Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Martha Stewart American Made Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

again the magic - others?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 28, 2013 6:06:12 AM PST
I just re-read "Again the Magic" by Lisa Kleypas and was blown away. The intensity of the love between these two characters was greather than any other relationship I have ever read. Can anyone please recommend books that have this and are as good?

Also, I have not read the Wallflower series. Do McKenna and Aline appear in any of Klepyas' other books?

Recommendations can be contemporary or historical.

Also, I seem to remember reading in this forum someone mentioning a book that was just like "Again the Magic" plot-wise. But I can't remember the title. Anyone?

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:32:46 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Aline's brother, Lord Westcliff, appears in Worth Any Price as a secondary character, and he gets his own story in It Happened One Autumn: Wallflower Series #2. You NEED to read the Wallflowers' series! :-) You should also read the Hathaway Family series, especially Seduce Me at Sunrise, but they are all keepers.

Note: There may be a mention of McKenna and Aline, but it's brief. They don't appear even as secondary characters.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:53:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 6:56:09 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Sigh Worthy Romances:
Back to You
Perfect-The H and h from PARADISE are friends of the H.
The Sweet Gum Tree

Dreaming of You-probably my favorite romance ever...
All Things Beautiful
Parting Gifts
Lorraine Heath's westerns--The Texas series featuring three brothers and here's one of them Texas Destiny; the Rogues of Texas series
Yours Until Dawn
Saving Grace

Anything by Judith McNaught, and I do mean anything.
Carla Kelly's regencies are tops.

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 6:57:43 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Some more:
Lord of Scoundrels
What I Did for a Duke
Heart of a Knight

Posted on Feb 28, 2013 8:58:29 PM PST
Emm V says:
kindred spirit ~ yeah, unfortunately Aline and McKenna never show up in person again in later Kleypas books. But they are mentioned a couple times quickly in her brother, Marcus & Lillian's book: It Happened One Autumn.

Although my kindle search results show "Aline" is mentioned 17 times throughout his book, most are not important. The only really major references to them is when Marcus mentions a gift (stereoscope) he receives from Aline from New York. And when Marcus announces to their mother news that Aline gave birth to a baby boy named John Mckenna the second.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2013 10:50:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2013 10:51:58 PM PST
Fiona B says:
I read this book once a year since I've found it years ago. I almost memorized the scene where he begs her to marry him, saying he loved her enough for the both of them and he'll take anything she can give him ::sigh::

I think the one mentioned often that has the similar plot is Meagan Mckinney's When Angels Fall

My other angsty go to books -
Flowers from the Storm
The Outsider

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 7:19:54 AM PST
Response to all: Thank you! I appreciate all these recommendations and comments. I have read Perfect and Paradise by McNaught, Seduce Me at Sunrise, and Flowers from the Storm. I loved all of them. I am intrigued by all your other recommendations. Thanks.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 3:51:15 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 1, 2013 3:52:19 PM PST
PinkiexLi says:
I wish that Aline and Marcus's sister...Lily?? had her own book with Mckenna's American friend Gideon?? Sorry, I'm can't for the life of me remember their names, but I loved their secondary story and really wanted to know more.

ETA, lol, the sister for sure isn't Lily-that's Marcus's wife!! The sister's name starts with an L...I think...

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 5:31:46 PM PST
PinkiexLi, Aline's sister's name was "Livia." And you're right, wasn't Livia and Gideon's story great? I thought this was one of the rare cases when the secondary couple was just as strong and interesting as the main couple. And with a couple like Aline and McKenna, that's saying something!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2013 8:21:50 PM PST
Gideon and Livia are my favorite LK couple - they really deserved their own book.

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 8:26:14 PM PST
Aussie Girl says:
Again The Magic was a ***** read for me. The sweetness of the romance between Livia and Gideon balanced out the angst and darker romance of Aline and McKenna. You got two great couples for the price of one. I would have loved to see more of Aline and McKenna in the next books too.

Posted on May 28, 2013 2:23:56 PM PDT
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
19 Sep 17, 2015
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
145 15 days ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 9393 14 minutes ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 8410 16 minutes ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 8644 25 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #4 8174 43 minutes ago
Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers* 8359 1 hour ago
Heroine is feral, not civilized, afraid of everyone, etc? 5 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 5 7022 1 hour ago
Recs: H/h is a widow who falls in love with H/h's friend/family member 4 1 hour ago
Recipes! 7 1 hour ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 9491 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2013
Latest post:  May 28, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions