Customer Discussions > Romance forum

HP discussion. Good bad and inbetween.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4301-4325 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 12:42:00 AM PST
Taylijane says:
Could it be In Bed With the Boss by Susan Napier:

From model secretary...
For three years, Kalera Martin has been a model secretary to Duncan Royal, with only one hiccup in their otherwise perfect relationship: a one-night stand that should never have happened, and which both have tried to forget. Or so Kalera thought.

...to the boss's mistress?
But Duncan is haunted by their one night of unbelievable passion, and secretly longs for their relationship to develop after office hours. As a rule, he can have any woman he wants -- so he's furious when Kalera announces her engagement to another man! Whatever it takes, Duncan intends to entice her into his bed once more -- and this time it will be forever.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 6:04:24 AM PST
That's it! Funny, I don't even remember there being a one-night stand. But that's definitely the book. Thanks! :)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 11:50:33 AM PST
Rosy Stone says:
Read this sometime in September, but can't remember it that well, free today, Lynn Graham's The Italian's Inexperienced Mistress

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 2:59:28 PM PST
hiker says:
okay trying to remember name of book... the h isnearly hit by the H 's car... she has his child with her in a ratty old baby carriage.... it is raining and the h has alot of clothes on an she looks aweful... he takes her to a males friends apartment because she has noone else to stay with..... the hero has no idea the baby is his.... the h makes him feel bad and he goes back to get the ratty baby carriage from a 2nd hand store.... anybody?

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:11:17 PM PST
Blue Lily says:
I think "The Italian's Marriage Demand" by Diana Hamilton.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:15:58 PM PST
grungebetty says:
Are you sure the baby is his?? I remember a similar book, the h was Holly, the H, Marco IIRC. But I don't recall that the baby was his.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 3:17:18 PM PST
hiker says:
yes it is thank you so much... blue lily..

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:22:10 PM PST
Michigangirl says:
Bleh, that book annoyed me. I don't know if it would be a good or a bad trainwreck for you hiker.

I hated the hero, who cheated on his fiancee, but couldn't just break up with her over the phone, so spent however many weeks cheating on her but not telling his current girlfriend he was engaged. She had to find out because someone told her at a party where the fiancee was. And he immediately believes the fiancee when she says the heroine stole something from her.

I really wished she'd marry someone else.

The crowning glory in this book is where he's so happy that she's such a great person for not coming forward about being pregnant and breaking up his marriage. A lot of horrible people WOULD have. Because it's the person who was single in a relationship that's at fault and responsible for the person who was not single and WAS cheating's relationship.

Maybe if he'd kept it in his pants there would have been no reason for anyone to be coming forward with anything.

Ugh.

And why did no one ever confront him about how crappy he was with everyone about what HE did? He was just gross.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:23:21 PM PST
hiker says:
i always love your take on these "heros" michigian girl... you make me smile...

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:30:41 PM PST
hiker says:
The Tycoon's Bride (The Greek Tycoons) reading this right now .. not holding my attention

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:33:17 PM PST
hiker says:
im pretty such its his...

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 5:57:07 PM PST
Rita says:
does anyone remember the one where the baby isn't the H's? i think i read that and i'd like to find it again. thanks.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 6:26:53 PM PST
hiker says:
The Tycoon's Bride (The Greek Tycoons) okay the books starts out with the sister raising her infant stepsister ... her aunt wants her to put the baby up for adoption... since she struggling to make ends meet.... her aunt gives her some money but accidently gives her a credit card... the h follows the aunt trying to give the card back gets hit by a van.. the hero takes her back to the apartment then to the hospital... moves her and the baby in with him.. asks her for a moc.because his dying grandma wants to hold a great grandchild before she dies..... they smex at thier engagment party... he acts aweful... he is bonding with the baby though... they marry... the grandmother dies after the wedding... they make up.. are happy... she runs into the aunt who tells her the hero wanted the baby all along it was his dead brothers.... the h is destroyed... but thinks she is pregnant.. buys a pregnancy test on the way home... packs to leave.... the hero talks her around til he finds the unused pregnancy test and tells her to get out.... he sterile... his last wife put him thru hell with all the pregnancy stuff... no more he leaves she waits confronts him with her love.... tells him she is pregnant... that she went to a doctor while he was gone.. he acts horrible again... calls the doctor... doctor told him his wife was unable to have childern and she knew that before marrying him... it was her way of keeping him but it drove him away

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 7:50:11 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
The Italian's Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage) by Lynne Graham - Rio the H is prbly one of LG's nicest H's ever - the other one being Alexio from LG's The Heiress Bride

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 10:48:14 PM PST
Michigangirl says:
I loved Heiress Bride. And I've read Italian's Wife but completely forgot about it. drr.

Tycoon's Bride was just okay in my book. It's one of those not bad books but I felt no desire to ever read it again, and I also thought throwing her out for taking a pregnancy test was stupid. And in a boondocks type setting..if her mother was with his brother, that almost makes him her uncle. Her sister is his niece and they marry. That's...disturbing on some level.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:42:02 PM PST
grungebetty says:
I hadn't read the post with the book's name. Glad you could find it!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:45:50 PM PST
grungebetty says:
If you are talking about the one I thought might be the book Hiker was looking for, I don't remember the name. I think h was Holly and H was Marco, or something like that. She collapsed on the street and he took her in. I remember she was very young, 19 or 20. He was older and he had just broken up with his fiancee. He was a billionaire (of course) and she was dirt poor. IIRC H' former fiancee was a model and she cheated.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 1:03:18 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 29, 2012 1:05:59 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:50:57 PM PST
Rita says:
yes, grungebetty, that's the book i am looking for. i am not sure, boogenhagen, is that the one you are referring to?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:03:55 PM PST
grungebetty says:
I think it might be by Michelle Reid, Lynne Graham, a "classic" HP author. I don't remember well.I think he was a businessman, he was in a limousine when he almost run her over. I remember details here and there. Hopefully someone will recall the name. If I'm not mistaken, the book was published 10 years ago or so.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:18:13 PM PST
Tala says:
Sounds like True Colors by Diana Palmer.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 2:43:16 PM PST
LLC says:
It's the one Booge mentioned The Italian's Wife (A Mediterranean Marriage) (Harlequin Presents, No. 2235) Lynne Graham

Synopsis:
Will he take a stranger to be his wedded wife? Abandoned by her boyfriend and family after the birth of her son, Holly Sansom collapses in the street. Rio Lombardi, M.D. of Lombardi Industries, comes to her rescue. Rio insists that Holly stay at his luxurious home, and proceeds to lavish her and her baby with all that money can buy. But Rio's emotions are caught off guard by Holly's natural charm and indifference to his wealth. In fact, Holly would make a perfect wife....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 3:08:11 PM PST
boogenhagen says:
Rita - the book your looking for is probably The Italian's Wife by Lynne Graham

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 3:51:53 PM PST
grungebetty says:
That's the book I remembered! Only in Spanish, they changed his name to Marco, don't know why.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:39:59 PM PST
Rita says:
thanks everyone. i will have to re read the italian's wife. i think i liked it!
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  235
Total posts:  9765
Initial post:  Feb 25, 2011
Latest post:  2 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 56 customers

Search Customer Discussions