Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Genius Heroines - allways thinks logically

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 1:08:30 PM PST
Looking for a heroine who is a genius or always thinks logically and the hero has to chase her? I hope this is not too much to ask for. I reach Nora Roberts the Witness and loved that slant for a romance. If you could help me I would appreciate it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:02:23 PM PST
Tiffany says:
I love nora roberts too. I always like how strong her heroines are. I just read intense insane in love by SD Becca and it was really really good. i did not want it to end. It's a little suspenseful because there are alot this happen but the writer doesn't tell you out right.

The hero is obessed with the heroine, who is strong, smart and successful. She has two men are chasing her. This book is an emotional read and very intense. I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for. It's not your typical fluffy romance novel. It's a little dark in a sensual way, but it's very addictive. I could not put it down. I read it all through the night. If you do check it out I would love to know what you thought about it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:23:04 PM PST
Thanks I will check it out. I like books where the heroine is anti social, standoffish and the hero has to do alot of convincing.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:43:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 3:44:31 PM PST
LTR says:
Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood is like this. Jordan is very smart and sold her computer company for big bucks. She's researching family history when she finds a dead guy in her trunk. She doesn't have a clue how much the H likes/loves her and it is really a good book.

ETA: hey, I just did my first product link! Cool!

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:50:48 PM PST
BethB says:
Slave to Sensation & Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2) both by Nalini Singh. Both hs are Psy, purely intelllectual until they meet their shifter mates.

No Regrets by Shannon Buthcher. h is a computer expert.

Getting What You Want (Stepp Sisters, Book 1) by Kathy Love. h is a scientist returning to the town where she and her sisters were bullied. LOVELY trilogy.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:19:39 PM PST
Gunspurs says:
Midsummer Moon by Laura Kinsale. The h is an inventor building a flying machine.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:28:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:31:38 PM PST
Banana Boat says:
Karen Rose writes great romantic suspense. You may enjoy her Die for Me. The h happens to be an archaeologist who is consulting for the police department on a horrific case. She's extremely bright. And since you enjoyed Nora Roberts Witness I'll ask if you've read her Birthright. Again, another archaeologist and very bright.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 10:47:53 PM PST
I LOVE this theme. Project Daddy had an extremely bright h who had no clue how the H felt. I have a hard time finding books like this without some sort of thriller/suspense storyline (which I dislike)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 12:51:10 AM PST
misty9 says:
Lazy,
who is the author of Project Daddy?

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:23:09 AM PST
NathalieM says:
The Spymaster's Lady-Love, love, love this book! I saw it @ the library for a long time & I didnt like the cover (too cheesy) + the synopsis on the back wasnt enticing so nevr bothr to take a look but 1 day I checkd out the book & told myself if didnt like the 1st few chapters then just return it...soooo happy to stick 2 it coz this book turned out to be 1 of my 10 faves of all books!
I've nevr read a book where the h is a genius-this is the only one & I love this thread coz I do want to read more books in the theme :)
Ok back 2 this story: h's a spy since she was 8 yrs old? (Dont remembr the exact age) I cant say too much coz it'll spoil the whole book if I disclosed how smart she is.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:35:59 AM PST
NathalieM says:
'The Witness' sounds really good...Going 2 chk it out from my local library & if I love it, I'll buy it 4 my collection :) That's what I did 4 'The Spymaster' s Lady'.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 4:18:13 AM PST
Is this book on contemporary, or historical?
Thanks!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:19:16 AM PST
Sorry - I meant Spymaster's Lady.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 5:46:24 AM PST
hiksbozon says:
The Spymaster's Lady is historical :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 9:49:37 AM PST
NathalieM says:
Hi Rowan K,
U already have ur answer :) & I just want 2 add that the H is so strong on his own way...also love the opening of the story & how the author builds their relationship...they dont fall 4 each othr riht away...Love how u realizd @ the end who she is...haaa...time 2 pull it out & re-re-read it again! ;)
Nath

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 1:38:53 PM PST
Thank you, Nath.
I prefer contemporary (with the exceptions of Winter Garden and Lily), but you have intrigued me.
Click :-)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:41:33 PM PST
Arghh! Not on Kindle :-(((

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 2:51:03 PM PST
@Misty9-author of Project Daddy is Kate Perry. Cute read.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 11:53:13 PM PST
NathalieM says:
Hello Rowan K.,
R u talking about 'The Spymaster's Lady'? Where do u live? 'coz we do have the ebook in the US but they might not offer it in another country (my copy is paperback). If I have it in ebook, I won't mind to let u borrow it but it's not even lendable... :-(

If u love 'Lily' by Patricia Gaffney then u'll love this one too 'coz I love 'Lily'!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Nath

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 1:32:40 AM PST
Hello Nath
I'm in Australia, so maybe Spymaster's
Lady is not available to us electronically (although it usually shows as a Kindle option for others with the caveat "not available in your country" or something like that).
Thanks anyway - Seaon's Greetings to you as well!!
Ro

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 1:36:34 AM PST
Well. Blow me down. I went back and had another look and - there it was, available on Kindle.
Off to read it now...thanks for the recommendation :-)
Ro

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:15:42 AM PST
Teresa says:
Go Fetch (Magnus Pack). The h is supersmart and dangerous. The H loves her, and has to make her belive it, as the h doesn't belive in love. This book was so funny, at times I laughed until I cried.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 5:49:07 PM PST
Meriemel says:
Nobody's Baby But Mine (Chicago Stars / Bonner Brothers) the heroine is super smart. she want to have a baby by herself, but doesn't want her baby to grow up like a freak because of his intelligence. so she decide to find a stupid man (to balance her intelligence), make a baby and disappear.
hero find out and oblige heroine to marry him.
this is one of the best book i ever read; it has angst and it's very very funny in the same time. you won't regret reading it!

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:37:31 PM PST
mackenzies mission by linda howard has a genius h who is socially akward. i did a search for linda howard as i couldn't remember the title but only found the audible link. it comes both as a separate title and bundled with a bunch of good books.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:06:21 PM PST
NathalieM says:
Bump! Anymore suggestions?
(I'm reading 'The Witness' & loving it! -Almost done...Adding so many recs to my TBR pile now:)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions