets there and the guy is older, balder, and is wearing mustard colored outfit. She sizes him up as being the type that would make them go dutch, or expect her to pay. And just basically had a whole bunch of negativity, so she looks around and finds a hot guy sitting by himself in the corner and goes to sit with him until her blind date leaves because she doesn't want to sit through another boring first date.

So the hero is upset that some girl is crashing his alone time and wants her thrown out, he thinks she's after him first to get him to donate to something and second because he's got money. But it's been two months since he ditched his last girlfriend so he's sort of hot for her too.

Enter a completely ditzy heroine conversation where she switches topics every other sentence, because she "genuinely forgot about what she was talking about". Okay, that line was only used when she explained that she was online dating to find a suitable guy because a wedding was coming up, and then forgot about the wedding completely.

The hero dates sophisticated career women and the heroine is like, oh, THOSE types. Or maybe that was just my thoughts because I was annoyed with her to begin with. And the hero is all wondering what he sees in "those" types also. Also, please note, the guy she went there to meet immediately hooks up with another woman and leaves and she's pissed that he didn't even wait for her to show up before blowing her off *after she showed up and was hiding in the corner waiting for him to leave". Oh, and she has a reservation at this high priced restaurant, but in the time it took her to sit down with the hero and then say my table is over...it's already gone because apparently the fact that one party had already shown up and it'd been five minutes was enough to lose your spot to walk in guests. I don't even think it was five minutes.

Anyway, the heroine is low pay artist and all her friends are stereotypical slummy people if you were talking to Greg's parents from Dharma and Greg. Maybe what is annoying me is it's setting up to the premise that guy is good career minded bread winner and the girl must be the good little stay at home wife who does for him and maybe dabbles in hobbies to keep her interest up.

Okay..

Anyway, so after she sticks with him and he thinks she's a gold digger but decides to sex her up anyway, she decides it's a-okay to hop in a car with him and go back to his place, then she changes her mind saying she didn't do one-night stands or some such...at this point I was annoyed and bored with both of them. So she leaves and weeks later the hero is taking 100+ roses to her house because he couldn't stop thinking about her.

And this ONE part, that it going to make me read this book to the end even if it kills me was so funny I just had to come and share it.

Hero shows up, heroine is pretending to be less than thrilled and the hero throws out this comment

"I've come bearing flowers"

I actually did laugh out loud at that because it was just too funny.

I'm hoping that it's just the awkward start of the book and it picks up from here on out. If it keeps me laughing, I'll be very happy, not getting my hopes up too high though.

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 7:34:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 21, 2015 8:22:57 PM PDT
hiker says:
Catalan Christmas gave this one 1.5 stars... thought it would be a Christmas story not so much..... no drama really.... a very slow mild romance...

edited to add... I must have read this in the past ... my memory is aweful.. gave it 3 stars. on goodreads.. forgot to check the year I read it before.... not a three star book....jmo... I must have been in an optimistic mood at that point in life..lol...

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 10:43:23 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Who are you going to believe?? Me or what you've seen with your own eyes?!

Maybe you should have read it with Nelly's It Wasn't Me playing on repeat?

It was sounding evilly rubberneckingly good until the tragic ending.

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 10:13:48 AM PDT
hiker says:
A Devious Desire gave this one 2 stars.(I maybe still in a funk) the story is about a h who was raised from 8 in a orphanage her best friend saves her from rape at 13... eve dies and the h blames the hero....

she goes to work for his mom as a companion... his mom wants him to marry an have kids.... they family takes a week cruise every year on the family yacht... he always brings a woman according to his mom... anyways .. before the family gets there he has pulled his mom and h off a cruise ship... lots of smexual tension between the two...

I won't go into the whole thing but they marry.... there is an ow that gives the h a warning at the wedding of course..... the h finds out that the hero didn't cause her friends death... she feels bad .. tells him she loves him.... she is stuck on the island.... decides to go see him and stay with him in Athens..... goes to his office to get the apartment key etc.... PA tries to talk her out of going to the apartment.... she shops then goes to the apartment... the ow walks in like she lives there.... she then shows the h that she does... showing her clothes and the heros in the closet..... the h goes to the PA to get help leaving..... she has walked in the rain... he gives her a robe and shows her the bathroom.... walks out the hero is there... fires the PA takes the h back to the island... eventually leaves her there again alone.... she packs goes to tavern to get someone to take her to main land.... hero catches her....

they end up back on yacht... he basically says his mom is a drama queen liar when she said that about his bringing the current woman on the family cruise.... the h saw the ow leaving the heros room in the am.... then he basically says who are you going to believe me or your lying eyes... the ow was only borrowing the apartment.... of course he had extra clothing in his apartment... he was staying at a hotel.... etc..... I did not believe him... .but the h was totally down with the magic pen... so she bought it.. jmo..

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 11:52:02 AM PDT
KatieV says:
I agree, these forums are much simpler to navigate than Goodreads. If you want to look up an old thread there, you have to know which group it was in and what folder within that group, etc. And seton is right that it takes a good year to get your friends list filled out and to find enough interesting groups so that your feed is meaningful. At first I detested it, but I've adjusted.

IMO these forums will be around until they die out due to lack of new members/frustrated members. Which reminds me, I'm going to put a link to the romance forum in my GR status so that some mbrs that may be lost can find their way back here :)

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 10:55:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2015 10:55:55 AM PDT
Michigangirl says:
I'm so bad, I have the Goodreads app on my phone and I think I hate it. Or it hates me. It always has notifications..ALWAYS. I can't make it go away. And trying to go through the forum on the group to get to the end is terrible. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it just hates me.

Plus I've been horrible at keeping up to date on my reading. In my defense, I've been doing a terrible job at reading lately too.

That being said, Seton's group is really the only one I hang out in when I'm on there.

I will still be sad to see these forums go though. If only because sometimes I go through older posts and find good stuff, get drawn back into old arguments and I absolutely love when someone inevitably asks what HP stands for.

=D

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2015 5:55:05 AM PDT
Melanie says:
I get most of my HP suggestions from Seton's GR group!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2015 8:54:39 PM PDT
seton says:
Keefnersa and others -

The key to GR is not the forums there but to set up your feed. It takes time but it's worth it. And you cant force it either. It took me about a year to set up a friends list that is large enough and have similiar tastes and interests to get the most out of it.

If you dont have a lot of GR Friends, you can always follow the more busier Hqn reviewers and comment on their reviews.

In the Harlots forum, quite a few members have copy-catted each other's reads as we report on our reads.

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 8:37:23 PM PDT
Keefnersa says:
For me... I find that good reads is sometimes hard to navigate. All I did was click on the Amazon Romance Forum and I was able to find all the discussions talking about romance books. I have tried and tried with goodreads, but half the time I get on there and you can not be part of the discussions because you need to be either invited or let into the discussion group. I also think the discussions group do not frequent as much cause some of the discussions groups I am in weeks could go by before some one comments.

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 8:02:48 PM PDT
Rita says:
katieV; that is really depressing. i like it right here so i can pick up a book that gets discussed right away. i feel like i am whining but i don't wanna go to goodreads!

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 6:27:03 AM PDT
KatieV says:
I'm sure they realize they make sales in forums like this, but suppose they are balancing it against the cost of maintaining all the forums. I don't see them doing away with the forums all at once. Personally I think their evil plan is to make the forum harder to find, so that we get no new posters (and even some active posters may assume the forums are gone since the old paths no longer get them here). Eventually it will die down to the point that we'll be forced to go to Goodreads if we want active discussions. Then Amazon will close the forums since there is "no interest" (read: not their fault).

Just my 2 cents based on working for a software company and hearing similar discussions on 'how to slowly phase out products/features that don't make $ yet have a loyal customer base'.

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 8:20:56 PM PDT
Rita says:
i wish they would realize how many books i one click because of these forums.

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 11:46:05 AM PDT
Steph says:
I read a book several years ago, about a young lady who overhears a conversation and thinks she is dying. she convinces a man to marry her and travel with her until she dies. Well it turns out it was her horse who was sick and heroine and hero live happily ever after. Please help!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2015 4:25:13 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
KatieV,

If you find it can you lead the way? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2015 2:25:12 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 15, 2015 2:27:59 PM PDT
KatieV says:
Really?! Cool, I love that sort. Must do a search.

NM: obviously it's Monday. How could I forget that I never like Sharon Kendrick books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2015 2:21:21 PM PDT
hiker says:
that book has a very spirited debate on it.. somewhere on this forum...lol...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 399 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Active discussions in related forums  

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  239
Total posts:  9953
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  3 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 58 customers

Search Customer Discussions