Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Hero is a doctor and heroine is his patient

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 49 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 26, 2010 4:00:30 PM PDT
Hi,
I just read Straight from the heart by Barbara Delinky and loved it.
Any recommendations for books with similar theme. Historical, Contemporary or PNR - All suggestions welcome.

Posted on May 27, 2010 12:58:26 AM PDT
Rain says:
i LOVE this theme

plz plz plz

Posted on May 27, 2010 1:10:24 AM PDT
Patient Nurse (Silhouette Desire, No 1099) - Diana Palmer - its an old school one - he is a cardio surgeon her a nurse, but she also has a heart condition

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 7:01:27 AM PDT
Romance Reader

what is the sensuality level of this books ?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 7:07:58 AM PDT
Thanks Deanna. I believe I have read that one. Its a good book:-)

Hey Romance Lover,

I am quiet happy with both mainstream and erotic romance. So feel free to suggest whatever you can think of. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 7:18:25 AM PDT
No, I was actually asking about the B. Delinsky book you mentioned :-)
what is its sensuality level ?

I don't like books when the sex is "behind closed door" - so I want to know before I order it ..

Posted on May 27, 2010 7:21:14 AM PDT
oop sorry, Its definitly not an erotic romance. Its a mainstream Harlequin romance but I would definitly not call it "behind closed door". :-))

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 7:23:35 AM PDT
Excellent, thanks much

I love this theme to so I will order this book.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 9:13:10 AM PDT
RaeAnne Thayne = Dancing in the moonlight (SSE)
Rachel Lindsay (aka Roberta Leigh) = Wife for a year (HP)

If U want the reverse (heroine = doc / hero = patient) :
J.R. Ward = Lover unbound

Posted on May 27, 2010 12:04:06 PM PDT
How about hero is injured soldier, his nurse is his estranged wife? OUT OF UNIFORM by Amy Fetzer.

Posted on May 27, 2010 12:11:15 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 12:24:32 PM PDT
Wendy says:
I highly recommend "Playing Doctor" by Lori Foster. It's in the anthology "When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys". He's an oby/gyn. Nothing kinky or weird. It's really good and smoking hot as far as the bedroom scenes go.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 12:30:30 PM PDT
Wendy says:
RR can you give some spoilers on Straight from the Heart? What's it about? There's not enough info here on Amazon for me to know if I want to order it. I like this theme too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2010 12:44:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2010 12:46:58 PM PDT
Thankyou so much everyone for recommendations!!! please keep them coming. My TBR pile is growing steadily.

Wendy, Straight from the heart is about Heather Cole who has an heart condition and she meets Cardiologist Dr Rob McCrae because of it, however she does not reveal her condition to him till later in the story. What I loved about the book was that her heart condition took a center stage in the story. It creates the reason for conflict between the two, when Rob tries to manipulate her to take some tests which Heather was reluctant to. However it also bought them together and Rob shows incredible support in helping Heather face up to her condition and go through open heart surgery.

It is an incredibly sweet love story and both characters are fairly well etched out. I am sure you will love it.

Posted on May 28, 2010 6:11:43 AM PDT
This is a great thread. A lot of recommendations for me to put on my wish list! The Heartbreaker by Maddie James doesn't exactly meet the patient criteria but again, it does, because the doctor does end up treating the heroine's backside when his kid brother shoots her in the butt with a BB gun. LOL That's how the book opens. So, I'll throw it out there anyway. It's just been released on Kindle and probably another couple of weeks for paperback. Here's the blurb:

The Heartbreaker is back in town. But whose heart will get broken this time?

As athletic director for the Parks Department, Lucki Stevenson spends most of her time coaching unruly teenagers instead of giving her heart a much-needed pep talk. And when all-grown-up, boy-next-door, Dr. Sam Kirk moves back to town, Lucki wants to forfeit the game of love completely! Sam broke her heart once before, and she won't give him a chance to do it again...

Returning home to care for his younger brother J.J., after his mother's death, Sam is happy to accept Lucki's expert advice about kids-and even happier that the tomboy he remembers is now a beautiful woman. When Lucki agrees to help him with J.J., Sam is sure he's on the road to success as an instant parent, and possibly as a husband-but first he's got to convince Lucki that he's not the heartbreaker he once was, and that good guys do finish first...

[[ASIN:B003O2SGTI The Heartbreaker]
maddie

Posted on May 28, 2010 7:20:22 AM PDT
Melanie says:
A favorite HP oldie with this theme is Song Of The Waves by Anne Hampson.

Posted on May 28, 2010 7:36:29 AM PDT
Allie says:
Is the doctor her gyneocologist?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2010 9:49:18 PM PDT
E. Holmes says:
Sweet Everlasting - the story of the doctor in love with his mute patient. Really, really good, and very sweet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2010 1:32:46 AM PDT
Thanks E.Holmes, I think I have read this one. Really good. :-)

Thank you so much Maddie James, Melanie. I have added those two in by TBR. Now waiting for them to arrive...

Posted on Jun 5, 2010 12:08:21 PM PDT
Waiting for the Moon by Kristin Hannah

Posted on Jun 6, 2010 6:00:36 PM PDT
valerie2002 says:
I justed finished Kansas Courtship (After the Storm: The Founding Years) (Love Inspired Historical) by Victoria Bylin. The doctor is female and her patient is male. It's a sweet book.

Posted on May 25, 2011 12:05:11 AM PDT
Gülce Arman says:
I just read Sawyer by Lori Foster and it was great, wonderful. So if you have new recommendations on doctor hero treating the heroine i will be really greatful. :-) I dont want Hqn or historical please.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 12:15:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 25, 2011 1:17:55 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 12:18:26 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 25, 2011 1:18:01 PM PDT]

Posted on May 25, 2011 12:27:51 AM PDT
Instant Gratification by Jill Shalvis
This was a pretty good read. The h is the doctor from the big city. She is running her father's clinic out in the country while he's recuperating. H gets treated by the h when he gets banged up at his job.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  49
Initial post:  May 26, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions