Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 629 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 15, 2012 2:42:18 PM PST
Just wanted to update that I finished Endless Blue and it was a very good science fiction read. The focus wasn't on the romance, but it was there and it was good.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:09:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 5:10:56 PM PST
I have a few suggestions that I think fit this theme:

Kaitlyn O'Connor
When Night Falls & When Dawn Breaks - H's look like the devil w/horns
The Spawning, Genesis, The Gladiators - Mermen

Theolyn Boese
Daughters of Terra Series

Lora Leigh
Broken Wings

Judy Mays
Brianna
Shaela
Meri

Jet Mykles
Dark Elves series: Taken, Mastered, Salvation, Dissent, Discovery, Awakening

Crystal Jordan
Were planets Series **Not sure-might be too human

Madison Hayes
Gryffin Strain series - Part I & II

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 9:36:23 AM PST
Thank you for all of your suggestions Alexis. I looked at the them and it appears that many of them are erotica which isn't really my thing, although I'm sure it will be helpful to others who might be tracking this thread. I did add Broken Wings to my Wishlist. Also, I couldn't find the Gryffin Strain series. Do you have a link?

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 10:17:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 10:18:46 AM PST
Susan,

I could only find the link for this one - His Female. You may have to go to Ellora's cave for the 2nd part. *Also, both these books are erotica as well. I normally can't find many alien books that are not erotica.

*I also want to warn you that there is a scene in Broken Wings that may make you cry. Enjoy!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 10:55:12 AM PST
<<I normally can't find many alien books that are not erotica.>>
I know, me either. I've been expanding my horizons when it comes to reading and it's been really eye-opening. I will try to read a book that's erotica if it sounds like the kind of romance I'm looking for. It's not the explicit scenes I object to, but I want a single M/F relationship that ends in a lasting relationship and it seems like many of the erotica selections deviate from that. I also want more story and character development than some erotica offers. Still, I appreciate the suggestions and I'm always willing to consider a recommendation. I'm glad you added your input. Thank you for the link too.
I just hope the scene that makes me cry in Broken Wings isn't the end. I hate that. I'm looking for HEA! :)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 2:39:08 PM PST
Gomb says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 3:28:18 PM PST
Susan,

Don't Worry, Broken Wings does have a HEA. Re: Erotic romance books...what I do when I read the Erotica part is just skip over the smexing scenes and focus on the storyline.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:04:07 PM PST
Freedom's Landing (Freedom Series: Book 1) by Anne McCaffrey

This is more of a science fiction with heavy romance elements. The H is described as having features that strongly resemble a cat.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 6:29:48 PM PST
I love Freedom's Landing! It's on my keepers shelf.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:11:18 PM PST
CyMac says:
I didn't check the thread before you got the pb but for anyone else who wants to try Wen Spencer's Endless Blue, you can buy it at Baen.com in the mobi format. I can't think of any of her other books where the MC looks alien. But she's an excellent scifi/fantasy writer; her Ukiah Oregon series features a character who's an alien, although is is humanoid in appearance.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012 8:56:01 AM PST
Thank you CyMac. I don't mind reading pb once in a while. It feels good to go *old-school*, but great info for anyone else that's interested and I reiterate that it's a good scifi. I'm going to check out her other works too.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 3:57:47 PM PST
Just finished reading Breath of Life (The Gaian Consortium Series) by Christine Pope. It has an alien H that looks alien. No sex but a sweet love story in the line of Beauty and the Beast.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 4:38:32 PM PST
Melanie says:
I just finished Starkissed based on the rec here. It was a keeper! Thanks to all of you who mentioned it.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 7:38:03 PM PST
Peppicheep says:
Interstellar Service & Discipline: Victorious Star [ INTERSTELLAR SERVICE & DISCIPLINE: VICTORIOUS STAR BY Hawke, Morgan ( Author ) Aug-01-2006 and Security Issues are both erotica and very BSDM erotica (Security Issues is M/M). However both have aliens who are obviously physically different from humans.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:34:27 PM PST
Cybercliper says:
Found another one that is one of my favorites and you might enjoy it also. It's pretty old so you may only be able to find it at a used book store. Sweet "cinderella" type heroine and a fierce, barbarian hero with reptilian attributes. The whole series is good but they stand alone pretty well.

Shadow Fires (Shielder Series, Book 5) - Catherine Spangler

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012 12:33:16 AM PST
That's the one I was trying to remember since I read it so long ago! I loved that book and second the rec. Thank you Cybercliper.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:36:55 AM PST
You will be only able to find them used - they were published by Dorchester and unless you find a stash somewhere (I found about half of the series haunting a book outlet)...

I have spotted one or two of the series at Dollar General for $1.25, along with a few other odds and ends they've gotten from some clearing house (or overruns from publishers, not sure which).

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 7:22:44 AM PST
Two of my favorites that fit this thread:
Moonlight on Water (Alien Affairs, Book Two)
The Claiming of Moira Shine

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 12:19:08 PM PST
C. Stone says:
Shadow Fire is beyond awesome. Great book for its time and still holds up well. I love how the hero took a while to learn the heroines differences and started making small allowances for her.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 1:50:40 PM PST
sinnamon says:
Jarael's Lioness by Angelique Anjou
Hero is cat-like humanoid. His whole body is covered with soft, short pelt with stripe markings and he is bald.
All of his race is bald. Maned lions are his people's legend so when he finds heroine with her waist length hair he's deeply convinced he captured legendary maned lioness.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 2:03:09 PM PST
Meg says:
Here it is in kindle format.

Ja-rael's Lioness

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 9:01:22 AM PST
Thank you for the recs. I'll check out Ja-rael's Lioness. I'm going to hunt down Shadow Fire again too. It was really good IIRC.

Posted on Dec 12, 2012 10:04:38 PM PST
Justed wanted to update. I devoured Ja-rael's Lioness in a mere hours. Definitely what I was looking for. A fun read. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I looked up some of the other books by Kaitlyn O'Connor and was disappointed in how many of them were menage or multi-partner scenarios. I like her writing and her characters but three is a crowd IMO, so as interesting as some of the stories sounded, especially her Cyborg series, I just can't get into it. If anyone can suggest any other books of hers that don't involve multiple partners let me know. Love triangles are okay as long as the h resolves the situation at the end.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 11:51:20 PM PST
A. Craig says:
I enjoyed The Lion's Woman by Kaitlynn O'Connor. No menage, but the aliens were more humanoid in apperance overall.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012 4:59:08 AM PST
A customer says:
These by O'Connor have different looking heroes and no menage:
When Dawn Breaks
When Night Falls
Gabriel (The Lawgivers)
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  107
Total posts:  629
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  6 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 48 customers

Search Customer Discussions