Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2015 4:19:59 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
yes, she ended up with new guy H.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2015 3:07:13 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
boogenhagen,

Thank you so much, I'll have to read this now, should say I am looking forward to reading this now.

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:48:01 PM PDT
So she did end up with the H and not the hind quarters ex?

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2015 12:45:40 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Nope, the H is new guy she meets.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2015 11:24:47 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
boogenhagen,

Is the H the boyfriend that cheated on her for years?

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:06:13 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
It's Not Me, It's You by Mhairi McFarlane - h proposes to long term boyfriend only to find out he has been cheating on her for years. She moves, gets a life and then cheater comes back but she has a new man but she is indecisive about who she should be with.

I liked this one with reservations, mainly the h was a bit wishy washy for me and I wanted to smack her for being stupid. Mainly though I think MF had the h stupidity in at the end so she could have the H write this great love letter, so stupidity as a plot device was okay cause the love letter was very good and thus forgivable IMO.

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:42:53 AM PDT
seton says:
Twisted Summer by Lucy V Morgan

18 yr old lesbian cheats on her GF with her 29 yr old step uncle. I believe that she ends up with the step uncle but I havent read it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2015 7:19:47 AM PDT
MagicRose99 says:
Thank you! You ladies on this thread are wonderful! I've been lurking for months. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2015 5:37:49 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
River Lady (James River Book 1)

In a chance encounter on Virginia's riverfront, Leah, a beautiful waif, unwittingly captured the one man she had always loved!

Handsome, well-born Wesley, in an unexpected twist of fate, becomes Leah's reluctant husband. Determined to forge a new life in untamed Kentucky, Wesley discovers that the bride he hopes to abandon is passionate, proud and brave -- and may be the woman he cannot live without!

Posted on May 25, 2015 5:21:04 AM PDT
MagicRose99 says:
I'm trying to remember a book discussed on this thread or the worst betrayal threads. It's a historical romance and I think it's part of a series because I remember there may have been 2 books before this one. It's about a woman who lives with an overzealous religious father and has a huge crush on a man who comes from a wealthy family. One night she accidentally runs into him when he's drunk and he mistakes her for a hooker and they have sex. Months pass and at his wedding, the woman's father drags her in and tells the guy that he has to marry her because she is pregnant. She is left there and 2 woman help here clean up. H leaves for a couple of years? These 2 woman have their own books and one of them is the man's sister-in-law. I don't remember much after this, except that the woman may have lost the baby and the woman and the man travel west to start a new life and end up falling in love.

The H's ex-fiance travels with them and so does ex's brother. The brother drowns and the H realizes what a waste of space his ex is and falls in love with the h.

Posted on May 24, 2015 12:44:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2015 12:45:45 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
I Belong to Him for .99 cent but need series editing.

I belong to him, but I'm married to another

Addison Walker and her husband of 15 years have three beautiful daughters.
Along with her best friend she owns a book/coffee shop.
You'd think he has it all. She doesn't. She is in a loveless marriage,
and craves to be loved and desired.

Brandon Donavon is tall, handsome and loving. His ex-wife up and left him,
making him a single father.

After meeting, Addison and Brandon have an undeniable chemistry.
Things are looking better in Addison's life, until the accident.

Who will be by Addison's side
when she feels her life will never be the same?

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2015 10:36:21 AM PDT
That's exactly what I was thinking. I had a raised eyebrows moment when I got to 'fun'. I could not for the life of me imagine how anything in that situation could be "fun".

Posted on May 24, 2015 9:51:47 AM PDT
B. Lim says:
The Magnolia Affair

Audrey Kingston has the perfect life she always wanted. An adoring husband, a beautiful house, book club nights with friends. It was idyllic. It was serene. Until Paxton Tanner, candidate for the state senate, moved in next door.

Seduced by his undeniable charm, Audrey's life becomes unrecognizable as she gives in to her impulses.

The affair becomes deadly, and she gets tossed into a political scandal that leads all the way to the governor's office.

When love becomes lethal, there's only one way out.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2015 7:20:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2015 7:25:42 AM PDT
Yo says:
So this author writes a book about a woman who was sold into sexual slavery as a young girl and is a courtesan as a young woman ( bet it's not her first career choice) and is now going to have a 'fun' romance with a married man. And the author promotes this as a fun romance book. I haven't read this book but when did we fall so low. WOW

Posted on May 23, 2015 10:11:11 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
An Incomparable Love

When a young aristocrat, on the eve of his wedding, witnesses a girl being sold to the highest bidder, little does he know that years later the woman will steal his heart.

Marianne Waters is a young girl forced into becoming the plaything of wealthy men. She is resigned to this life until one day she falls in love. Could she dare to hope for more?

Annabelle Valmont is a cruel, bitter woman who has an unjustified hatred for a beautiful courtesan.
When this grudge becomes personal, Annabelle vows to do anything she has to in order to get rid of the woman who threatens her position.
Find out what happens next in this fun Georgian Romance.

Contains some sensual scenes.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2015 9:47:37 AM PDT
Cat says:
Lillian Rose,

Thanks for the offer of Hazmat. Guess I have to follow the H's footstep and go on with my life. In fact I have moved on to read the very steamy romance Cat's Lair (Leopard series Book 7).

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2015 8:44:56 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
Cat,

This is a true Wallbanger. I just can't believe how selfish these people are. I really hope that this is not classified as a romance, cause there is nothing romantic about this book. I think we need to get the Hazmat Team out to get rid of it for you and disinfect you home. You might have to undergo some therapy to try and put it behind you.

Okay I am going to reread the rant at the OW from the h from Mid Life Love At Last. That should make me feel better, and I only read the spoilers. Sorry Cat, don't know what I can do to help, apart from suggesting Hazmat maybe something yummy????

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2015 8:24:46 AM PDT
Cat says:
Lillian Rose,

There are 2 good things I can say about this book: it is short and on KU.

More Ranting Spoilers:

The writer tries to portray these characters as nice people but their twisted morals show thru time and again.

In one scene, the ow confronted the wife about her hostile attitude. By then the ow was staying in the couple's garage apartment waiting for the birth of the baby. The ow said to the wife," Maybe you don't have to be so insecure if you try to be like other women and be more excited and happier about the surrogate mother's baby." The wife came back,"Other women don't have to be worried about their husbands sleeping with the surrogate mothers!" The ow went on to say," Will you just get over it! It happened ages ago." Haha, how did this woman get over it when the so called surrogate mother was staying with them with a protruding belly reminding her every day her husband had been unfaithful.

In another scene, the ow was released from the hospital after giving birth. The wife was waiting with the baby in the car while the husband went to see the ow off in her car. It had been agreed that the couple would keep the baby and the ow would be out of their life. You would think the writer would use this chance to redeem the H a little bit. But no! The H told the ow he was in love with her. He didn't approach her while she was staying in their house out of respect(me smirking here) for the wife. But now that the ow was moving out of their garage apartment, he wanted to go on "seeing" her. The ow asked him to leave her alone. In the next few months, the H still tried to contact her, but she avoided him. Then the wife's cancer came back, before she died, she gave the H and ow her blessing. And voila, they got their HEA.

The wife's mother was very upset at first but later accepted it. At the wedding, the H had the balls to say,"I still love Anna(the wife), but she is gone. Shannon (ow) and I have to go on with our lives." It was a lol moment for me. This guy had obviously moved on ages ago, even when the wife's cancer was in remission. He had totally fallen in love with another woman and had never thought of giving her up.

End of ranting!

This book is a big sad joke!

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:52:43 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
All I can say is - WTF

I hope someone is writing a review on this one, please.

Posted on May 23, 2015 6:36:38 AM PDT
Cat says:
Remember the book we talked about a while ago about a man when had an affair with 18 year old nanny when the wife was busy with her career? I thought that H was low, but the one in Nine months to Life is way worse!

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2015 6:20:15 AM PDT
book lover says:
I just peeked at the ending. The wife dies and Brian and Shannon get married and Anna's mother is at the wedding telling them how happy she is for them.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2015 6:15:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 23, 2015 6:17:12 AM PDT
Cat says:
FollyB,

Spoilers:

You are so right! The H is scum. The whole book makes me sick. I can understand a little bit better if the wife wanted to go along with the surrogate baby thing. But it was the husband who insisted on such a thing when the wife was suffering from cancer.You would think he would be more concerned about the wife's health than a baby at these moment. Instead he used the baby as an excuse to pursue a woman he was attracted to. Surrogate mother my ax, he just wanted the ow.

In the end, of course the wife died. Before that, she asked to ow to take care of her family. I don't rec this book at all. The writing was flat and amateur. The strange thing is all the characters in this book are selfish and self-serving, but you get the feeling the writer was trying to portray them as good peope(and failed miserably). The H used the baby thing as an excuse to pursue the ow. The ow didn't care the H was married and still slept with him. The wife was more of a victim, but she was so desperate to have the baby and keep the husband that she became a doormat.

In reply to an earlier post on May 23, 2015 6:05:21 AM PDT
molly o says:
I would say you are right FollyB hope someone can spoil...

Posted on May 23, 2015 3:47:31 AM PDT
FollyB says:
My guess is wife ends up dying and forgives them and gives her blessing that they be family..vomit.

Posted on May 23, 2015 3:43:36 AM PDT
B.Lim -- wow! This one sounds like a massive train wreck. I read the one star review; the H was attracted to and dating the OW when she got pregnant. Not sure the h wanted anything to do with the OW or her baby. Has anyone read it? Does the h conveniently die from cancer leaving the H and OW to live HEA?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 325 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  286
Total posts:  8110
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2010
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 81 customers

Search Customer Discussions