Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Heroes that grovel correctly *Possible Spoilers*

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2010 11:05:56 PM PDT
weathered1 says:
Nicky - thanks so much! It sounds like there's a relatively good balance between the pain and the efforts to reconcile, which is good news (to me). Normally, this wouldn't be the kind of book that I'm drawn to, but you've made it sound so great that I really think that I'm going to have to request this one from PBS. Thank you again for all of your help! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2010 7:34:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 25, 2010 7:35:18 AM PDT
TX Reader says:
weathered1, (the marriage bed)

Nicky is right on the money. His words and actions are more cruel because of the way she feels about him . She loves him very much and always has.

The confrontation scene, IMO, is one of the most anguished scene that I have read.

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 11:00:11 AM PDT
Double D says:
There is no OW in it right? It sounds so good, but if he has a mistress or something I don't want to read it.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2010 11:34:59 AM PDT
Double D, Good news... There is NO OW! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2010 5:53:25 PM PDT
Double D says:
I couldn't wait so that is what I did all afternoon. I read the Marriage Bed. It was very good. Definitely a keeper. Thank all of you for the recommendation. And thank goodness no OW or LOOOONG separation. :)

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 9:31:08 PM PDT
Im so glad you liked it Double D! :D

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 12:38:59 PM PDT
Double D says:
SPOILERS AHEAD

OMG! I cried so hard when Emma killed herself over that stupid man. I felt so sorry for her. And then when Louisa that she should do that, it was very touching. I loved Neil and I wish he had his own book when he grew up. He was so cute and I loved all his thoughts. It was very touching. Something I don't think I would normally have read even though I used to like MOC books. I liked them when there was no OW but now it seems that is the norm and I usually avoid them. Thank you for the rec.

I also read The Making of a Gentleman this weekend and while it doesn't fit this forum, it was just awesome. Almost as good a hero as Lord Ian. :}

Posted on Oct 26, 2010 7:58:54 PM PDT
Reader says:
Double D:

"Almost as good as Lord Ian"....wow tells us more!!!

Posted on Oct 27, 2010 4:01:30 PM PDT
Double D says:
Oh Lord Ian is my all time favorite hero at this point in time. I just love him and want one of my own someday! :}

SPOILERS INCLUDED MAYBE:

But in the Making of a Gentleman, Armand, the H has been in a prison for 12 years since he was a young boy. His Family had either been killed or scattered in the French Revolution and he was unable to talk due to some traumatic events. All he could do was make sounds and stuff. He understood some of the words but he could not communicate. So his brother, the H of Book 1, hires a 'tutor/governess' for him to try and help him learn to speak again. She plays the pianoforte and he hears her and he comes to the room and when he touches her, he feels no pain like he feels when anyone else touches him. It is so romantic as he learns to communicate his feelings with her and talks about the 'rules', and while he may sound a little simple, he truly isn't. He is just honest and he LOVES the h so much. He was also very intelligent and highly educated before his family was destroyed. I know a lot of people don't like it when the H says "Mine" but I do, and he does it in such a way that I was almost swooning!!! :} And when they come together, neither have 'done it' before, it is very sensual and sweet. I just loved his character so much and there were times he reminded me of Ian. I don't know why, but he did. I think it was his honesty and just speaking his mind. I really loved this book. And there is a mystery running though it too of course that keeps your attention.

Not so much the first book in the series, but this one made me almost get over the ansgt I have been experiencing due to reading too much of Michelle Reid, Lynne Graham and Julia James (I really don't like Julia James books, and they need to come with a big warning for people who don't like OW at all). It was a nice break. And much needed.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 7:55:02 PM PDT
Double D, "The Making of Gentleman" sounds really good. I'm going to PBS and see if I can order it. Oh, your all time favorite hero "lord Ian", which book are you talking about? Thank you for a spoiler !

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 8:34:04 PM PDT
Double D says:
The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Leisure Historical Romance) is one of my all time favorite books. But it is very different. I have read it like three times. You have to read it but be prepared for the unusual hero. I hope you like it. There really isn't grovelling though because both these heroes are attracted to the h and no one else from the beginning and they are honest.

I guess I am messing up by putting them here, but they are so good.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 8:39:04 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
I love Ian! He is just so sweet and I reeeaaallly liked the book. So much that I was a bit disappointed by the next, I have just started The Making of a Gentleman and I can tell this is another I will really enjoy. Thanks Double D! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 8:56:06 PM PDT
Double D says:
It is so good! I hope you enjoy it too. There will be no matching Lord Ian ever i don't think. I am waiting to see how she is going to write the two remaining brothers and how she is going to make the Duke a hero. I personally did like the sequel but not as much as the first one. Mac was hot though and loved his wife very much and of course he didn't cheat and that makes me do cartwheels when it happens. I know the word 'circus freak' may apply to me. :}

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2010 9:05:40 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
I liked Isabella and Mac but it did not have the same intensity as Ian's did for me. I did enjoy it and I am very interested in where she is going with the Duke.

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 9:53:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 29, 2010 6:20:21 PM PDT
Thank you Double D!
Gosh.... I'm going to order The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie too !
I'm a slow reader...box after box of TBR... and when I see the good story, I just can't stop ordering more and my TBR order keep changing too. It makes me dizzz..y !

Oh, I read all kinds of unusual heros so I'm prepared alright !! ^.^

Posted on Oct 29, 2010 4:27:59 PM PDT
Reader says:
I loved both of those books but my favorite was Mac. Talk about groveling!!!! I want a Mac of my very own. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2010 2:42:12 PM PDT
Double D says:
Reader: I loved how he painted in that old kilt! I could picture him so clearly! And I do think he was hot!!! And very sorry for his behavior. And plus he never cheated. Never. Did I say that before? :}

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2010 4:24:12 PM PDT
Reader says:
Double D:

I know!!!! Novel isn't it? A hero that is completely faithful even through a separation. He was just so funny too, I loved him with the baby and the end. I was cheering for him from the very start of the book. There is no question that he was sorry. Definately a swoon worthy H. Can't wait for the others....hurry up, Mrs. Ashley!!!!

Any other H like him that people can think of? I like when a story starts in the middle sort of like with Mac and Isabella. Sometimes the courtships can go on forever. I like that the characters had already established a relationship and the there was already an issue between them and one of them had to prove thier love (or grovel). Any suggestions?

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 9:45:39 AM PST
Reader says:
Just finished The Marriage Bed and I must say that I was so surprised that the author pulled off the end! At first I was so hurt that for the h, especially the "leave me alone to regreat marring you" comment. Like the h, that was the last straw for me and was so proud of her packing! In my head I was tellling the kids to stop messing around so she can finish packing and leave the SOB. Alas, everything worked out fine. Great groveling, loved the book!

Did anyone else get the feeling that the H character completely changed though? As soon as he was trying to win her back it was like he developed this great sense of humor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2010 10:57:21 AM PST
RomReader says:
who's the author of Marriage Bed?

Posted on Nov 16, 2010 12:27:15 PM PST
Reader says:
Stephanie Mittman

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2010 12:28:03 PM PST
ali-luv says:
Laverly Spencer. I also finished it this last weekend. It was a good book, but I just had to read something more up lifting after that one!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2010 12:35:55 PM PST
Reader says:
It was brutal wasn't it? I mean, how can you compete with a ghost? I felt horrible for her but was so happy when she stood up for herself. You're right though, on to uplifting grovels. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2011 9:29:09 AM PST
ali-luv says:
Hi who's the author? please.

Posted on Jan 20, 2011 9:41:56 AM PST
Reader says:
For the book with Lord Ian? Jennifer Ashley is the author, the book is called "The Madness of Lord Ian." Great book, great series, highly recommend it. Next book is due out this summer...I can't wait!!!!
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 284 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
105 Jun 10, 2014
books I'd like to see on Kindle 49 49 minutes ago
Please suggest romances in which the heroine saves not only... 4 1 hour ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #3 6304 1 hour ago
Loan Me Thread V. 6 5046 1 hour ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 6159 2 hours ago
Mafia/ Mob Romance Books 116 3 hours ago
A message to all on Romance forum 32 4 hours ago
2014 A to Z Book Title Challange 65 4 hours ago
2014 Author Challenge 43 4 hours ago
Second Chance Romance 3449 4 hours ago
ILLNESS 39 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  391
Total posts:  7083
Initial post:  Sep 4, 2010
Latest post:  4 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 126 customers

Search Customer Discussions