Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fan Fic Fight Club - Season Two

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 7010 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2014 9:06:39 PM PDT
Carrie says:
I cheated and skipped ahead and she brings it together awesomely.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 8:58:55 PM PDT
Anais says:
I agree about Edwards POV - it is sparse. Bella's voice was very clear and descriptive in her chapters. I have a few chapters left. Still the story is compeling and sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2014 8:56:02 PM PDT
Carrie says:
Chapter 67, it's not really a re-telling... the author uses the word "mirror" to give us EPOV. It's more flashes of the chapters, very bare of detail. It's a bit disorienting. They get a bit longer and fleshed out as you go.

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 8:36:04 PM PDT
curlygirl04 says:
I'm at Chapter 58 of My Ex-con and really liking it! I love the way she writes the characters and little Charlies' feelings and emotions seem very believable. So far, all in BPOV.

Carrie- at what point does EPOV take over? Is he retelling the story or just taking over?

Posted on Jul 7, 2014 8:31:48 PM PDT
Suki says:
Anyone know how to convert wattpad stories into downloadable mobi format?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2014 8:05:33 PM PDT
Carrie says:
You are welcome! I've just switched over to EPOV and I'm finding the chapters a little too sparse to really connect. I know we are supposed to already "know" what happened but still, very bare bones IMO.

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 9:49:32 PM PDT
Anais says:
I am loving My Ex Con. I'm still in the first 1/3 of the story. The way she writes Charlie, ex con Edward and Bull the dog - it is too good. Bella's point of view is sweet, moving, sad and so funny at times. I always enjoy Counselor's stories. Thanks for the rec Carrie!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2014 8:57:20 PM PDT
Carrie says:
Curly let me know what you think! I'm on chapter 68 I think, it's pretty angst free but the author has kept me very interested despite. Drabble chapters.

It's been awhile since I found a new Fic that dropped me into the reading rabbit holle!

Posted on Jul 6, 2014 8:25:42 PM PDT
curlygirl04 says:
Thanks for the rec, Carrie. I've read two by counselor and thought they were good. I'm gonna give this a go :)

Posted on Jul 5, 2014 8:56:12 PM PDT
Carrie says:
Has anyone read My Ex-Con by counselor? I've fallen into it hard tonight... was just cruising around seeing what was happening on some different Fic sites and bam! I'm 20 chapters into this 108 Chapter Fic. Hope it stays good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2014 1:35:23 PM PDT
Lisa says:
Saewod kept the same title.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2014 12:58:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 29, 2014 1:03:12 PM PDT
I know Sadie Grubor was a fic writer, can't remember what this fic was though. She wrote fic as saewood. It looks like it's actually been pubbed twice under different author names.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13432225-live-in-position?from_search=true
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22371852-live-in-position?from_search=true

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 12:53:17 PM PDT
Steff says:
I am reading Live In Position and I was wondering if it was originally a twific ? It just seems to similar.

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 6:30:38 AM PDT
bklvr says:
I use StoryMaster for FFN stories. I don't read anywhere else so I don't know about that. But just in case anyone is looking for one for FFN. I tried Calibre and didn't like it.

Posted on Jun 29, 2014 6:28:20 AM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
I'll give the caliber ffdownloader another try. I've tried it once and it didn't seem to work. Thanks everyone.

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 7:24:21 PM PDT
So long as you have the fanfiction downloader plug in installed.

Does Flag still work? I know ff.net was blocking it for awhile, and I don't know if it ever got fixed.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2014 7:23:16 PM PDT
Booker says:
Did anyone figure out the fanfic Anya.k was looking for? I've never read this story but I would definitely give it a try.

"I am looking for a twi fanfic i read not long ago I first discovered it on twifanfictionrec.com but i can't seem to find it there anyway :
- it was BxE, they were first best friends but get together in college.
- at some point they argue E storms out and next thing he wakes up with someone i think bella finds him with the girl.
- they break up and bella leaves town after graduation;
- they meet a couple years later, she's a journalist assigned to work on an article about esme's designer business;
- at some point they are in a bar i think bella gets cramps and actually gives birth she didn't know she was pregnant and later struggles accepting the baby. "

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2014 7:19:02 PM PDT
BTM says:
MBAButterfly - You can use Calibre to download stories from fictionpad.

Posted on Jun 28, 2014 7:10:08 PM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
What program or website can I use to download a story from fictionpad?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 12:24:46 PM PDT
Sister says:
curlygirl04- I haven't read it yet but over on the Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 4 thread there was some discussion about it. I skimmed so I wouldn't see too many spoilers but I did see that it
has a HEA.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 12:17:13 PM PDT
Sister says:
It seems like most of the popular/talented fic writers have moved on to the world of published books (either P2P or original works). One author that I loved as a fanfic writer that has been REALLY disappointing as an OF author is Amy Vastine aka "troublefollows1017." My favorite all time fic is Fridays at Noon and I was super excited to see that troublefollows was going to be publishing an original fic. When I read it (I actually haven't been able to finish it) I was sure that it was a different author. It was BORING! It was published by Harlequin Heartwarming which is known for its "wholesome" romances focusing on "family values." Had absolutely zero sizzle, no compelling story ... So disappointing! Oh well, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with rereading Fridays at Noon (and Once Upon a Saturday ;-)

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 12:11:33 PM PDT
curlygirl04 says:
Was wondering if anyone read Bastians' Storm? I read Surviving Bella before author pulled and really liked it. I guess I was waiting to see if anyone else was interested in the sequel and posted their thoughts.

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 12:05:05 PM PDT
curlygirl04 says:
Me too, MBA Butterfly, even tho I still check this thread every day it's not as active as it once was. I guess most have moved on from fanfiction. The bulk of what I read is still fanfiction...maybe because I came to it at the tail end and not over it yet, don't know.
It's funny you mention, There Will be Blood as I read that just last month (thank you, Carrie, for rec' ing it) and am actually on Chapter 30 of the sequel There Will be Freedom...soo good. I have a feeling I'll be in a book hangover and hard pressed finding one I like just as well :)

Posted on Jun 21, 2014 11:34:44 AM PDT
The Princess and the E. Love that mobward story.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2014 8:14:22 AM PDT
Donna S says:
MBAButterfly
Have you tried facebook. There are a lot of fanfiction groups there. Most all are closed groups but you just have to ask to join. There is Actorward, Doctorward, Militaryward, Twighlight fanfiction recommendations (complete) and (wip) etc.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 281 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  92
Total posts:  7010
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2013
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 37 customers

Search Customer Discussions