Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fans of k-dramas... please help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 3650 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 10, 2012 6:27:39 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2012 8:29:21 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2012 10:17:10 PM PDT
@GMB: I really liked Best Love. It's a Hong Sisters drama, which for me almost always means good things. I think the h is adorable, and I've really enjoyed her in other dramas like Pasta. But the H is what makes this drama for me. Dokko Jin is just the most hilarous, over the top egomaniac. But his love and obesession for the h just completely baffles him at first, and then once he excepts it he's all in. I really liked the second lead in this one too, and honestly in some moments could really root for him to get the girl, but then Dokko would come on with his larger then life persona and I was once again firmly in his corner. This was just such a sweet feel good drama. Typing about it makes me want to check it out again because there were some seriously laugh out louds moments for me with this one. I really think I smiled through pretty much the whole thing. This is a GREAT recommendation! Thanks for bringing it up!

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 2:57:22 AM PDT
cbela says:
hey all...im starting to watch the ultimate audition..so far seems good reminds me of ur beautiful n dream high kdramas. :)

Posted on Apr 11, 2012 1:27:14 PM PDT
Lovely D.M. says:
I discovered a J drama called "Switch Girl" and I really like it.
This has short (half hour) episodes, and 8 episodes in all (wish it was longer). I can't find the English subs for episodes 7 and 8 (the last two episodes), and it's driving me crazy lol. It's so good, hilarious (in a bit of a cartoon-ish way) and romantic. The heroine does some embarrassing stuff, but she is so funny and likable. And I have a crush on Arata, the hero. So I definitely recommend this romantic comedy. But if anyone has watched it, can you tell me where to find episodes 7 and 8 with English subs? please!

As for "Hungry" it was okay, but it was a cooking show (the romantic aspect or romance was a small part, and by the end nothing was really resolved). So if you're in the mood for a cooking show then this series is entertaining. But if you want a balance of romance/character and cooking- or a romantic show first- then you will probably not find this show as interesting.

Adnana thanks for the info., I don't like shows where the H/h are friends until the last five minutes, so now I will put off watching "Prosecutor Princess". I guess my next drama will be "greatest love" or "best love", since it sounds like a good drama. Here's to hoping it will be to my liking!

Happy drama/romance watching

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 4:04:55 PM PDT
Adnana says:
Re: "Prosecutor Princess"
They're not friends until the last minute, just for the better part of the drama. They don't, however, become a romantic couple until the last 5 minutes of the drama.

*minor SPOILERS follow*

When they're finally in love with each other (which happens cca. ep 10 for him and ep 11 for her), they're kept apart by exterior factors, so they never become a couple or openly acknowledge that they love each other (in all fairness, though, the fact that they DO love each other, and deeply, does color the way they react to the major events taking place in their lives, and it is also something that they are both aware of, only they don't openly acknowledge it to each other).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 10:12:22 PM PDT
D.M.: I'd still check out Prosecutor Princess. The H "helps" the h pretty much through the whole drama. And even though you know that something is up with him, you can tell that he really is caring about her. Considering the secret he is keeping, I couldn't help but believe that he loved the h from VERY early on. I admit that my Park Shi Hoo bias may be coming in to play, but he really does spend the whole drama comforting and fixing things for her. His motives aren't completely pure, but he really loves her in spite of himself. He's conflicted. And she's clueless. By the time it all comes out, she's fallen for him too. But the secret is devestating for their relationship. But its still not enough to keep them apart in the end. I liked this drama a lot.

Best Love is probably the better of the two, but Prosecuter Princess is still worth watching IMO.

I'm interested in what you think of Dokko from Best Love. I just find him completely hilarious. There were moments when I seriously couldn't believe how completely egomaniacal he was, and yet it was still somehow endearing to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 11:32:22 PM PDT
Jae says:
reader123
glad you liked it :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2012 11:36:55 PM PDT
Jae says:
@rashnell
I have to agree with your statement..kdrama is indeed addicting :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 12, 2012 6:11:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 12, 2012 8:24:04 AM PDT
Adnana says:
Spectator51,
Yay for yet another newly-minted k-drama fan! And since you're new to this genre, I envy you for all the great k-dramas out there that you are yet to discover. I feel like I've already watched all the best ones which appeal to me...;(

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 10:35:32 AM PDT
Lovely D.M. says:
Thanks for the info guys, I still have "Prosecutor Princess" on my want to watch list, so sometime later I will try it. Right now I am watching "Greatest Love" and I must say Rashell when you said he was an egomaniac I thought you were exaggerating, but you weren't lol. He's a crazy egomaniac lol. And I didn't warm up to his character in the beginning at all, but I'm glad that I didn't stop watching. After episode 1 I skipped to episode 5, and starting with episode 5 this series becomes very good! I love how the hero is chasing after the heroine but saying all the wrong things to her, so she ends up angry and hurt. I'm at episode 7 now, hopefully the hero will be there for the heroine (it seems that he's finally coming to terms accepting that he's in love with her).

Oh and when I was checking for drama updates, I found "Absolute Boyfriend" but this time it's a T-drama remake of the J version. So of course I was curious since I liked the J version. I watched the first episode and I like it so far, Night is hot, but it's still to early to tell how this will turn out. I am looking forward to episode 2.

And there's still no subs for episode 7 and 8 of Switch Girl :(
It's a good thing that the ending of episode 6 makes a very satisfying ending to the mini series, or else I would have gone crazy. I'm still sad, but at least it feels like I've watched a complete story (I'm consoled by that fact lol). I will still continue to check it out every few days though.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012 11:00:05 AM PDT
@D.M.: Ha...I did try to warn you. I just found Dok Ko Jin hysterical. Maybe because Ae Jung is so down to earth and sweet it makes the contrast between the two awesome. I don't want to spoil anything for you, so I won't say too much more. I'm totally interested in what you think once you're done though.

Posted on Apr 13, 2012 11:18:46 AM PDT
Lovely D.M. says:
Once I'm done watching it, I'll come back with my report Rashell :)

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 10:13:07 AM PDT
So I broke down and started watching King2Hearts with Lee Sueng Gi (My Girl Friend is a Gumiho) and Ha Ji Won (Secret Garden) mostly because I've really liked them in their last dramas, and it's adorable so far. I'm only 2 episodes in, but I'm already engaged with the characters. Sueng Gi plays Jae Ha, who is the crown prince of South Korea. And Ji Won plays Hang-ah, who is a North Korean soldier. They meet up in a practice for a war games competition where the North and South are going to compete as one team. She's this awesome tough chick and he's the bratty little man-child. But she so has his number on the battlefield, and he has hers in the romantic department. Because she's so tough, she hasn't had really any experience with guys and he can manipulate her with that. But she can kick the crap out of him. Anyway so far I'm loving it.

I know I'll regret once I run out of new episodes, but oh well. Besides I need to get used to watching in real time because I know I won't be able to wait for Lee Min Ho's new drama. And I read that Gong Yoo (Coffee Prince) is signed to be in the new Hong Sisters (My Girl, Best Love, MGIAG, ect.) drama this summer that I'll also have to watch as it airs. Now I just need Park Shi Hoo to be in a drama this summer and I'll have the trifecta. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 12:10:59 PM PDT
aly says:
I'm really excited for King2Hearts. But haven't watched it yet. I'm waiting for it to finish so I can marathon a twenty hour watchathon. I'll be so loopy afterwards :) I've been stalking dramabeans for the recaps though and I love it so far. I hope that YA entertainment chooses it for one of their dvd selections. I have a feeling it will be a rewatch over and over for me. And watching on the computer is just plain hard sometimes.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012 3:05:46 PM PDT
Rum says:
I caved in and watched K2H a few weeks ago thinking its 16ep series only to find out its 20 yay and oh no theres gonna be alot of subtitle stalking and refreshing going on for new subs every week. I'm uptodate with the drama and already hate waiting a week for the next episodes.Why so long. Anyway rant over, I'm loving it and please tell me when did Lee Seung Gi get so hot. I stil remember him from 1N2D and his mishaps.lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2012 5:33:18 PM PDT
@Aly: That marathon is what I'm trying to avoid this time. Between work, husband, and kids my drama watching is getting done at night and sleep deprivation is becoming an issue. :) Maybe watching week to week will help with that even though I've gotten so spoiled being able to just jump to the next episode if I want to.

@Rum:I'm going to be right there with you within a week I'm sure. But I really like King2Hearts so far. Lee Sueng Gi is still in the adorable cute zone for me, but I do love him. I miss him on 1N2D too. Although Uhm Tae Woong and Joo Won are two hotties in the place of one. I love Korean tv across the board at this point.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 8:12:59 AM PDT
So I wanted to come reccomend a drama called Ojakkgyo Brothers. This drama is a family drama about 4 brothers and their lives. It's longer then most dramas at 58 (I think) episodes. But it is soooo good. The oldest brother drives me batty (not my favorite) but he's this bumbling dork who is pretty much the spineless loser of the family. You feel sorry for him, but he kind of brings it on himself. The second brother is the "perfect" one. He has a great job as a news caster, and just seems to have the world at his feet. The third brother (my favorite) is a cop and he's kind of cold and detached. The last brother is the baby of the family and he's kind of what you would expect a little spoiled and bratty.

All the brothers have love interests, but it's the third brother who is the main H of the story. And like I said he's a cop so for that and other reason he's kind of cold and unemotional. Except when it comes to the h. He's everything a great kdrama H should be. He's loving and possessive and protective and willing to lay himself pretty much at the h feet. Once he's willing to admit to having feelings of course. ANyway its sooo good so far.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012 8:24:12 AM PDT
Oh, I forgot to say that you can watch full subbed episodes at youtube. Just search for O. Br Eng Sub. There are also vidoes of just the Tae Hee (brother 3)/ Ja Eun cuts that are subbed if you just want those parts. Oh and the H is played by Joo Won of 1N2D fame. That's how I found this..he's a hottie. Kind of reminds me of Kim So Hyun who played Hwon from Moon that Embraces the Sun.

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 12:59:46 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 11, 2012 6:17:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 1:10:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2012 8:37:12 PM PDT
@GMB: I just finished episode 9 of King2Hearts. And I'm loving it too. So I have a question for you. Did they have sex in episode 8? With Kdrama it's so hard to tell, but they were definitely in her bed and he looked naked. She was wearing a nightgown of some sort, but still. They did it, right? Even for Kdrama that scene was so ambigious. I'm not sure if they both passed out from exhaustion or if they "comforted" eachother with some lovin. Nothing was said about the situation so I'm so confused. Your thoughts would be greatly apreciated.
(Never mind, this question is anwered in episode ten...sssoooobbb...won't spoil except to say that this drama is killing me.)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 1:49:47 PM PDT
AnekaTX says:
I am now just jumping on this bandwagon (been a huge Thai lakorn fan for a long time). I started with City Hunter. Now I am on Episode 2...really loving it. But before I waste 20 hours on it, can someone tell me if this has a HEA? Unlike Thai lakorns, K-dramas don't always have a happy ending:(

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 3:33:46 PM PDT
Yes, City Hunter has a HEA

Posted on Apr 19, 2012 3:54:34 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 19, 2012 3:55:29 PM PDT
aly says:
@GMB~thank you. I saw that they took request but you never know if they actually listen to them. I will definately give it a shot. I've been purchasing some dramas recently not from YA. I was and still am kinda leery. But very satisfied with my purchases so far. I've actually, in the past few days, saw Myung Wol the Spy and Heartstrings up for sell. I'm waiting on reviews of someone who has purchased the sets to see how good or bad the quality may be.

@AnekaTX~ I think if you go back earlier in this thread there are some semi spoilers for City Hunter. Not too bad, but might help you decide if you want to spend the 20 hrs or not watching. Me, personally, I loved it :)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 8:39:38 PM PDT
@AnekaTX:There is an HEA for the H and h in City Hunter, and seriously this is one of my FAVORITE kdramas (and not just because of Lee Min Hot). I'll almost guarantee that you won't feel like you wasted even one of those 20 hours. And most likely you'll be begging for more when those hours come to an end.

Oh City Hunter, how I just love everything about you!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 19, 2012 10:19:52 PM PDT
Adnana says:
It is true that, unfortunately, K-dramas (unlike lakorns) don't always end with a HEA for the hero and heroine. But if you want to avoid those dramas, you can always ask for feedback before you start watching. "City Hunter" does have a happy ending and it is a drama I highly recommend to you.

One other thing: in my initial post, I too was very determined that I only wanted to watch dramas with a happy ending. However, gradually, I changed my mind. There are some really GREAT K-dramas out there that do not have the romantic HEA, but which are still well worth watching. Like "The Snow Queen" or "49 Days" or "A Love to Kill". Or even "Stairway to Heaven" (which annoyed the heck out of me, but is an undeniable Hallyu gem). These dramas aren't counted among my favorites (for that category, a non-HEA is still a disqualifying criterion), but neither do I regret watching them (in fast-forward). And it really helps if I know from the start that there won't be a happy ending; at least, this way, I don't get disappointed.
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 146 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  85
Total posts:  3650
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2012
Latest post:  1 day ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers

Search Customer Discussions