Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Which Kristen Ashely do I read next?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2014 10:54:05 AM PST
deborakaye says:
One of the reasons I enjoy KA's books is because many of her heroes & heroines are mature adults. I for one would enjoy more books in that age group.

It seems there are so many YA and teen books coming out that it is difficult to find books that I can relate to. I feel this is a niche market that has been ignored by current authors, so I applaud KA's efforts in this area.

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 9:24:16 AM PST
Lulu says:
Minnie, that's what I heard too. Since characters like Tate, Tack and Brock were in their early 40's, I am thinking these will be late 40's and pushing 50.

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 9:10:09 AM PST
KA mentioned that the Will was going to feature characters that are a wee bit older. Anyone have any info on that? I'm just a bit concerned as her characters are often on the older side (in romance novel terms i.e. which tends to centre around 18-40 for its characters) so I wondered if she's going older still. Are we talking 50s?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2014 7:36:12 AM PST
B.E. Love says:
lol Ann
I was thinking the same thing about A Reason to Breathe. I was really hoping to find it now because I needed soemthing to read but decided I would be responsible and read my Arc's so they are done;}

I was really impressed with the cover, very pretty.

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 7:24:15 AM PST
Ann says:
B.E. Love - THANKS for the news!!! I'm sooo looking forward to this one. Nice cover too.

A Reason to Breathe by C. P. Smith was mentioned over on another Amazon thread and was rec'd by one of my friends on GR's. The bk is supposedly very KA like and the author mentions KA in her introduction as her inspiration. So....while waiting on Kaleidoscope and The Will I'm gonna check this one out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2014 7:23:21 AM PST
Sophie says:
Samantha K,

Yay! That's my favorite of the Ghosts/reincarnation books. What will you choose next? It's a long weekend (assuming you're in the US), so lots of time to read... ;)

Posted on Jan 17, 2014 6:52:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2014 6:59:07 AM PST
B.E. Love says:
I just saw this on facebook

Cover Reveal!

Here it is, Rock Chicks, the cover for THE WILL, the first in a new series called The Magdalene Series. This book will be released on the greatest day of the year, April 8, 2014, my birthday! YEE HA!

We're setting up pre-orders and they should be available across the board internationally very soon (already up on Smashwords).

I fah-ree-king LOVE this story and honestly cannot wait to unleash it!

I hope when you get it, you love it too!

Rock on!

**edited to add*** I found this on smash words

Josephine Malone knew there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother. So Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. There was nothing disguised about Jake Spear. Including the fact he made bad decisions about who to give his love.

But there was one person who knew how to lead them to happiness and intent on doing it.

Even if she had to do it as her final wish.

Early in her life, Josephine Malone learned the hard way that there was only one person she could love and trust: her grandmother, Lydia Malone. Out of necessity, unconsciously and very successfully, Josephine donned a disguise to keep all others at bay. She led a globetrotting lifestyle on the fringes of the fashion and music elite, but she kept herself distant.

While Josephine was trotting the globe, retired boxer Jake Spear was living in the same small town as Lydia. There was nothing disguised about Jake. Including the fact he made a habit of making very bad decisions about who to give his love.

But for Josephine and Jake, there was one person who adored them. One person who knew how to lead them to happiness. And one person who was intent on doing it.

Even if she had to do it as her final wish on this earth.

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 8:11:02 PM PST
Samantha K says:
I just finished Ladybourne. Wow! I really loved it. I loved the H and his OTT possessiveness, the story and the ending! It was just really great book! I'm so glad I bought it. I'm really surprised by how much I enjoyed this book considering I typically don't care for the reincarnation theme.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014 4:21:55 PM PST
Sophie says:
Samantha K, so glad you're enjoying it!

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 4:15:41 PM PST
Samantha K says:
Sophie - I'm 69% in on Ladybourne and I'm seriously surprised by how good it is! I'm loving it. It is soooo good! Thanks for the recommendation. (I would've been done by now but I had to stop and read another book due to it being loaned.)

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 2:37:24 PM PST
Sophie says:
Skimming re-reading "Lucky Stars" today, started at the chapter where Belle's mom & grandmom go to Jack's office. Good book!

I tried the sample of Hop & Lanie (again), but (remember the Whiners from SNL? this is me in my head) I Just Don't Caaare! cannot generate any enthusiasm for these two. From the minute her Tantrum/Drama is described (about an overflowing diet cherry 7-up?!?), I just want to send her to timeout. And then I want to stop reading.

Maybe if it goes on sale? That always increases my tolerance levels ;)

Holo, so true! He did go after her & bare his heart! She deserved no less, but poor Lexie was so empty by then...That whole section of the book is a reread for me. Definitely one of my top 10 KAs, and one of my fav couples. One of the few that I could picture happily married decades later.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014 2:17:42 PM PST
Love Junkie says:
I love Ty and Lexie...I loved that Lexie needed and intervention to take him back after his screw up. My fave KA book only slightly ahead of Golden Dynasty...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2014 2:07:25 PM PST
Holo says:
Lady Luck. Ty's A-hole moment is epic but he more than made up for it IMO. Not groveling ( this is a KA book after all!) but deep and meaningful. Plus also IMO he's one of the very few KA H that had any reason react so harshly to something the h did. (Even though it was for a great reason and I LOVE Lexie! One of my top two h's. Ty has a legit reason for being so untrusting. Reece's (Ham) BS was just that. Childish, selfish BS. Hated it and the character.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 8:55:39 PM PST
Lulu says:
readerland, pretty much Lanie is begging Hop to let her explain and runs after him and . . . it's just painful to think about. I don't think you'd be happy with the book. Did you read Own the Wind (Shy/Tabby)? That came first, then Hop/Lanie.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 8:33:07 PM PST
readerland says:
Worst, most cringe-worthy thing an h does IMO is plead for H's attention. Is that what Lania does? I read almost all KA books but stopped completely after Raid (it was a DNF for me when h's infatuation was so darned obvious Raid would smirk). I haven't read another since and wonder if any of them are at par with, say, Lady Luck?

For some reason KA likes to have h see H smooching another woman, notice that? Motorcycle Man, Sweet Dreams, Raid.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 5:17:03 PM PST
Lulu says:
Sonia, you're right, Lanie did bring it on herself but he was so very mean and really humiliated her and that's what I mostly remember about the book. That, the Beebee explanation and the bar singing scene. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014 4:32:03 PM PST
Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014 4:26:45 PM PST
Lulu,

I thought that she brought that upon herself. I felt her pain; however, I thought that she created the bad situation. He was unforgiving and mean; however, I thought she hurt him and he was been a hard donkey and he had a right to be, lol... I think I would have been just as difficult. Now, I wish when the h's get mad and hurt, I wish they would be as unforgiving and difficult as Hop was to Lanie before forgiving ....that would be a real woman and a real different perspective for a KA woman, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014 3:51:39 PM PST
Neeta,

Totally agree.....

Sophie,

KA did a great job of turning the Hop character around. Initially, I did not like him at all and was not interested in reading his story; however, as Neeta said, I grew to really like him...totally enjoyed the story. Do not let the first impression of his character deter you from reading this book....I think you will might enjoy it.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 3:18:02 PM PST
Lulu says:
Sophie, yes, that name: Ham! Ack! I just replaced it with Graham in my head which I think is a perfectly lovely name.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014 3:07:50 PM PST
Sophie says:
Samantha, Yay! Can't wait to hear what you think by the end. Are you enjoying Sibyl? I like her a lot. Except I'm jealous of her hair.

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 1:57:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2014 2:53:33 PM PST
Samantha K says:
Sophie - I'm only 14% in on Ladybourne and I'm really liking it so far. Like ALOT! :-)

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 1:51:12 PM PST
Sam says:
Thanks Sister!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2014 1:15:18 PM PST
Sister says:
ETA= edited to add

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 1:07:29 PM PST
Sam says:
Ok, this is probably a stupid question, but what does ETA stand for? I can't figure it out and it's driving me absolutely NUTS because it's probably something super simple.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  310
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 41 customers

Search Customer Discussions