Best Books of the Month Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage UnchartedBundle Shop Now Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Spoilt by Kristen Ashley novels .... need recommendations!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 83 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:41:52 PM PST
Love Junkie says:
@Neeta...thanks for the recs..will give the first one a try...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:14:14 AM PST
wondercat says:
Neeta, I love love love all 3 of the Stepp Sisters books. They're definite re-reads for me.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:24:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:30:45 PM PST
Neeta says:
I reread the Kathy Love Stepp Sisters trilogy yesterday and noticed a few similarities to our beloved KA...
1) They were reunion romances in a way - being that they all knew each other in high school... in two, the heroines had crushes on the heroes in school, in the other the hero was the heroine's meanest bully.
2) There's quite a few levels of angst to get through - for all three sisters, high school was torturous and they were all bullied in different ways since one sister was a genius, another a chunky girl and the other freakishly tall. Which all has impacted and still is affecting their current personalities some 10 years later.
3) The guys all have assorted baggage to deal with - one is so severely dyslexic he's practically illiterate, one's an alcoholic after a bitter divorce who won't admit he has a problem and the other (the utter asshat) has had a radical personality change after a near-death experience as a result of a vicious assault.
4) There's also the effects of a horrible ex-wife and a couple of semi-psycho ex-girlfriends thrown into the mix.
5) The heroes are all rather alpha even tough they've a mix of occupations - a construction company owner, the town mayor and the chief of police.

They are damn good reads though. So I think you, my fellow KA fans, will find them well worth a read.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:03:32 PM PST
smess NZ says:
I hated Sweet Dreams yet loved Lady Luck ;) Funny how we all have such different preferences

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 7:05:00 PM PST
@ Shasta,
I'm right there with you. It took me forever to start that series but then I blew through them

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 12:06:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2012 12:16:58 PM PST
Trekkie says:
I agree Shasta. By the title, I thought "Rock Chicks" was about a rock band. :D (not my cup of tea) I put off reading them until the very last. But I liked them. Some more than others.
I didn't care for Creed either. He wasn't up to KA's standard of H. (IMO)... Knight I didn't read because I didn't like him in Creed.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 12:00:15 PM PST
Shasta says:
I have been on a Kristen Ashley marathon and for some reason avoided the Rock Chick series. I just finished the first in the series (Rock Chick) and loved it. It's more light hearted then the other series but very good. I can't wait to read the rest of the series because I heard they even get better! The only books that I didn't like of KA so far are Knight and Creed. They just weren't my cup of tea.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 11:56:46 AM PST
Trekkie says:
Me too. It is one of my favorites. Love h's song for H.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 11:13:05 AM PST
willis9301 says:
I liked Breathe

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 8:35:46 AM PST
SAB says: I finally finished Lady Luck over the past weekend and I've got to say that I enjoyed Sweet Dreams much more. It's not that I didn't like Ty, I just loved Tate that much more. I really did like Lexi but I felt kind of bored with this story a bit. All the conversations between Ty, Tate, Pena.....too long, too descriptive and I was flipping pages like crazy.

You were kidding when you said that Ty liked the "p" word....oh my did he use it a lot. It didn't bother me that much, but KA could have toned it down a bit. I really enjoyed the characters from Sweet Dreams and the causual mention of Nina and Max. They weren't kidding when they said they wanted four kids and four kids is what they got.

So I'm planning on starting Breathe, is it any good? I'm not so sure I like Chace all that much but maybe I will in his own story.

Posted on Dec 8, 2012 6:41:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 8, 2012 6:41:51 PM PST
Trekkie says:
I am half-way through GotH again. Unless the rest of the book gets alot worse the language is not as bad as some of the motorcycle books.
There are some 2nd string players in GotH who are in Texas (Rivera and Jarra) that appear to have had an earlier story. Is there a book that I missed?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 10:02:14 PM PST
T. Smith says:
I will have to check out again too, but it certainly didn't annoy me and cause me to take notice like it did in Wild Man.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 7:35:26 PM PST
Trekkie says:
Truthfully, I don't remember much about "Games of the Heart". Did he use it in front of the kids? Most of KA's heros use course langauge most of the time.
I will have to read GotH again.

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:05:48 PM PST
Seofin says:
And it didn't bother you in Games of the Heart? Has any KA hero used f*** as much as Mike?

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 5:03:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 5:04:49 PM PST
Trekkie says:
My husband was a cop. They have a VERY colorful vocabulary. I thought I was learning a whole new language.
but ANY father should know better. : (
JMO of course

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 4:21:36 PM PST
T. Smith says:
The only time the F word bothered me in a KA book was Wild Man. The reason it bothered me was, this guy was a cop. I know he had been undercover, but he was still a cop. And a father. And if he said 10 sentences in that book that didn't include the F word, I would be surprised. I think he said it more then Ty did. Now Ty had other things he said that edged into my comfort zone, but the F word wasn't one of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 7, 2012 10:04:01 AM PST
Jean says:
No, she does not. :)

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 8:29:28 AM PST
SAB says: doesn't bother me at all. I think that all the men from this series love that word. I just started Lady Luck and so far Ty's been a one word man. They just got married. A spoiler if you wouldn't mind.............does she put out on her wedding night? Not sure when I'm going to be able to pick it back up, I'm at work right now!!!

Many thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 2:59:12 PM PST
Jean says:
Well, all I can say is it's a good thing that particular word doesn't bother you...I think it's one of Ty's favorites. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 1:27:29 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Tate really is my favorite hero of the series, but Ty from the next book is pretty awesome, too. But I DO like Max. Well, he!!, I like almost ALL of KA's heroes. ;)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 1:09:37 PM PST
SAB says:
@Jean...LOL....nasty language is just fine with me. I'm not a prude and it doesn't turn me off at all. Well, I don't care for it when it's abused or used when it shouldn't be, but KA uses it a lot, but she uses it appropriately. Like especially in the bedroom.

I loved the scene in Sweet Dreams when Tate was telling Lauren about when he was playing ball....about all the "high class sorority pussy* he was getting. I laughed out loud because I enjoyed his bluntness and the use of that word did not bother me at all, but I could see how it might for others.

I'm really going to enjoy KA's stories!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012 12:30:25 PM PST
Jean says:
I am kind of jealous that you get to read Lady Luck for the first time! I think you said something about language earlier, so be forewarned - Ty has got quite a mouth on him. And I love him! :)

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 11:54:24 AM PST
SAB says:
So I finished reading Sweet Dreams and I LOVED it. I think that I liked it more then The Gamble. I definitely liked the heroine more, Lauren was much better then Nina. But it's a toss up between Tate and Max....both of them hot, both of them know how to please a woman in bed and both of them know how to take care of their woman. I can't wait to start the next in the series!!!

I'm use to KA's over obessessive need to describe rooms and whatnot, so I skim, skim and skim.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 7:21:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 6, 2012 1:44:48 PM PST
Trekkie says:
I just read Fatal Heat: A Navy SEAL Novella by Lisa Marie Rice.
I enjoyed it very much. Wish it was longer but then I probably couldn't afford it.
It is about a wounded Navy Seal who is recovering from war injuries, finding a new love and recusing her from the bad guys.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 12:17:38 PM PST
Jean says:
I did notice that they all have their food "thing" - loved it when Colt and Joe practically got in an argument over whether Feb's fritatta was better than Vi's "seafood sh*t". LOL
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 21 days ago
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
144 1 day ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 8683 3 minutes ago
Hilarious mistakes in (mostly self-published) books 8884 3 minutes ago
Train Recs: highly recommended but you wallbanged 8 20 minutes ago
Husband is having a "midlife crisis" and leaves wife 773 26 minutes ago
Looking for title of historical romance with Asian heroine 3 30 minutes ago
h is suffering trauma/PTDS H is alpha and protective bad boy 12 52 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 7111 53 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 6076 1 hour ago
HP Discussion thread number 2 307 2 hours ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 8134 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  83
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions