Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Where the attraction starts before seeing what the other person looks like

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012 1:41:56 AM PST
Neeta says:
I'd like to find some books where the attraction to the other person is in full swing before the looks play a role. You know like in JR Ward's 2nd BDB book where Rhage is stunned by Mary's voice while his sight is wonky and he becomes obsessed with her before seeing her properly... or like in a couple of others I've read where a couple is drawn together through written communication - email/penpals sort of thing. I'd just love to see some romances where it's lust/love at first voice etc instead of at first sight.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 2:39:30 AM PST
Jean says:
Night of Fire (The St Ives) by Barbara Samuel. They are pen pals for quite some time before they meet. A really good book.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 3:12:01 AM PST
CMommy says:
Easy H is h's tutor. They talk through email and h is attracted to H before she knows who he is.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 4:08:12 AM PST
Susan says:
Hearts In Darkness--H and h are stuck in a dark elevator together.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:26:20 AM PST
jpl says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 5:58:44 AM PST
AnekaTX says:
Just the Way You Are by Christina Dodd fits what you're looking for. Not everybody likes the mafia stuff in this book, in fact, some thinks it's beyond ridiculous, but since this is the very first contemporary book I read outside of HP, it holds a special place in my heart:)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 6:08:58 AM PST
umm, I think she was asking for books with this theme, not advice...

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 6:09:32 AM PST
Better Than Before (RightMatch.com Trilogy) - they are on a dating site for a while before they meet

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:53:38 AM PST
Hi Neeta! Beauty and the Feast has this theme. They get to know each other/are attracted to each other over the phone. Then the H gets to savor the h's cooking. Finally they meet in person! It's a hot one!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:50:50 AM PST
LuckyGirl says:
Susan Mallery's Tender Loving Care has this theme. The clothing references are hilariously dated, but it's a good book.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 12:37:49 PM PST
vanila_o says:
Comes to mind -
Stranger in My Arms - The hero was obsessing over heroine's photo before meeting her in person
Love in the Afternoon H/h started falling in love by exchanging letters first.
Both books above are very good. Lisa Kleypas rocks.
I will try to remember more.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 2:09:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 2:17:51 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Love in the Afternoon is a favorite of mine, but she knows what he looks like, and he "thinks" he knows what she looks like. (That's not a spoiler since it's established immediately.) Keep that in mind if you want both to be in the dark, so to speak. :-)

Candle in the Window
Yours Until Dawn-blind hero.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 2:12:36 PM PST
Lisa says:
More Than Words by Karla Doyle. They meet online playing Scrabble.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:42:04 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 3:42:24 PM PST
vanila_o says:
Also expanding on blind category -
Midnight Angel (Midnight)- the main heroine is blind. Hot and sweet with yummy alpha hero. Kind of beauty and the beast theme.
The Ivory Cane - blind heroine. Quick decent read.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 1:37:13 AM PST
Neeta says:
Some good looking reqs here, some I've already read, some now new additions to my TBR pile. Thanks. Keep 'em coming please. I just love the idea of being attracted to someone for reasons of other than how they look.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:18:50 AM PST
M. says:
Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone might fit this, hero is injured and loses his sight for a while, he forms an immediate attraction to one of the nurses without being able to see her. Just fiy this one is more of an historical erotica title.

Till Next We Meet by Karen Ranney, historical romance. Hero begins a correspondence with the h while serving in the army with her husband, who asked him to answer her letters because the husband is a jerk and can't be bothered. H becomes very attached to h through the letters and seeks her out after the husband dies.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:24:57 AM PST
read4fun says:
Miss Maitland's Letters (Signet Regency Romance) by Martha Kirkland

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:10:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 4:12:32 AM PST
Laura Kinsale: My Sweet Folly. They meet and fall in love through letters but that's just the start of the book.

Teresa Medieros: Goodnight Tweetheart- Almost the entire book is via twitter and e-mail. (has ambiguous ending - could be happy, could be sad - your choice of interpretation)

Judith Ivory: Beast. Heroine encounters hero in the dark on board a ship. The entire first part of the romance she never sees him nor does she know who he is when she does first see him.

Judith McNaught: Almost Heaven. Hero first becomes interested in heroine because of her thoughts and voice - heroine doesn't realize he couldn't see her because of the lighting and assumes he's interested because of her superior looks like everyone else.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions