Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Petite, slender, small, delicate heroines

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 65 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2013 9:11:54 PM PDT
A Love So Bold by Annelise Kamada - soft, gentle heroine who endures some nasty situations.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 7, 2013 4:08:39 PM PDT
cathyr says:
spam

Posted on Oct 7, 2013 12:50:00 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 7, 2013 12:51:59 PM PDT
tntholley says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 3, 2013 7:27:17 PM PDT
Actually most of Hannah Howell's hs are small, but some may fall into the feisty category (not rowdy, but firm in their opinions). They are pretty good reads, though.

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 6:53:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2013 6:58:32 PM PDT
Freshcookies says:
Thanks for the historical recs :)

edited to add: LOL at 'scrawny'

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 3:43:45 PM PDT
Anne in VA says:
I just read The Arrangement by Mary Balogh. Really sweet book. H is blind and the h is small and scrawny.

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 2:35:59 PM PDT
Pink tie says:
One Night for Love (Dell Historical Romance) by Mary Balogh.

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 7:43:05 AM PDT
Suzanne says:
The Arrangement by Mary Balogh

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2013 10:46:29 PM PDT
The Admiral's Penniless Bride (Harlequin Historical) by Carla Kelly

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 6:37:34 PM PDT
A Customer says:
All time classic: Jane Eyre is very petite, and of course the e-book is free.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2013 6:05:25 PM PDT
I think you'd get more suggestions if you put up a new thread, but I will try for a couple suggestions.

Highland Bride (Zebra Historical Romance) by Hannah Howell has a small h. She is only somewhat feisty. She is not loud, but firm in her opinions as is her cousin in Highland Knight (Zebra Historical Romance) (same writer).

Lady Gallant by Suzanne Robinson has a very shy h. I don't remember if she was average or petite.

The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, I think the h is quite small.

Highland Lover by Hannah Howell also has a small h IIRC.

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 5:08:52 PM PDT
Freshcookies says:
Can I add a request to this? Can anyone rec an historical (Regency/Medieval/Highland) that has a petite heroine (not curvy) who is NOT feisty?

I know the usual 'formula' is to make the heroine small in stature but loud and smart mouthed. As though you have to be boisterous to make up for your physical 'deficiencies'. Ugh! How about a small, insecure, softly spoken, gentle (and not cold or nasty) heroine?

Any thoughts?

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 3:17:30 AM PDT
Appleblossom says:
Wait for You It's New Adult, but I quite enjoyed it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 2, 2013 12:05:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 2, 2013 12:10:26 AM PDT
Freshcookies says:
@ Bookseeker. I read Marco's Redemption as a result of your rec and I loved it!

I read a few reviews and was a bit unsure about the H's 'alpha-ness' (which bordered on male chauvinistic pig-ness), but I ended up really enjoying it. In particular the fact that he SO loves small delicate women. I'm fed up with reading about tall willowy heroines, or curvaceous ladies with massive hoo-hoos!!

I loved that this H was attracted to short girls and wasn't put off by a modest chest - just made a nice change!

Also the fact that the heroine wasn't a mouthy, smart ar$e was completely refreshing. She was just a normal girl, not superwoman beautiful so that EVERY man fell in love with her, she was quiet, not at all nasty or cold to the H. And most importantly of all, she didn't once annoy me...and that's rare as hens teeth for me in romance novels!

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 6:05:50 PM PDT
I would add..Dragon Bound (A Novel of the Elder Races) She is fierce but small. The Chocolate Kiss (Amour Et Chocolat)MacRieveThe Wolf's Mate Book 6: Logan & JennaBad Mouth (Entangled Covet)Beast Behaving Badly (she is so not shy though lol but so goofy people have no idea how deadly she is) Whisper Falls: A Destiny Novel

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2013 5:43:34 PM PDT
Seventeen is nothing. Bertrice Small's books have some brides who are less then fourteen. Yes, I know it was a practice of the day, but....squick!!

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 5:28:06 PM PDT
I wish Berkely books were lendable. The McCall and Walker books look good but that is a lot of cash on books I am not quite sure about.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2013 5:13:10 PM PDT
SunFlowers says:
"The heroine's slight frame is mentioned so many times in this book that I started to picture her like a bony piece of chicken, lol. IIRC"

LMAO! And you say I'm funny! I've been laughing at that line for the past 2 hours!

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 11:31:48 AM PDT
Diane says:
Velvet song Velvet Song

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 28, 2013 11:18:39 AM PDT
Noelle says:
Thanks for the heads up to read the 1* reviews, now I won't be wasting time or money on this one. Thanks again!

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 9:10:34 AM PDT
Trekkie says:
Rock Chick Regret

Sadie, the h, is very petite. She is often called a 'fairy princess'. She suffers a rape in the first pages but, it is off page.

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 12:54:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2013 12:56:03 AM PDT
Royal Bride

The bride is only 17 when married, is described as childlike because she is so small. I enjoyed the book and have re-read it several times. There is cheating. The hero has an affair with his ex-mistress. He became frustrated because he had become strongly attracted to (as he considered) his untouchable bride. She actually took the place of her sister who eloped before the wedding, to avoid a scandal. He said that he would give her time to get to know him, and it was a relief to him also, since he thought of her as not quite grownup.

Darn! I did not realize I'd already posted this.

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 11:13:02 PM PDT
I think For Love and Honor should come with a small warning. I don't want to spoil it here but I recommend that people check the spoilery reviews before buying.

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 5:31:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2013 9:11:37 AM PDT
lovestoread says:
Defy not the Heart by Johanna Lindsey
Ransom by Julie Garwood
The Prize by Julie Garwood

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013 8:57:11 AM PDT
The Trainport has a 16 year old skinny girl as its heroine.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  44
Total posts:  65
Initial post:  Dec 17, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 7, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions