Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

heroine makes huge sacrifice for distrustful Hero....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 44 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 24, 2014 9:39:57 AM PDT
bump

Posted on Apr 20, 2014 1:25:22 AM PDT
Talltree says:
Bound In Death (A Vampire and Werewolf Romance)

Posted on May 21, 2013 6:14:06 PM PDT
Russo says:
All of the Maya Banks highlander books have the h's placing themselves at risk for the H's

Posted on May 21, 2013 6:07:35 PM PDT
bump

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2013 7:37:03 AM PST
Bling says:
haha, I wish :P

They were a little distrustful of her but not jerky overall. I think H was quite nice by the end.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 3:19:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 12, 2013 3:20:45 PM PST
No Place to Run: A KGI Novel, Book 2 by Maya Banks.

I liked the first book in this series, so rushed to get the second. The heroine risked her life and was injured as she came to warn him of danger; I think she was pregant too. I was so unhappy with the way they all treated her, I just skimmed through the rest.

ETA: So funny, Blitzkrieg, you must be psychic.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 6:09:53 AM PST
Bling says:
No Place to Run: A KGI Novel, Book 2 - Just recced this on a similar thread but it absolutely fits here.

*SPOILERS***

H thinks h has betrayed him and is in league with the enemy. Immediately after, h exchanges herself for H's mother, who has been captured by the enemy. Enemy wants to kill h and she knows it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 12, 2013 4:38:58 AM PST
RomeoOromeo says:
OMG I totally want to read the book because of the review. I think that means there is something seriously wrong with me. :)

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 2:49:54 AM PST
BUMP

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 12:41:25 AM PST
Taylijane says:
Mary L. Valley,
It is Iron Cowboy (Silhouette Desire)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 12:12:04 AM PST
LLC says:
Susan from the midwest
I have Duncan's Bride in e-book. You can email me with your email and I can send it to you. I'll make my email available on my profile page.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:37:30 PM PST
D. Arnold says:
"if his first instinct is to be a cruel a*hole, I don't know why any woman with self-respect would want to be with him."

These women want to be 'the one' to change them! At least that is how I see them. LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 10:27:30 PM PST
I forget. Which book did she stab herself in?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:17:12 PM PST
Magelet says:
Re: the heroine stabbing herself and playing dead: that was literally one of the most unintentionally hilarious scenes I've ever read. I love how even the other characters were sort of O_o afterward. I remember quite enjoying one of Diana Palmer's books...something in Paris? Pierce and Brianne were the characters, I think. All the rest are wallbangers for me, however. I don't care how much a hero grovels; if his first instinct is to be a cruel a*hole, I don't know why any woman with self-respect would want to be with him. I think DP is one of those very polarising authors; she either does it for you or she doesn't.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:31:40 PM PST
You could watch him mellow as he tried and failed and tried and failed to get her to come home. It was quite satisfying.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 7:07:39 PM PST
LTR says:
I liked this book (Duncan's Bride) too! Did it have a Groundhog Day feel to it for anyone else? It seemed like he just kept going into the diner and trying to get her to move home over and over and it just reminded me of Bill Murray trying things daily....... I liked how the h didn't move far but she was making a life for herself without the H until he wised up and figured out the magic formula -- to tell the h he loved her!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:58:33 PM PST
I read another snarky review of it somewhere that was equally funny. I wish i had your memory. Maybe then I'd have a ghost of a chance of remembering what site had the review. I don't really like Diana Palmer but I can't seem to stop myself from getting her books. I bought Iron Cowboy when it first came out. Last year I stumbled across a discussion about it and am embarrassed to admit that I then bought the Kindle version. *hangs head in shame*

I would have moved as far away from Jacobsville as I could get YEARS ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:45:56 AM PST
boogenhagen says:
That would be correct and the review that made me realize my madness is here:

http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/blog/iron-cowboy-by-diana-palmer-a-guest-review-by-nonnie/0/0/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:39:17 AM PST
Bling says:
I agree. I just read Patient Nurse, and I didn't think the OMG moment was very satisfying. For me, the H wasn't upset enough with what he had done - he seemed to get over it too fast! Maybe it's just me :( because I usually like these OMG moments.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 5:04:03 AM PST
*chuckle* I'm assuming that's a reference to Iron Cowboy?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 4:53:15 AM PST
LTR says:
Someone had posted a link to Smart Bitches Trashy Books that I wish I would have bookmarked. Oh my gosh, I was rolling when I read it -- it was so spot on and since I'd read the book, it really made it funny. It was about one of the DP novels and talked about the 2000 people living in Jacobsville and most of them being mercs and drug runners. I've gone to the site and tried to find the "review" but couldn't -- if any of you know what I'm talking about and could post the link, it would fit with what we are talking about and I'd really appreciate it!

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 10:14:51 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
Diana Palmer writes secret subconscious messages into her books -- they are like brain crack. Srsly that is the only reason I can think of for having every single one of her books and rereading them and even enjoying it when the h stabs herself and pretends to be dead.....LOL

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 6:32:53 PM PST
D. Arnold says:
I am in real life a DP girl. I put up with a ton of stuff! I am the proverbial 'good little woman'. My first marriage I can't begin to tell you what I dealt with for 10 years. When I found out about the cheating, I left. I try to see the 'good' in all right up until I am slapped up side the head with reality. I sleep at night with a clear conscious of how I feel about people. I am glad that I stuck with my 2nd hubby through the crazy times and I am blessed with a guy not perfect, but crazy about me now above everything else. After 12 years together, we are in a good place! I am a sucker for the meanies with their sweet women.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 5:58:21 PM PST
Tracy says:
Amazon lily by Theresa weir. One of my favorites. h took the bullet for H. Very emotional and beautifully-written scene.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013 4:47:17 PM PST
Nicole says:
Only You H doesn't believe in love and his constantly telling the h that you can't trust women. H doesn't believe women are willing to give up their own comfort for the sake of a relationship, ie. they will choose money over love. Towards the end the h risks her life the save the H. SPOILER.....The H is somewhat unconscious and thinks that the h betrayed him. The h believing the H will never trust her leaves. Several days later when the H is healed he finds out the truth and comes after her.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  44
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 24, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 36 customers

Search Customer Discussions