Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Cyber Monday Sweepstakes in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Books similar to Lynn Kurland

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 4, 2012 10:41:49 AM PST
A. Esposito says:
Does anyone have any book suggestions similar to Lynn Kurland, no sex before the wedding, fairly tame love scenes (PG 13)? I love her writing style with the touching romance being the highlight of the story. Thanks!

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 12:58:15 PM PST
You might try author Cindy Miles. Both her subject matter and writing style are very similar to Lynn Kurland.

Also, here's a list of novels that are "clean."

Hope this helps. Happy reading.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 5:20:07 PM PST
Marissa G says:
You may also want to check out this thread:

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 5, 2012 1:37:02 PM PST
A. Esposito says:
Thanks for the list. I'm looking at checking out Cindy Miles.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 9:54:04 AM PST
A. Esposito says:
Cindy Miles has worked out beautifully! A little more graphic, than LK, but I thoroughly am enjoying them!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 2:34:12 PM PST
A. Esposito says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 10:23:41 PM PST
Hi, A. Esposito. I'm glad you're enjoying reading Cindy Miles. Did you see that she has a new novel coming out this summer? It's called Forevermore. It's been quite a while since she released something new, so I'm looking forward to it. Lynn Kurland also has a new novel coming out soon (Roses in Moonlight) so put that one on your list, too.

As for other recommendations:
I recently read a WWI time travel novel that I liked -- Overseas by Beatriz Williams. It's not very graphic (and what is included in absolutely integral to the story). I'd recommend it.

Do you read straight contemporary romance that doesn't include time travel? If so, try author Julie James. She's written mabye half a dozen books now, so you'd have a little bit of a backlist to work through. I can't guarantee you no sex before marriage, but her novels tend to be much closer to PG13 than they do to being super graphic. In fact, her first couple of novels were so clean that several readers commented on this in their reviews of her books. The more recent ones have *slightly* more heat. If you're intersted, start with Practice Makes Perfect (Berkley Sensation) or Just the Sexiest Man Alive (Berkley Sensation). I think she writes great characters and really good, witty dialogue. She has become an autobuy for me.

If you read historicals, you might consider The Wedding Dress by Virginia Ellis.

I hope you find some great new reads. Happy reading.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 11, 2013 10:34:27 PM PST
I had another idea. Have you ever read Susanna Kearsley? She doesn't get talked about much here on the romance forum, but I think you might like her. Read the reviews for Mariana and / or The Winter Sea to see if Kearsley is an author you're interested in following.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 11:26:50 PM PST
MegMeg says:
Julia Quinn. This is true for most of her novels. Most have only one love scene and it's not very detailed. And most of her love scenes only happen after marriage or just before, with the exception of "When He Was Wicked". I was quite surprised with that book.

Posted on Jan 11, 2013 11:56:52 PM PST
Sey-Park says:
I completely agree with the recommendation to read Susanna Kearsley. Like Kurland her books are very interesting because there is a lot more to them then 2 self-centered YA's having a lot of sex before commitment. I would also recommend Susan King. She writes historical romances with lyrical prose and intricate plots. I just finished Laird of the Wind It is only $.99 at the moment. Best book I've read in ages.

Posted on Jan 12, 2013 8:31:38 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 31, 2014 12:50:08 PM PDT
A. Esposito says:
Thanks so much for the rec's. I do have LK's new book on pre-order, can't wait! I am so excited to see some new options. I haven't read a book in 2 weeks! Thanks so much Literary Lady for your suggestions, I'm shopping as we speak! Thanks too MegMeg and Jane. I have tried a few Julia Quinn's and enjoyed them, but worried about the reviews on some. I'll try SK, sounds great.

Posted on Mar 31, 2014 12:51:07 PM PDT
A. Esposito says:

Posted on Jun 10, 2014 12:16:04 PM PDT
A. Esposito says:
Just read the new book by Lynn Kurland, loved it! Dreams of Lilacs was a great addition to her series. Any similar authors, books?

Posted on Sep 14, 2014 4:39:21 PM PDT
A. Esposito says:

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:27:29 AM PDT
A. Esposito says:
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 Sep 17, 2015
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
145 19 days ago
Hero watches heroine from afar before approaching her 6 5 minutes ago
Need to find a book: she's a physical therapist, he needs her help. I think he's a hockey player? 2 24 minutes ago
Train Recs: highly recommended but you wallbanged 587 27 minutes ago
List of HP cheating Hero books 68 29 minutes ago
HP Discussion thread number 2 515 32 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 5664 55 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 7083 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 424 1 hour ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 8278 1 hour ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 3099 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 4, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 8, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions