Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Self promotion is not permitted by Amazon, except in the Meet Our Authors forum!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 11, 2011 5:56:01 PM PST
Tosh says:
Bump

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 9:09:06 PM PST
bump

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 10:53:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2011 10:53:55 PM PST
Karlyn says:
Night all, bump

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 12:56:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 12:57:44 AM PST
I don't think anyone but you would read into my post(s) 'threat', 'kiss behind', 'whining' or 'spam'. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to request being left alone re put-downs in areas relating to their family background or work. I don't do it with you, and I requested the same courtesy in return. Simple.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 1:21:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 2:21:34 AM PST
You've done nothing BUT be insulting. And then you slap a smiley on it like that's charming. You're CONSTANTLY talking down to people you didn't listen to in the first place.

You've threatened me twice. It's almost like you're afraid to read any source but yourself.

"I think it's time you changed your tune, ginmar." Yeah, do you expect ANYBODY to think that's anything BUT a threat?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 1:37:37 AM PST
Yeah, sure. Count how many battles you have with numerous people on these boards, then count how many I have. Then you'll be getting closer to the truth of what's going on here. Regardless, I still don't think it's unreasonable to request you to leave me alone with put-downs re my family background and work.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 2:14:37 AM PST
spartakboro says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 2:19:37 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 2:20:26 AM PST
Doesn't matter. Self promotion is not allowed outside of MOA. You've also spammed one other forum so far.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 2:25:02 AM PST
'Merest?' Nice turn of phrase you have there for your usual overkill tactics.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 2:41:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 2:42:21 AM PST
Hi spartaknoro,
As a fellow writer you're better off announcing your wares on the link below (MOA - Meet our Authors forum), where you'll get more support for it. Amazon had a clamp down on self-promos months back and so you'll get scant support for your books outside of that, and Amazon will likely delete your promo posts anyway. Shame that Amazon don't give clearer advice for new writers, but there it is.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_topf_t?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 2:56:18 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 3:12:37 AM PST
Kate Barley says:
Amazon sets the rules for the fora. Beachbaby is only reminding you of them.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 3:49:25 AM PST
Hardly a threat, but maybe you thrive on 'conflict' and riding issues to death. I'm not so keen, thanks, nor is it comfortable for onlookers. For what it's worth, I DO think your task with trying to stop the flood of self-promos is often thankless and tiresome and puts you in far more of an awkward situation than it should; but try not to let that spill over and tinge your opinion of writers in general. As I've said many times before, I think it's Amazon's duty to hands-on moderate themselves, and in the absence of that it's left open to a messy situation for all concerned. I'm sorry that you so often find yourself at the forefront of that.

So at this point I'd like to bid you farewell and a Merry Christmas and hopefully end things on a more positive note.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 4:12:19 AM PST
You're the issuer of the threat, why on earth do you think people would or should accept your own self forgiveness?

Thanks, just what I need. More patronizing platitudes. Here's a tip: old hostilities don't go away when you slap smileys and 'Merry Christmas' on them while you refuse to acknowledge your actions.

You've threatened me twice now, and you busily re-write history when confronted. There will not be any 'positive' note until you start listening. You simply refuse to accept any criticism at all. Your behavior, as a result, gets worse.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 5:04:44 AM PST
Siiiilent night.... Hooooly night...

Merry Christmas!!! (again :) :) :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 8:38:09 AM PST
beachbaby says:
spartakboro,

"Initial post: May 17, 2011 7:34:18 PM PDT
Amazon Community Team says:

Amazon recently created a new community for authors. The `Meet Our Authors' community is designed to give authors a space to engage with one another and promote their latest and greatest works.

With the advent of the new community, we will no longer allow self promotional posts in other communities. Starting on Saturday, May 14th, all "shameless self promotion" activity will be limited to the `Meet Our Authors' community. Promotional threads outside of these forums will be removed.

We invite authors and interested readers to come join the discussion at:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors

We look forward to seeing you!

Amazon's rules not mine. "Shameless self-promotion" - was a direct quote from Amazon's announcement (see above). If you don't like their verbiage I suggest you contact customer service.

Best of luck to you with your writing endeavors!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 8:49:58 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 12, 2011 9:01:35 AM PST]

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 11:49:26 AM PST
My goodness, the thriller forum is gasping it's last dying breath. I visited a few threads and saw almost nothing but self-promotional posts. I made by usual comment about the TOS and reported them for abuse. Not even a hour went by and I noticed new posts on two of the threads. Immediately below my "your post is a violation of Amazon's TOS" posts were MORE self-promotions! WTH!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 11:51:15 AM PST
Karlyn says:
Another forum bites the dust, thanks spammers. Odds are they're not selling carp either as who is visiting that section anymore besides the spammers?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 11:59:15 AM PST
Believe it or not one reader replied to a post that I made and told me the forum was dying because of spammers AND posts by "self-appointed forum cops like me." I didn't even bother to reply because as the comedian Ron White said "you can't fix stupid."

I would copy the OP of this thread and start one on the thriller forum but I just can't see there being enough dedicated readers over there to give it the support it needs. As you said, there probably aren't any readers over there anymore, just spammers.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 12:06:44 PM PST
I try to hie myself to the thriller and mystery forum ever so often. However, other than those threads identified by posters in this forum, I do not click on any others. Currently, I am not reading either, although, I can go back on a 30 odd year spree of reading mysteries and thrillers. I am happy to go over participate in threads or when alerted here that there are self promoter to go over click abused. Given that we kept the romance forum going, there is a good chance, we could help others. Ginmar, Lady Vixen and Janet do a great job alerting is. Keep it up, maybe just maybe we can help keeping those fora free of self promotion.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 12:11:48 PM PST
Leave your 'Just sayin' on the playground, Christa.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 12:53:09 PM PST
Maroonmind says:
pardon?

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 5:05:20 PM PST
Karlyn says:
bump
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 155 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  126
Total posts:  3860
Initial post:  Nov 16, 2011
Latest post:  Aug 16, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions