Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3851-3875 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:34:09 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 27, 2012 8:21:50 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:07:36 AM PST
K. McGee says:
The Kindle Daily Deal today is
Devil's Bride (Cynster Novels)

I have this in paperback but don't mind buying it again so I can have it on my Kindle.

I'm in my 40's and when I was a kid there was no such thing as the internet or even cable television. Everyone had an antenna on their roof and there were 3 channels to watch. I went to a small rural school and our library at the school was extremely small - less than 100 books so the bookmobile was a HUGE deal to me. It came every 2 weeks and we were allowed to get two books at a time. We were allowed in to the bookmobile in pairs and I always paired with Keith Wardrip because he wasn't a huge reader and would check out an extra book (or sometimes even TWO!) for me so I could have at least three books to read.

I don't think I'm ever going to get over the absolute WONDER of sitting in my pajamas in my house in the boonies and I can buy any book I'm in the mood for - no waiting for the bookstore or library to open, no waiting for it to come in the mail. I can order it up and in less than two minutes I'm reading it. It's MAGIC!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:51:57 AM PST
LAB says:
Have not read this but it is free today and it looked good so I grabbed it.

Heartless

A dark stranger....
Finding herself abandoned after the death of her father, Leandra Harcourt takes the greatest risk of her life. She accepts the marriage proposal of a complete stranger, the Duke of Derringer-a man the world calls Lord Heartless.

A heartless proposal....
A desperate girl with no prospects seems the perfect solution to Derringer's most recent problem: marry before his 30th birthday to gain his rightful inheritance, though marriage is the last thing he needs. The need to find his missing cousin takes priority over any silly marriage and he quickly abandons his new bride in the wreck of his family estate.

A perfect love....
Two people were never more suited for each other than the duke and his wife, but will they discover it before it's too late? With an assassin dogging his heels and a suitor wooing his wife, love will not have the luxury of time.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:14:56 AM PST
Lord Rose says:
Across A Moonlit Sea (Pirate Wolf series) by Marsha Canham is free again.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:41:26 AM PST
Krista Lyn says:
Mine at Midnight by Jacquie D'Allessandro is FREE today. I really love this author and this is a short, but very sweet "opposites attract" book. It was previously published in the anthology Stroke of Midnight.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:47:30 AM PST
Krista Lyn says:
K. McGee,
The Kindle IS magic! Thanks for the reminder of how far we've come. One of the most profoundly life changing inventions for book lovers:) I loved your post....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:08:45 AM PST
L. Burns says:
K. McGee - tsk, tsk - using *poor* Keith for that extra book (smart girl!)

Your post made me smile. It was my older sister's job to walk me down to the library once a week so I could get pick out seven books (that was the max allowed). They never lasted the full week :( Other kids dreamed of big houses, expensive clothes, etc., but I always swore that when/if I had money I would buy as many books as I wanted! Love my kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:37:12 AM PST
Thanks, Krista! I love her too.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:54:19 AM PST
K. McGee-you made me feel young again or old? I choose young. I lived in a small town, but the library was small and the limit was four books a week. I walked to the library every Saturday to get four more books. LOVE my kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:22:01 AM PST
foxtail_too says:
Great post, K McGee! Don't we live in a wonderful time!

I'm older than you (57) and remember the 2 or 3 TV channels, and the static when they went off the air at midnight. (I told my nephew about this recently, and he asked me why we didn't just watch videos after midnight...)

I don't remember my small town library having lending limits. I do, however, remember the librarian calling my mom when I wanted to check out adult books at age 11 or 12.

Besides being able to buy books instantly from my bathtub, I also like the space saving aspect of the Kindle. I have boxes and boxes of books that I don't have room for in my house. I've actually gotten rid of some dtbs, as I can't see myself ever holding and reading them again!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 9:42:55 AM PST
Tina says:
Awww the bookmobile. I remember those days with a smile. But i also walked the 20 blocks to the library often. being a military brat i moved alot, but i can say I had a library card at every place I have lived since I can remember. even as an adult i still keep up the pratice but now there is KINDLE. yeah!! i adore my kindle.
@foxtail--where else can you shop for books in the nude and not get arrested.
LOL, and the 3 channels. Every channel went off at 11:30 where I was at and if you flipped the channel real fast you could catch the national anthem on all 3 as the stations went off the air. Well, usually 2 of them. How else did you know it was bedtime. No wonder my bedtime is so messed up now.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:55:36 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
I've been watching this one, and it's supposedly free for two days: If I Can't Have You.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:50:05 PM PST
Bill Bee says:
Tina - I am a military (Army) brat too and I also had a library card where ever we lived. And I still prefer to get books from the library since I have already paid for them through my taxes. But my Kindle is my next choice. I don't usually shop for books nude, but that is because I am a 65 year old guy and not that photogenic. LOL! - Bill

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:00:47 PM PST
Tate says:
Thanks Krista Lyn! JD's one of my favs:)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:29:00 PM PST
There's actually quite a few free books today that I found:

The Princess' Dragon Lord by Mandy Rosko
California Caress by Rebecca Sinclair
Too Darn Hot by Pamela Burford
Sherry's Wolf by Maddy Barone
The Ultimate Merger by Delaney Diamond

I have not read any of the above-mentioned books so I cannot give a recommendation.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 9:05:35 PM PST
flipoid says:
I know the deal for Stephanie Laurens' Devil's Bride is almost over, but I just thought everyone should be aware that in December 2011 there was a version of this book titled "Devil's Bride with Bonus Material" that was $0.99. It's no longer listed in the Kindle Store; just make sure if you're considering buying today's Daily Deal that you don't already own that earlier version. The "you bought this ..." banner won't show up, because each book has a different ASIN.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:48:28 AM PST
KimS_InFL says:
Thanks flipoid .... that "Devil's Bride" vs. "Devil's Bride with Bonus Material" got me and I would not have realized it without your post. I have returned "Devil's Bride" that I re-purchased yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 5:43:42 AM PST
TravelingGal says:
Did you actually get your copy of Devil's Bride with Bonus Material? Mine hasn't shown up yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 7:26:32 AM PST
lisalisacats says:
thanks for the heads up about the duplicate books. I ordered DBWBM in December for 99 cents but since it was a different code it didn't show up that it was already purchased.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 10:55:20 AM PST
C.Romero says:
I can't remember much about Sherry's Wolf, specifically, but it's part of Maddy Barone's After The Crash series and I do like that series. Basically, wolves in a post apocolyptic world where women are few, with unintended time travel to explain the sudden and unexpected appearance of our heroines.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:55:58 PM PST
flipoid says:
You're welcome, KimS. I just remembered, because I love Stephanie Laurens' books, that I had purchased that one just about a year ago.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:56:54 PM PST
flipoid says:
TravelingGal, when did you order the Devil's Bride with Bonus Material? I ordered mine in December 2011 and it showed up right away.

The new edition does not have the "bonus material" and it's a different ASIN.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:17:10 PM PST
Sunshine says:
I knew it! Last night when I saw the post I thought I had purchased it, went to look, got distracted and never went back to look (the quick search didnt show it)

It is the first in the Cynster series, and it is one of my all time favorites that I do reread!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:21:12 PM PST
Tina says:
Devil's Bride is a great book. I have all of Stephanie Lauren's books.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:32:10 PM PST
Wembley says:
This Man (This Man Trilogy) by Jodi Malpas is currently $2.99. I haven't read it yet...but it has been mentioned in this forum.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  790
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 196 customers

Search Customer Discussions