Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Hero has been looking for heroine.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 26 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 15, 2011 2:29:44 AM PST
Redwithabook says:
I'm looking for books that start with the hero who has been looking for the heroine ever since she left and finally finds her. All genres welcome! Thanks in advance!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 4:32:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2011 4:33:59 AM PST
V says:
Rescue Me by Christy Reece

**Spoilers**

The h was in love with the H when she was young. She some how managed to convince him she was someone else when they had sex for the first time. When the H found out he was furious and said some cruel things to her. She left him that night and was brutally attacked and raped by several men. She was found by a man who started a private agency called Last Chance Rescue. She was so damaged by the attack that she had to undergo plastic surgery. She trained and became an agent for LCR. During this whole time the H has been looking for her. When he finally meets her he doesn't recognize her because her face is totally different plus she had her name changed.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 6:28:32 AM PST
Dear Redwithabook:

A huge second for "Rescue Me." A favorite and my favorite book from this author.

Two excellent books with this theme that immediately come to mind are "To the Brink" by Cindy Gerard, and "Breaking Point" by Suzanne Brockmann. The first by Gerard is number 3 in a series but can be read as a stand-alone, and is her best in my opinion. Brockmann's is number 9 in her Troubleshooters series. Our couple, Max and Gina, first appeared in "Over the Edge," number 3 in the series. This whole series is excellent and I recommend reading it in order, even though technically you can probably read it on its own. Max and Gina are one of my all-time favorite couples. By the way, there is a big age-difference here.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 11:56:38 AM PST
Caitie Quinn says:
WOW! Rescue Me looks great!

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 12:08:07 PM PST
Sherylb says:
Love Christy Reece. If you like Rescue Me... keep going. She has 3 trilogies, all connected and they are great, #9 (and last one) is coming out in December!

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 12:52:58 PM PST
Rescue Me was fabulous. Her 6th book in the series also has this theme and is even better, in my opinion. Enjoy!

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 8:13:35 PM PST
Redwithabook says:
Thanks guys! I'll try those. Got anymore?

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 8:38:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2011 9:43:23 PM PST
Reviewer Aus says:
He he he, here I was, turning up to recommend Rescue Me: A Novel by Christy Reece, but I guess EVERYONE beat me to it!

In To the Brink (The Bodyguards, Book 3) by Cindy Gerard, the hero's ex-wife disappears while overseas, and he gathers together his brothers and friends to go find her. You can read this without reading books one and two first.
The hero used to be in the Special Forces, and some things that happened back then resulted in him completely pushing the heroine away, but he never wanted to divorce her. He stayed in love with her over the years.
He hasn't been looking for her the entire time since they broke up, but he's been keeping track of her life through her friends, watching out for her.

In Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series, the half-vampire heroine disappears at the end of the first book. The hero is a vampire, and she agrees to work for the FBI, hunting vampires, pretending she killed the hero in order to keep him safe.
In the second book he finally tracks her down after four years.
Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 1)
One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, Book 2)

Somewhere I'll Find You (Capitol Theatre) - Lisa Kleypas
Historical Romance. The hero and heroine were married off to each other as children, but the heroine didn't want that life and ran away and became a famous actress in a theatre in London. The hero doesn't recognise her at first - he falls in love with her not knowing she's actually his wife.

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 3) - JR Ward
Vampire Romance. In the previous book the heroine was abducted, and the warrior hero refuses to give up hope. In this one he finds her, imprisoned and tortured.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 8:45:32 PM PST
Redwithabook says:
Thanks! I love Jeanine frost and she was my inspiration for this thread. I remember trying Lover awakened and I just couldn't see him really caring for the h. Did it become more apparent as the book went on?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 9:07:01 PM PST
V says:
Redwithabook- Regarding "Lover Awakened", it's very obvious that Z cared about Bella. He became obssessed with finding her when she was kidnapped. He was very sweet and gentle with her once he rescued her.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011 11:06:24 PM PST
Redwithabook says:
Thanks, I'm going to have to retry that one. I know there was something I wasn't happy about in that book and I'm pretty sure it was something to do with the hero...

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 2:59:06 PM PST
T. Smith says:
Z did push Bella away and try to scare her off when they met in Lover Eternal. Maybe that's it.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 6:30:12 PM PST
K. Simmons says:
With regard to "Love Awakened", Zsadist has a REALLY bad reputation amongst the rest of the brotherhood because they believe he will kill women - but he doesn't. He has a tortured past himself - can't stand to be physically touched, starves himself, poor self-image, etc. But, with Bella, he wants so much more and is almost nurturing when they finally find her. All in all, it was quite a change to find an alpha hero with characterists like that. It's my favorite BDB novel. Check out the follow-up novella if you end up liking the story.

Posted on Nov 16, 2011 7:07:43 PM PST
Redwithabook says:
Thanks for all the info on it! I'm going to try a reread. :)

Posted on Jan 28, 2012 11:00:01 PM PST
Redwithabook says:
BUMP

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 10:10:54 AM PST
sab says:
maya banks' the darkest hour

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 3:54:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 29, 2012 3:56:30 PM PST
Blood Bought (Cruentus Dragons) by Brynn Paulin. I just started reading this one.

The h (Athena) of book 2 is the cousin of book 1. At the end of book 1, Athena's fiancee tried to kill her, she didn't know dragons existed, she wasn't thrilled with the idea that she was the mate of a dragon, her cousin wouldn't leave her mate, and she was bitten by another dragon who thought she was a provided of blood.

Needless to say she was a little freaked out. At the beginning of book 2 she is on the run from the H and has been for 6 months. They are both suffering from unfilled mating lust. I've just started the book but book 1 Dragon's Blood (Cruentus Dragons Series) was good.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 1:50:06 PM PST
Never a Mistress, No Longer a Maid (Kellington Book One)

Never a Mistress, No Longer a Maid fits this description. They meet during the battle of waterloo, but then the h is rushed home. H tries to find her, but h gave him a fictional name. They meet 6 years later..... I really enjoyed it, and lots of others did too given the number of 5* reviews

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 3:56:51 PM PST
The Maya Banks series has several that would fit, also try No Place to Run (A KGI Novel). Also by the same author, Wanted by Her Lost Love (Harlequin Desire) and Tycoon's Pregnant Mistress (Desire) (although the last title is not entirely correct, since the H was unaware the h was missing after he threw her out until he hears her name on the news that she had been kidnapped and just released by the kidnappers.

Posted on Feb 13, 2012 2:01:15 PM PST
Daisy's Choice (A Tale of Three Hearts) The hero has been searching for the Heroine for 5 years after she disappeared from Las Vegas and her fiancee. Its actually the sequel to Aiden's Game (A Tale of Three Hearts), but could be read as a stand alone. I really liked these books!

Posted on Feb 14, 2012 1:17:16 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2012 1:17:58 PM PST
Lovely D.M. says:
Comanche Heart by Catherine Anderson (H/h were childhood friends and sweethearts, then the war separated them. Twelve years later the hero is still looking for the heroine, then he thinks she died. Three years later he finds her unexpectedly and from there on the story really takes off)

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 6:29:20 PM PST
ebookfan says:
I posted this on another thread but it fits here as well. His Sin Just discovered this author and liked her writing.
Warning: this deals with the rape of the h by the H who is obsessed with her and although he didn't start out with the intention to force her, he loses control.
SPOILER*** I think the author did a great job letting us see the guilt and remorse felt by the H who looked for the h for six years with the intention of trying to make amends. We see how the rape affected the h with its consequences and how the H still loves the h and so he persues her love dreading the time when he has to tell her what he did and begs her forgiveness.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 2:24:36 AM PST
I'm sorry is this not the book where the 'Hero', and I use that term loosely, rapes the h who is about ten years younger than him at 16? So therefore when she is essentially a child? Not redeemable at all. And I suppose his 'guilt' doesn't lead him to, I don't know, confess to the police and actually serve an appropriate sentence for his crime?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 4:49:57 AM PST
ebookfan says:
That's the one. That's why I put in the warning and spoiler. However it fits this thread of H looking for the h.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 7:21:13 PM PST
fullybooked says:
This is the most bizarre book ever. Involving stranger rape turning into true love and ending with a disney travelogue HEA
angela
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  26
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions