Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 13, 2011 10:47:35 AM PDT
Geekamicus says:
No problem. I read a lot, but I'm also um, "thrifty", so that site is a godsend.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 11:09:06 AM PDT
bought My Wicked Pirate from your reccomendation. I really liked it! thanks.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 11:40:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2011 11:50:09 AM PDT
Sunny says:
Little Miss Straight Lace by Maria Romana is only 1.89
SEASONS by Rebecca Forester only 2.99
Life is But a Dream by Cheryl Shireman, is only .99 cents
We Interrupt This Date by L. C. Evans for only .99 cents
If you liked My Wicked Pirate you may like all of Judith A McDowell's book. I am currently reading
ASIN:B003XNTD3Q Rougarou]] for $2.99 and has a sequel to it. Very good.

Hope some of these will be helpful. I am also trying to buy more Indie Authors since I have discovered this new raw talent. It has been a well kept secret. There are some excellent books from these new writers and reasonably priced.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 3:51:46 PM PDT
Pink says:
Almost all of Mary Burton's books are listed for less than $5. I have read her romantic suspense and her historical novels and would highly recommend her books.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 4:15:26 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 13, 2011 4:22:25 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Your welcome J Edler!

Here is another great romance bargain. I am reading it now. I'm only a few chapters in, but I am really enjoying the writing voice and storyline a lot. It's my first read by this author: Seduce Me by Robyn DeHart is only $1.99

Here a back list medieval re-issue that looks great, and only .99 cents. Silken Threads by Patricia Ryan

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 4:49:26 PM PDT
G. Black says:
Barbara Samuel has two of her historical romances that have long been out-of-print and hard-to-find now available for the Kindle: A Bed of Spices and Heart of a Knight. I have my paperback keeper copies and have been debating getting ecopies just to have them... At 99˘ I don't know why I'm wondering!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 5:09:25 PM PDT
Tooncesmom says:
Mary:

I found Alexis Harrington at The Romance Reviews and was so taken with her book HOME BY MORNING that I bought it and then wrote a review. Following that I bought and reviewed four more of her books and thoroughly enjoyed them. HOME BY MORNING is set in Oregon during the 1918 influenza epidemic, not a popular time for an historical, but I loved the story and can certainly give it a good recommendation. It's 2.99 on Kindle.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 5:10:54 PM PDT
Tooncesmom says:
I have read and reviewed all Robyn Carr's Virgin River books and her Grace Valley trilogy, too. These are mostly five dollars and some change, but highly recommended.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 5:13:36 PM PDT
Tooncesmom says:
Mary:

No promo here but just want to say The Endearment is wonderful, as is Hummingbird. In fact, Hummingbird is the book that got me started writing. My copy is pretty dog-eared now.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 5:16:09 PM PDT
Tooncesmom says:
Hey, I read Silken Threads in paperback a few years ago. It is EXCELLENT! It's a medieval Rear Window story.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 13, 2011 6:03:04 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Good to know! Rear Window, huh? LOL, I loved that movie so now I'm trying to imagine what if Hitchcock wrote a medieval romance? :-) But I love medieval romances, and that one looked so good. I never read that author before, now I look forward to getting to it soon.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 6:36:02 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
I haven't actually read these yet, but I did purchase one because I liked the description and reviews... but for fans of Medieval Scotland romance novels, Charming the Shrew (The MacLeods Book I), Daring the Highlander (The MacLeods Book II), and The Devil of Kilmartin, all by Laura Wittig are only $2.99 each.

Wow, there so many books I will check out now because of this thread. Thank you all! I have added many of these to my wish list.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 6:41:57 PM PDT
Mary Bellomo says:
S. Barret - Thanks! I have looked at "Home by Morning" and I definitely plan on reading that one! I have every intention of reading all of Ms. Harrington's books because I enjoy her writing style so much. I will even force myself to read the couple of books she has that involve children ... so that should indicate how much I admire her writing style and her storytelling!
:-)

BTW, I am a writer, myself. - although still an amateur. I have always loved writing, and did quite a bit of it when I was a teenager, but only recently started getting back into it. I am currently 25,000 words into my first attempt at a serious novel.

Posted on Mar 13, 2011 7:40:10 PM PDT
Allen Solly says:
Have a look at "World's Best Classic Love Stories". It's a compilation of world famous romantic short stories... available for $1.99 ...

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 1:07:07 PM PDT
bookchaser says:
I'm not sure if this one has been mentioned yet. I just downloaded The Fall by Marie Force for 99 cents. If I remember correctly, this is a price drop from $2.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:22:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 1, 2011 11:46:46 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:46:12 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 30, 2011 8:09:37 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:52:28 PM PDT
So I can add Search by Leigh Smith as a definite "no buy" from me!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 1:59:45 PM PDT
R. Stanley~ If your goal in spamming the threads is to make sure no one reads this book, you've succeeded. You've just taken the quick route to book and author oblivion. If you'd spent ANY time on the romance forum before you started your multi-thread promo, you'd know spamming is a death sentence for a book here.

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 2:50:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 18, 2011 2:51:53 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
St. Martin's Paperbacks just reduced the price on these three romances:
Tall, Dark and Deadly by Lorie O'Clare $2.99
Dangerous Highlander: A Dark Sword Novel by Donna Grant $2.99
When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer $2.99

PLUS there ia a FREE chicklit
Millies Fling

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 3:47:29 PM PDT
jmgirl says:
I recently read a romantic suspense called Guarding Suzannah (Serve and Protect Series) that was really good. It was $3.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 4:00:29 PM PDT
Ridley says:
"please, no promos in this thread"

Reading thread titles is hard, amirite?

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 4:30:12 PM PDT
Karlyn says:
Marie Force recently added another The Wreck for just $2.99. Looks like a great romance suspense. I wonder if she just had several unpublished books that she is now releasing as self-published as she has a few out there now. She also has a popular series with Sourcebooks Casablanca.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2011 4:53:26 PM PDT
Oh KarLynP, thank you.
I didn't know she released another new book.
I love Marie Force, she's one of my favorite author !
I just downloaded to my PC.
Thank you :)

Posted on Mar 18, 2011 6:06:33 PM PDT
elleoco says:
Marry Me by Jo Goodman. I'm figuring anything under $5 is a bargain, and this is $4.19. It's a western historical and I'm only 1/3 through, but it's very good so far.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  790
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 12, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 15, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 196 customers

Search Customer Discussions