Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Searching for books where a hero stand up for heroine

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2012 5:43:50 AM PDT
hey guys

am looking for books where the hero stands up for the heroine for example heroine finds her bf/fiance cheating with a friend/secretary,ow or even dumped for ow, then meets a millionaire/billionaire who the heroine marries or pretend to be a couple and the heroine gets a chance to show off that she did better.

thanks guys!!!

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 7:27:38 AM PDT
Sunshine says:
Remember When by Judith McNaught

"When multinational tycoon Cole Harrison approached her on a moonlit balcony at the White Orchid Charity Ball, Diana Foster had no idea how extraordinary the night ahead would be. The most lavish social event of the Houston season had brought out American aristocracy, Texas-style, in glittering array. So, after losing her fiancé to a blond Italian heiress and reading about it in a sleazy gossip paper, the lovely Diana felt obliged to make an appearance-if only to save face and to bolster her company's image. Foster's Beautiful Living magazine was her family's sucess story, and Diana knew that, single, childless, and suddenly unengaged, she was not living up to its lucrative image of upscale domestic tranquility. A women of gentle grace and kindness, Diana deeply valued her privacy and her dignity, both of which were at risk that night among certain rumor-driven socialites. And now the pride of Dallas billionaires, Cole Harrison, was closing in on her with two crystal flutes and a bottle of champagne...

The tall, lithe former stableboy couldn't negotiate his way out of a contract with his crusty uncle, Cal-he had to bring home a wife, and soon, or see Cal's share of the business Cole had created go to an undeserving relative. A man as coolly analytical as he was arrestingly attractive, Cole decided that his bride-to-be should be rich in her own right, meltingly beautiful, and a woman of impeccable character... Diana Foster! It was the perfect to their respective dilemmas, and, after a lot of champagne for Diana and some skilled persuasion from Cole, their lips met in a long, slow, bargain-sealing kiss. Neither one dared imagine that a match made in logic's heaven might be headed straight for an unexpected, once-in-a-lifetime love..."

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 7:56:44 AM PDT
Kate Barley says:
The Passion Bargain (Harlequin Presents) by Michelle Reid. h engaged to OM who she sees cheating with her BF. The H steps in and claims the heroine for himself. I loved this one.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 8:12:13 AM PDT
In Remeber When she turns around a supports him when it looks like he will be found guilty of a financial crime. This is a good story.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 9:53:20 PM PDT
The Trophy Husband by Lynne Graham

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 2:15:00 AM PST
bump!!

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:12:01 PM PST
Charade by Nyrae Dawn

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 7:44:11 AM PST
Jean says:
Married By Mistake by Abby Gaines (and I believe it's still free right now).
The h is on a reality show designed to force her long-standing fiance to marry her. He turns her down on live TV and the H, the producer of the show, steps in and marries her - mostly for the ratings, but also because he felt sorry for her. Although he thinks it's a fake ceremony but it turned out to be legal.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:50:57 AM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Unlocked

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 7:02:24 PM PST
CMommy says:
Bad Rep H stands up for h to her father who constantly puts her down. H also stands up fraternity and sorority houses for the way they've treated her.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 8:39:46 PM PST
CMommy, did you find the h likeable? I read the sample and I found her annoying and juvenile. But maybe I'm just getting old cuz I don't get kids these days.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 9:51:08 PM PST
Banana Boat says:
If you enjoy a good laugh you may want to read Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie. It sort of fits what you're looking for but with a laugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 10:37:54 PM PST
CMommy says:
LazyAndIKnowIt's: No I did not. She ran and hid anytime something bad happened. She whined and cried and pushed the H away when things got hard. I still enjoyed the book regardless of the whiney little girl.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
Nora Roberts romance s 11 9 minutes ago
Australian Marriage Romance 0 10 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 2247 12 minutes ago
Find this book. It's driving me crazy to find it 10 18 minutes ago
BBA (a.k.a Books Are Not Babies) 5199 43 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #3 627 50 minutes ago
Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer. 51 58 minutes ago
Female Billionaire/ Millionares 14 1 hour ago
Free Today Second Edition 2626 2 hours ago
h grievously wounded through actions of H 37 2 hours ago
Mafia/ Mob Romance Books 14 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 17, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions