Facility Spring Cleaning BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

"Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 2"

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4751-4775 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 27, 2012 3:55:52 PM PST
Jill says:
@ambrosia- I feel your pain. I hate when I have a bunch of rec'd books and I can't read cause of work. I need a sugar Daddy so I can sit home and read all day...lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:20:30 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 27, 2012 4:21:30 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 4:38:02 PM PST
Miss says:
HJ hit the nail on the head regarding the h from Accidentally on Purpose. This h was a complete doormat in disguise. I felt so bad for Luke for how she treated him. I also never could understand her draw towards Kyle he was a complete tool.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:45:15 PM PST
JRL says:
Thanks for the spoiler HJ Leonard!! Sooo glad I found this out now..I just bought it and read the first 2 chapters and the heroine already annoys me..I guess the story isn't what I expected since she ends up with that person..I was hoping it would be a bit similar to the book thoughtless..ahh well guess I'll be returning this one lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:56:34 PM PST
Fiona B says:
HJ, it's the mythbusters germ scene in the public restroom that first threw me off. It just seem weird to me that she would be 'mortified' for months because she learned the fact about the germs. I guess I'm just not used to that word being used in that context lol.

Edit: accidentally clicked delete post

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 5:30:24 PM PST
TravelingGal says:
Not having read the book, in the context you describe above, I agree that mortified doesn't sound correct.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:28:34 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Hmm, I remember that scene, but the word didn't jump out at me. 'Scared to death,' would be another interpretation that could fit, I guess.

It's weird how picky I am, but certain things don't make a blip. Huh. ;)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:08:15 PM PST
Shellody says:
My problem with accidentally on purpose was all the little tidbits that were revealed at the end.....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Freaking meth???? At what point was that NOT important to the story?!?!?! This should have been a DNF but it was like reading a train wreck....

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 7:37:16 PM PST
Ok I need help here and I am going bonkers! Trying to remember the name of a book. Starts out with the h going to the airport because she had a dream(? can't quite remember but she is physic somehow) that the plane will be attacked by terrorists and the H and friends will die. The H is waiting to get on the plane with 3 of his fellow soliders. He takes one look at her and knows she is the one. A trait that runs in his family I believe.

Anybody have a clue!?! My eyes are going nuts searching my kindle.

Thanks!

Jodi

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:46:36 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 7:47:47 PM PST
T. Smith says:
Forged in Fire (A Red-Hot SEALs Novel)

I've heard it's been re-released recently with a different ending. No idea how different.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:56:12 PM PST
ambrosia says:
T. smith: THANK YOU for remembering. I've read it, but couldn't remember which book it was. It was driving me crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 7:59:22 PM PST
T. Smith says:
I think the second book is out or going to be out soon. The H is the guy that was hurt so badly in the first book.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 8:00:13 PM PST
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can stop going nuts. Well at least going nuts about that! If I have to speak to one more customer service person with a heavy accent and soft voice my phone will be going through the wall!

Whew now I feel better!!!!

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:00:23 PM PST
KME says:
Hi ladies. I finally got a chance to read On Dublin Street and I loved it! Thank for all the comments on it.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012 10:42:12 PM PST
RgReader says:
What's the heroine like in Kresley Cole's Shadow Claim? Is she an alpha kicka type or beta average heroine type?? Is she a smexually experienced heroine or still a virgin? And what's her secret hinted at in the blurb?/

Thanks much to any who answer my queries!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:52:23 PM PST
ambrosia says:
SPOILERS FOR SHADOW's CLAIM**

RG Reader:

She's a virgin and very young for a member of the Lore. (about 22 i believe). While she is half demon and half sorceress, she doesn't have any powerful demon traits (no tracing, no physical prowess, no horns) and her sorceri power was stolen from her at the beginning of the book, so she's pretty weak. She's also not the strongest willed heroine. Again, at the beginning she's pushed around by her god-parents, is in love with her best friend (who loves her, but is not in love with her, and who sleeps with anything female - except her), and due to the horrible physical attack she receives at the beginning, is timid and scared. She progresses over the course of the book with the help of the H.

So this is definitely not one of Kresley Cole's kick ass heroines, but one of the more shy/retiring ones who gradually gain self-confidence. (sort of). more Emmaline than one of her aunts.

I'm still not sure how I feel about SHADOW's Claim. I need to re-read. I didn't end it thinking, "Wow! one of her best.". Rather I thought it dragged a little in the middle and then wrapped up too quickly.

The hero was a little too beta for me throughout most of the book, and then suddenly turns alpha-hole for a few chapters at the end. There is an explanation for this, but again. It was wrapped up too quickly. And the heroine is made to feel guilty for behaving a certain way when she really couldn't have been expected to know better. Kind of annoying.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 10:54:08 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Oh! And I have no idea what her big secret is supposed to be. I'm not sure i realized that she had a secret!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 11:13:52 PM PST
RgReader says:
Thanks! 1clicking. I perfer this type of heroine. A bit disappointed this hero isn't on Lothair's level. Oh well at least there are moments of alphaholery:)

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:27:54 AM PST
bluey09h says:
I enjoyed Shadows Claim too :) H is possessive / jealous but I believe more protective then anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:08:51 AM PST
Bookseeker says:
ambrosia - for gals outside USA kindle books are more expensive, international wireless rate :-(((

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:15:16 AM PST
K. King says:
ok, so I just got to read Heaven and Hell by KA...

close your eyes just in case one of you guys haven't read it already!

***spoiler***

who is Talia that Kia names the baby after? I completely missed something, and couldn't find out when I skimmed back through the book! Was it the waiter that she sent the letter and pictures to?

Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:55:07 AM PST
****Spoiler about Heaven & Hell******

The waiter who she sends the pics to, is the waiter that sat them together when they first met. Talia was his wife.

Hope this helps, I had to read it twice before I got it!! :0)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:01:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 28, 2012 5:04:28 AM PST
Jodi, it's Forged in Fire (A Red-Hot SEALs Novel). I have it and it's loanable if you would like to borrow mine.

ETA - sorry for the redundant post. I really have to remember to read to the end of the thread before responding. Duh.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 5:18:38 AM PST
K. King says:
I thought that was who it was!! It took me a little bit! Thanks Erin!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 6:29:46 AM PST
ambrosia says:
Ouch! That's a big difference. Is it possible to download to a computer and then upload to a kindle to avoid the wireless surcharge? Inconvenient, but worth it if it were possible.

Darn. It's not loanable either.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
24 16 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
Trying to find a paranormal book 0 8 seconds ago
Viking Romance Novels!!!! 2 6 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 259 9 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 4324 18 minutes ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 673 20 minutes ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 9702 51 minutes ago
Western about a Woman Wanted for Murder 0 59 minutes ago
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 9280 59 minutes ago
Kristen Ashley 0 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 2236 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  447
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 128 customers

Search Customer Discussions