Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Any recs like books from Lauren Dane?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 22, 2012 11:13:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 11:18:16 AM PST
LTR says:
I first read Never Enough then found all the books of the Brown siblings (and I don't know about all of you but Brody is one of my favorite Hs ever -- loyal, caring, fun and hot!). I read all of the Chase Brothers series too. I love this style of book, just family and friends hanging out with some storms to weather. I'm not into werewolves or other PNR books but would love some ideas of books similar in style to Ms. Dane. Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:25:46 AM PST
Tala says:
Have you read Once and Again (Petal, Georgia) ?
I like Maya Banks, especially the Colter's series if you don't mind m/f/m. Dixie Lynn Dwyer is another one I like.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 11:51:42 AM PST
You might Second Chances and Believe They are both well written and has interesting plot twist with the second chances and believe is a short novella to help tye up the loose ends of the first book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 1:12:54 PM PST
Dog Lover says:
Really tired of your being the daily sockpuppet spammer.

Get another job.

DL

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:30:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 1:37:38 PM PST
LTR says:
Dog Lover, who are you referring to? I was asking for books similar to Lauren Dane's -- and I assure you I am not Lauren Dane. Tala and D. Clapper both replied with books that are written by Lauren Dane. What is the problem?

Tala, I like Maya Banks' books but haven't tried the Colter series yet. I already have Once and Again (Petal GA) and have pre-ordered the next in the series that's coming out in March (?). I'll look into Dixie Lynn Dwyer too. Thanks for the recommendations.

D. Clapper, those are two Lauren Dane books I haven't read yet so thanks -- I'll be ordering Second Chances next. Looks right up my alley -- I don't know how I missed it before.

I already have a job and I plan to keep it. I assure everyone that I only like reading books but have no plans to become an author. No schilling or being a sockpuppet here.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 1:47:23 PM PST
LTR says:
Oh yeah, once I looked more closely at Second Chances, I remembered why I didn't read it before. Some of the reviewers said the D/s part of the book is really heavy and you have to like reading about D/s relationships to enjoy the book. So I've never been sure about reading it and have always read something else on my TBR pile (and it's quite a pile). So, D. Clapper, is the D/s part of the book really dominant (pun intended)? If so, I'll probably pass. I like hot and sweaty and don't mind some things but I'm not into reading about pain. What do you think?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:12:00 PM PST
Bitchie says:
LovesToRead, if you look in the top right corner of a person's post, it'll say "in reply to an earlier post". If you click the blue "earlier post", you'll see that DogLover was responding to a known spammer in these parts, DClapper.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 2:31:37 PM PST
Tala says:
Not D Clapper but.....I really liked second chances and yes it was a big part of the story, but it was well done. If you read it have tissue ready.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 2:32:03 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 2:50:32 PM PST
I am not nor have I ever been a spammer and I don't post that often so I really have no idea what you guys are talking about. I work in the medical field and with my horrible grammer I don't think that I will be entering the world as a author anytime soon.

Yes Loves to Read the D/s is played out heavily in both books so if that is something that does not interst you it maybe something that you want to skip. It is very good and another book that you might try Is her new book Tart (A Delicious Novel) Finished it a coulple days ago and it was good although it is mmf

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 3:23:26 PM PST
LTR says:
It seems to me that whether you're an author or just a reader like me, you should be able to suggest book titles to someone who requests them -- DC definitely wasn't recommending one of her own books unless she's Lauren Dane -- in which case I'd be thrilled she answered my post. Dog Lover should have done some research before she slammed DClapper -- and owes her an apology.

I love reading these forums and I get so many good recommendations for books from them. I don't want them to degenerate into any name-calling where I have to hesitate to suggest a book I really like, in fear of being accused of being a "sockpuppet spammer".

I'll have to think about reading the book.....and I'll look into Tart. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 3:29:52 PM PST
Neeta says:
I always recommend NJ Walters' Jamesville series to anyone who likes the Brown and Chase books by Lauren Dane. Similar feel - all the characters are connected: relatives, friends, coworkers etc and it's set in a small town. No paranormal. The steam level does tend to increase a little though as the first book especially is quite tame, not "closed door" but pretty innocent, and as the books get further into the series, the sexy ramps up (stays pretty vanilla though - no menage, kink, BDSM, backdoor).

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 3:32:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 22, 2012 4:26:48 PM PST
Loves to read if you like Brody another author that you may try is Cherrie Lynn. I read Rock Me and and Leave Me Breathless (Leather and Lace)enjoyed them both. Unleashed is the first book in that series but I have not read that yet. Oh and Olivia Cunning's sinner's books are great the first book Backstage Pass: Sinners on Tour (The Sinners on Tour) and it's on sale or $.99

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 3:55:47 PM PST
LTR says:
The Jamesville series looks right up my alley and I like that there are already several books in it. And since it was 99 cents I bought Backstage Pass. I'll have to think about Leave Me Breathless since it is $8 on Kindle and I already have Rock Me. But the Jamesville series is going on my wish list.

Thanks for the recs -- keep them coming please!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:28:47 PM PST
Sorry loves to read I posted the wrong link to leave me breathless I adjusted it. The book is cheaper than $8.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 5:10:02 PM PST
LTR says:
Yea! Leave Me Breathless is now on my Kindle! Speaking of Kindle, I've asked for the Fire HD to replace my 3-year-old Kindle2. The battery is failing on my K2 and it freezes sometimes but it's been a workhorse for sure -- it's seen many hours of use! I saw the Fire at a retail store and it just blew me away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be under our tree!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 7:22:36 PM PST
Tala says:
I forgot about the Jamesville series. That's another one I really like.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Dec 22, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions