Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Annoying h' s

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 61 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:28:43 PM PST
Leelee says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:34:59 PM PST
T. Smith says:
So you are saying this book has an annoying heroine? Because that's what this thread is about.

Thanks for the warning. I will be sure to avoid it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 8:39:20 PM PST
Sortia says:
Well, this is a thread to rant about Annoying heroines that make us to NOT WANT TO READ A BOOK. If the heroine of your story fits this thread and you want to warn us readers to NOT BUY your book because of this reason, then I understand why you posted here. See my point?

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 9:03:54 PM PST
Gabbe says:
taboo by olivia rupprecht-I couldn't stand the h. I almost didn't finish the book because the h was so annoying. She never got any better imo.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 3:49:07 AM PST
The marriage bargain.I hated the heroine for being the most narcissist Mother Teresa. Instead of admitting she enjoyed her married life with the H, after the abudant sum of money he paid her, she still insisted that everything she did, was only targeted to save her family's home.If she was a real person, I would have slapped repeatedly for being such an arrogant hypocrite.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012 7:07:30 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2012 7:14:45 AM PST
A Customer says:
Wow, so many annoying heroines out there, where do I begin? I know this is subjective and some of you may disagree with me, but here's who comes to mind:

Keira - Thoughtless
Catherine - Separate Beds
Abby - Beautiful Disaster
Maggie - When We Collide
*Megan - Man of My Dreams
Roslynn - Tender Rebel
*Lexi - Avoiding Commitment / Responsibility
*Emma - Love Left Behind

*The H's in these books are equally awful

There's more, but that's who popped into my head first.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 11:37:58 PM PST
Bling says:
Okay, I really didn't like

- Leigh from Prince of Midnight by Laura Kinsale. I get that she had issues but still, she insulted the darling H multiple times when he did not deserve it and I felt so bad for him!

- Also, Evelyn from the book Evelyn Vine, Be Mine. Everyone seems to like this book a lot and I liked it too (esp. the hero *sigh*) but the h was plain irritating. She was a total, total tease (which I did NOT appreciate), plus she was so indecisive (SPOILER if she didn't want a controlling boyfriend, why did she continue to sleep with the h all the time and lead him on?) and naive, clueless, TSTL (SPOILER come ON, didn't she realize the H was jealous of her brothers?? It was soo obvious!).

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:15:04 AM PST
LuckyGirl says:
Grace in Victoria Dahl's Close Enough To Touch. I HATED her! Woe is me, pushing everyone away, distrustful, angry, closed off, depressing... She's the least likable heroine I've ever read and doesn't grow much by the end. I just didn't buy that the H would want anything to do with her. He's a masochist.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 7:01:49 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
I second Kiera from Thoughtless. At times, I wanted to pumch my kindle because I hated her so much!
Online, I read the original ending to the book...and I almost wish it would gone in that direction...however, then we wouldn't have the sequels.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 2:59:25 PM PST
D. Arnold says:
I believe she thought between all the discussions with his friends about her, he knew. The friends kept that tidbit about her brothers a secret just for the purpose of making him jealous.
Loved this book. I thought the h was just out of place and didn't know what to think about the H!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:06:53 PM PST
Leelee says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:17:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 3:28:57 PM PST
Sortia says:
Please, stop spamming this thread with that book. As far as I know the theme is "Annoying heroines", not ANNOYING AUTHORS, or readers (since you claim you are just excited about this book).

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:22:55 PM PST
Leelee says:

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:29:10 PM PST
I find the heroines in L.D Davies books Pieces of Rhys and Accidentally on Purpose extremely annoying. Its hard for me to verbalize why I find them so unlikeable though. I think because the H's are all asshats and for some reason the h chooses to stay with them while acting both b*tchy and doormat-like throughout the whole book.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:33:31 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Whatever? So I guess you're okay with it being shelved on hundreds of readers' Do Not Read shelves, right?

Good to know.

*heads to Goodreads and the Badly Behaving Authors*

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:36:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 3:39:15 PM PST
Sortia says:
Ugg, bad news for me. I have both Pieces of Rhys and Accidentally on Purpose on my tbr pile. I was excited to read them, but I have low tolerance for b**tchy heroines

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 3:39:32 PM PST
Hey Sortia, I don't know if "b*tchy is really the right word. I wanna say moody, maybe? Basically the h's bounce between hot, cold and doormat. Lots of people liked the book. I didn't. DNF for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 3:47:36 PM PST
Sortia says:
Lazy that's a bit different, I can handle moody, lol. However, I might put these on hold while I go for other more urgent books I have on my tbr pile.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:01:34 PM PST
LTR says:
I started Pieces of Rhys but haven't decided if I'll go back to it or not. I couldn't get into the h -- stalking the H as she did (she said it to him and he agreed). I might pick it up again but I've got a couple of other books to read first.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:55:58 PM PST
Bling says:
I know that's what she said in the end but I still felt that since the book was in first person SPOILER and she was describing Stone's expressions whenever Cooper/other brother called, she should have realized. Well, anyway, to each his own, I guess. Lots of people think certain heroines are annoying (Eg. Bailee from Texan Wager) but I don't :P

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 6:34:32 AM PST
Doreen says:
The h of the current book I'm reading is really annoying Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction). I think the author intended her to be endearingly snarky but she's coming off as a shrew. I'm skimming a lot when she's talking.

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:51:26 PM PST
BookHawk says:
The worst is when h starts out wonderful then when your about 75% through a book she does a 360 character turn.
On Dublin street (Jocelyn)loved book but at end she really got to me.
Rock me (Candace)-letting her family influence her at end after they got to good spot in their relationship.
Taking Shots Assassins (Elli)-I hated everything about her.
any Elizabeth Reyes h in Moreno brothers series
any J.R Ward h after 4 book

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 4:54:33 AM PST
Dee Cee says:
Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, i find the h so annoying/so stupid, sometimes i feel like throwing the book halfway into reading it but the only reason i'd finished it was because of the H, Ruark..he's the kind of hero u'd wished to have in real life..

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 5:07:35 AM PST
Teresa says:
Almost every h in Lora Leigh's books. They let the H get away with stuff for which I would have them arrested. I especially hate it when the h forgivens the H when whatever he does is for her own good. I am okay with sexual domination, but how about letting the h be the agressor?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:40:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 6:40:54 AM PST
Doreen says:
Oh Dee Cee thank you for saying it. I Love KEW early books but I can not stand Shanna.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  61
Initial post:  Dec 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions