Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Standalone, HEA, no cheating, H is madly in love or jealous/possessive

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 141 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:39:42 AM PST
An oldie but goodie non-pc bodice ripper that fits this thread
The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham Book 1)

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 10:51:48 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 9, 2013 1:20:11 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 11:53:17 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 11:57:35 AM PST
Colleen says:
Amyalissa,
Love at First Flight does not have a cheating scene.
Spoilers:
H and h are both involved with other when they meet on a plane, H breaks off his engagement because he can't stand his fiancee. At this point, h is still dating her guy and H/h never expected to see each other again. h also breaks up with her boyfriend during this trip, but has nothing to do with the H's broken engagement.

At no point do they have sex again.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 11:57:56 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
Colleen - thanks for letting me know. It's been a year or two since I read it. I remember that part being really uncomfortable to read and I hated the ex! For some reason I'm confusing it with a later part with the ex.
Sorry for any confusion!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 12:01:19 PM PST
Colleen says:
It's no problem!
I just remember this book pretty clearly, because it's different from what I normally read. I believe we only see the ex three times after the broken engagement.
Spoilers:
1. She tries to reconcile and ends up slapping him.
2. She tells him about her pregnancy.
3. When she's in the hospital.
None of those end up a secret from the h or involve any cheating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:03:32 PM PST
wife says:
So did you think Love at First Flight was a good read? How many stars would you give it?

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:16:56 PM PST
Amyalissa says:
A year and a half ago I gave it 4 stars on goodreads. I liked it a lot and the story has stuck with me since then. Definitely worth your time.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:17:36 PM PST
wife says:
If anyone has read Rule, does it fits this thread. It is being talked about a lot.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:27:37 PM PST
JLC says:
Re: Love at First Flight by Marie Force

While I am NOW very much confused about what actually happens in the book (jeez all - trying to make me think I'm crazy) - I DO remember thinking it was a very romantic read. I DO know I liked it a lot - personally rating it a 4.5/5.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:34:05 PM PST
K. King says:
I read Rule, it had some errors but I really liked it a lot :) and it's a stand alone...even better!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:41:47 PM PST
Ann says:
Addicted to books - Found ya ! :-)

I gave Love at First Flight a 5.0 stars...Great romantic drama. I'm a Marie Force fan girl and have real all her bks. She has 7 stand alone bks all HEA's. Line of Scrimmage was another 5.0 stars for me. **(WARNIING - A BIT OF A SPOILER)**The H/Ryan doesn't cheat but the h/ thinks so. So there is some drama over that. But he's crazy for Susie.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:48:15 PM PST
wife says:
Thanks JLC, that is what I wanted to know!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 1:48:51 PM PST
cbela says:
I too, read Rule! :) and will definitely reread. He remind me of Travis, but not OTT from Beautiful Disaster.

Except for the minor one-time he didn't enjoy cheating, "Rule" qualifies for everything else. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 1:49:02 PM PST
Colleen says:
Re: Love at First Flight
I enjoyed it.
It was firmly a romance, not a suspense or drama. It's a pretty interesting idea (meeting a person a plane and falling in love) and I think it was well done. It's not my favorite, but the characters were all likable and normal.

I'd give it a solid 3.75-4 stars. I took off points, because it's not my favorite (I prefer wittier books and this wasn't witty), the length the h's turmoil over boyfriend vs. H (I get it, but I was bored by it), and the big ~drama~ (I didn't find plausible, which was a shame, because the whole book seemed pretty realistic up to and passed that one scene).

I got it for free and probably would not have purchased it.
That being said, I'm glad I read it and did over all enjoy it. I would also consider reading other books by this author, because I did enjoy this one.

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:18:51 PM PST
JLC says:
My last 2 cents on Love @ 1st Flight: I liked the H's & h's instant attraction for one another - I think the author really made it work. But I also liked how they didn't end up together right away since they were with other people. They had to work for it! I enjoyed reading the H's ex slowly getting "outed" while the h took her spot!

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 2:57:39 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 9, 2013 1:20:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 2:58:38 PM PST
wife says:
Annie's Song is not available for kindle. Just paperback. :(

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:36:53 PM PST
here are some of my favorites :

Always You
Just the Sexiest Man Alive [JUST THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE] [Mass Market Paperback]
The Pleasure Slave

Posted on Jan 16, 2013 6:43:39 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2013 6:48:26 PM PST
Trekkie says:
Annie's Song seams to be very simular to a 1950's movie Johnny Belinda staring Jane Wyman and Lew Ayers. A version was also made for TV in the 80's with Rosanna Arquette & Richard Thomas. Johnny Belinda (1982 TV movie) [VHS]
Edited to add movie link.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2013 6:52:32 PM PST
romance4ever says:
Regarding the On The Island: The H sleeps with one other girl but he is not cheating on her because she broke up with. It was one night stand and while I did not like reading it, I think the author put it in there to show he had the experience of being with someone else his age but still wanted the h.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 2:36:36 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
Your welcome Denise. I loved it too!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 4:51:06 AM PST
wife says:
I agree with you, luvmylife. I really enjoyed The Island and would definitely recommend it!

I'm half way through Rule and am hating that I have to go to work!

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 11:07:26 AM PST
Tala says:
I finished Mimosa Grove by Dinah McCall and the H is very in love and protective of the h who happens to be psychic. I really enjoyed it, gave it 4*'s on GR.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 12:02:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 17, 2013 12:03:17 PM PST
SAB says:
Wow...I must be in the minority because I couldn't even finish Love At First Flight. I gave it a 2 star rating. To me, not even sure that it was worth even that. I got to one part of the story were I almost threw my iPhone against the wall and that was it. I stopped, went online and read spoilers and had another WTF moment and was so glad that I ditched it.

Posted on Jan 17, 2013 1:42:34 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Okay, I'm really enjoying the plot and characters of http://www.amazon.com/Rule-ebook/dp/B00AV8725C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358458862&sr=8-1&keywords=rule, but this story is coming perilously close to a DNF because of the numerous typos, grammatical mistakes, and plain just complete lack of editing!!! The story is rife with instances where there are excess words randomly inserted into sentences or the wrong word being used that even the most cursory review should have caught. I really hope that the author finds a half-way decent editor because she clearly has the critical storytelling ability, but the errors are getting in the way of the enjoyment of that story. SOMEONE -- at least ONE person -- needs to read the story before it's published.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  141
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2013
Latest post:  May 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 51 customers

Search Customer Discussions