Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Iron Maiden $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Now Deal of the Day
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

HERO, not heroine, is raped.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 272 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 28, 2010 6:12:01 PM PDT
Dixie Girl says:
I'm looking for stories where the hero, not the heroine, is raped or suffers through some sort of sexual abuse. It can be in his past experience or during the course of the story. It can be either a historcial or contemporary but it needs to have a dark tortured hero. The darker the better.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 6:26:41 PM PDT
jmgirl says:
Wow. This is a tough one. The only one I can think of is The Outlander series. Jamie goes through some pretty intense stuff.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 6:41:20 PM PDT
Acheron - Sherrilyn Kenyon

Hero is forced to be a sex slave and beaten from the time he was a child to a young adult.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 6:44:02 PM PDT
Cphe says:
The Lady's Tutor - by Robin Schone.
I read this book a long time ago and if I remember correctly the hero was raped

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 6:47:12 PM PDT
Ride the Fire - Pamela Clare

Hero is taken captive by native americans and tortured. While he's healing one of the women uses his weakened state to take advantage.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 6:48:55 PM PDT
Stephout says:
In the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward- one of the heroes in the most recent book was raped. However, his story had started in the second book of the series and it was not as much of an issue in his own book.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 6:49:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2010 7:19:19 PM PDT
Mary Jo Putney: The Spiral Path, Silk and Shadows, Dearly Beloved
Laura Leone: Fallen from Grace
Liz Carlyle: The Devil You Know, Never Deceive a Duke
Diana Gabaldon: Outlander
Laura Kinsale: The Shadow and the Star
Judith James: Broken Wing, Libertine's Kiss
Karen Robards: One Summer
Katherine Sutcliffe: Darkling I Listen
Nora Roberts: Rising Tides
Michelle Perry: Paint It Black
J.R. Ward: In her Brotherhood series Zsadist (Lover Awakened) and John
Joanna Lindsey: Prisoner of My Desire(by heroine)
Robin Schone: Gabriel's Woman
Susan E Phillips: This Heart Of Mine (by heroine but author tries to play it "cute" so not tortured)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 8:45:07 PM PDT
AnekaTX says:
Demon From The Dark by Kresley Cole

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 9:11:42 PM PDT
R. Simpson says:
Leigh Greenwood's book Matt, he was sexually abused as child. This is part of his Cowboys series and some of the back story of the sexual abuse is in the first book Jake, but you don't need to read that to follow Matt.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 9:16:35 PM PDT
"Breed" Mackenzie in Linda Howard's MACKENZIE'S MISSION. He was in foster care while his father was in prison; foster father raped him.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 9:26:59 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Cphee--Ramiel in the Lady's Tutor wasn't raped it was Gabriel in Gabriel's Woman who was raped and could not stand to be touched because of it. Both are really good books though.

I would also add Fallen from Grace by Laura Leone.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 9:52:41 PM PDT
Danegeld (Love Spell historical romance) by Susan Squires. The hero is gang-raped as a form of torture. The heroine was also raped.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 10:36:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 28, 2010 10:40:29 PM PDT
Ramiel lived with his father and was raped by a half-brother or cousin, something like that. Been a while, but the rapist was angry and jealous. The guy sneaked up on him while he was in bed, had some friends hold him down and raped him. It was after that he left home. I'll have to read it again. One of my favs, it's been too long.

Added. Yes, Gabriel too. I had to read it 3 times before I figured out exactly what happened and why he was so traumatized. Loved the part where the girl figured how to seduce him. Think it had been 10 years, 14 years? A very long time. Another fav along with The Lover.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 11:35:56 PM PDT
In Simply Love by Catherine Anderson the hero of the story is a tough, cold, calculating man who was raped as a child by one of his mother's clients. I love this book but haven't really liked any of Anderson's newer books.

Lady Dangerous by Suzanne Robinson. Hero's uncle tried stuff with him and his family wouldn't believe him.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2010 12:15:23 AM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Sorry Cinnamon Girl--your right, I just looked it up, forgive me, my bad :(

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 5:55:38 AM PDT
J. Collins says:
You could try Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon or Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu. Both involve heros who have been trapped in items, one a book and one a box, and used by different masters through the centuries for sex or as weapons. They both feel dehumanized by the experience and have difficulty believing the heroines actually care for them as men.

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 6:02:26 AM PDT
Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts

One of my favorite books of all-time. :)

Kristan
Author of Twenty-Somewhere
kristanhoffman.com - writing dreams into reality

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 6:51:56 AM PDT
SuzieBags says:
In The Arms of The Wind Charlotte Boyett-Compo, Excellent book from Ellora's Cave, H comes from a mob family and is a detective, but he is also an enforcer (killer) in the book. He doesn't like it, but his father was one and his grandfather pretty much insists that he follow. H brother is older and heads up the family and is jelous of the H, because his wife has been in love with the H forever, they did have a brief affair before when they were young, but he can't stand her now, she is awful in the book and the H and brother are mean to her and I loved that. Liked the h, she was having dinner with a male friend from the gallery that she works at and is witness to his murder. The killers are of course the H and his partner, they show up at the scene as detectives and of course it's all covered up and that is how the H and the h meet. She doesn't know it was him of course and they do end up starting a relationship, he's crazy about her, but is having difficulty with being the enforcer to his family, because the h won't like it when she finds out. She's not stupid and starts to figure out what kind of family he belongs to. The H's grandfather likes her and so does the H's mother. The wife to the brother hates her of course and is a b**ch to her, but the H won't allow it.
The rapist sets up the H and his partner at the boat docks and they dart the H so he is drugged up, but not enough to not know whats going on. The rapist tells his goons to bring him to the boathouse and Hell opens up for the H, and he is raped. The rape itself wasn't described, but he is taken to the hospitaland the h is told (H other brother is a doctor) and tells her, but they are the only two who know, besides 2 bodyguards to the H. It is from here on out in the book, that the H is dealing with the rape and the h is soo supportive. It is so sad, but he does get his revenge.
It is one of my all time favorite reads, something about this book, just gets me everytime I read it. On Amazon I see that it is $9.99, but at Ellora's it is $6.99, not in print yet.
Hope you get a chance to read it.
This author also wrote Hardwind, and the H is raped in this also, by his woman boss who is obsessed with him (he is total Alpha Beefcake), and she is like older I think like in her 50's or 60's, she is in a highpowered job and drugs him and the rape is very graphic.
He is in love with h of course, and she never finds out about it. The boss lady tries to kill her and there baby too.

I really like her books, I started to read her windkeeper series and they are very good also.

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 6:53:13 AM PDT
SuzieBags says:
Can someone give spoilers for Honest Illusions? Thanks

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 7:42:39 AM PDT
Dottiebears says:
Prisoner of My Desire by Johanna Lindsey is pretty darn good

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 7:46:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2010 7:47:02 AM PDT
BROKEN WING by Judith James
MY DARK PRINCE by Julia Ross
VANQUISHED by Hope Tarr

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 7:47:02 AM PDT
lovebooks says:
Broken wing, James.. wonderful story about a young boy forced into prostitution and prevails.

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 8:33:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2010 8:35:54 AM PDT
Dog Lover says:
You know? I've seen Broken Wing mentioned on this forum a lot. Just recently, though, some of the posts became very critical of it. I'm interested but am now hesitant. (Does this constitute a thread high-jack? Don't want to do that!)

DL

Edited to add: Sorry, I forgot to say that I always mistrust books that have almost all 5 star reviews so I'm not using those reviews for a decision basis. I always trust this forum more than those reviews anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2010 8:43:15 AM PDT
Dixie Girl says:
Broken Wing is an excellent book and is on my keeper shelf. Gabriel's one of my favorite heros. Don't hesitate!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2010 9:20:55 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2010 9:28:01 AM PDT
DL, I really liked Broken Wing. The hero is fabulous, complicated and damaged. The heroine is smart, strong, independent and caring. It's one of the rare historicals where the heroine has power and money and the hero does not.

I think the main complaint is that the H/h are separated 1/2 way through and the second part of the book is very much the journey/adventure of the hero as he makes his way back. It's old school in that way but I liked his adventure and the expanded scope of the novel with his physical and emotional journey. The ending goes on a bit and I think becomes bit needlessly complicated but not enough to ruin the book. The writing is also very good. I rated it an A-.

If you want more spoilers AAR has a review on it

http://www.likesbooks.com/cgi-bin/bookReview.pl?BookReviewId=7128
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  106
Total posts:  272
Initial post:  Oct 28, 2010
Latest post:  May 16, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 41 customers

Search Customer Discussions