Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Grocery Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Free today

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2011 1:04:31 PM PST
DoraLady says:
OK

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2011 1:09:49 PM PST
DoraLady says:
H. Nguyen,

Please feel free to post and share your thoughts and good news.

I understand that you feel it was personal. I read the post the same way, that is why I questioned the poster about the book you mentioned.

I do not recognise your name one way or another, so I do not know if you have spammed or not in the pass.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 3:15:37 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Honor Bound (Book 1 of The Witchblade Chronicles) by CJ Archer is free. I'm about 75% done. Not bad. Not GREAT, but I'm enjoying it.

It really is hit or miss with the freebies, I've found. Occasionally they are established authors with rereleases (love them!), sometimes (many times) they are indies/self-pubbed that need quite a bit of work.

I, too, really liked Unlocked, and am now looking into getting more Courtney Milan. Also got 'Under the Desert Moon,' and Roberta Gellis's The English Heiress (Heiress, Book One).

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 4:40:53 PM PST
misty87mt says:
Thank you for the info. I haven't been an avid follower of Amazon's forums in the past and didn't realize that self-promotions were such a huge issue. It is a shame so many people abused the system to the point that such posts can't be added even when they could be helpful. H. Nguyen, I don't see how your post could be considered spam and hope such comments don't discourage you in the future. Sam I Am, I don't remember seeing any free books that meet your description, but I'll let you know if I come across any.

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 5:43:26 PM PST
DoraLady says:
I look at these two web pages for freebies. It has all types of freebies. Always check prices. Unfortunately I have not looked at them for awhile. I love going to the Bargain Kindle Romance thread for info.

I have no idea how others find great book prices.

Best Sellers in Romance
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-Romance/zgbs/digital-text/158566011/ref=zg_bs_unv_kinc_5_158571011_1

Limited-Time Offers:
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1300771502/ref=sr_pg_1?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A133140011%2Cn%3A%212334093011%2Cn%3A%212334155011%2Cn%3A2279458011&page=1#/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A133140011%2Cn%3A%212334093011%2Cn%3A%212334155011%2Cn%3A2279458011&ie=UTF8&qid=1324257585

Posted on Dec 18, 2011 8:33:24 PM PST
misty87mt says:
DoraLady, I use the same method to find freebies
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-eBooks/zgbs/digital-text/154606011/ref=zg_bs_unv_kinc_2_158566011_3
another way to navigate here is to go to the shop all departments drop-down menu, choose books then kindle books. From there you can pick the category that interests you and sort by price or popularity, or you can scroll down until you find the top free 100 best sellers list.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011 1:02:50 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
The Bond That Tie Us (Eternal Bonds, Book One) by Christine d'Abo - Its by Ellora's Cave and I see its noted as Erotica - as far as I can see it is Romance - The Bond That Ties Us (Eternal Bonds, Book One)

(I get daily emails from BOOKS ON THE KNOB which shows free books of all genres)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2011 3:19:20 PM PST
Bookgeek says:
Thanks for the tip. I just signed up for the daily email.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2011 3:40:19 PM PST
SuzyQ says:
H. Nguyen - I read the book (Trace's Psychic) before it was free & loved it - I think it was a great find to recommend for this board - have no idea why that other person acted like a jerk.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2011 4:21:33 PM PST
D. Stom says:
Thanks for posting this Beeg!

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 2:39:19 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
True North by Marie Force - True North

Sophie and The Rising Sun by Augusta Trobaugh - Sophie and the Rising Sun

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 3:48:06 PM PST
misty87mt says:
Imagine

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 4:57:05 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Imagine is only free for Prime members. It's $6.39.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 7:20:56 AM PST
Imagine was free for a couple of days. With the new Prime Kindle Lending incentive for indies to make their books free for a few days each there are going to be a lot of books that are just free for one, two or three days.

But I HATE how the price is now represented for books that are Prime lendable. The Prime price should not be the dominant price. I wonder how many people have accidentally one-clicked themselves into paying for what they thought was free.

Really I just hate the one-click - I'd rather see a small receipt and price confirmation (like on B&N) before I buy something and I think it's laughable that I can order a book without verifying my password but if I want to see the receipt for what I just ordered then I'm asked for the password. Where's the logic in that? I can buy without confirming my identity but not see what I bought? While I'm griping, I'd love e-books to be able to be placed in a shopping cart like at smaller ebook retailers - though that would show people how much they're spending all together and then they might spend less. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 8:10:52 AM PST
MDy says:
Hi DoraLady - many thanks for the tip about Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store...etc. Great Discovery. Happy day!

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 9:09:27 AM PST
Caitie Quinn says:
Poster~

This seems to be the answer I keep giving this week - RETURN IT. Amazon has to take it back. If you check in your bought section after a purchase, it shows the cost. Make sure to tell them you felt mislead by the Prime slash. It needs to change.

Also, writers are just as upset. There was a discussion elsewhere that they fear people will think the writers are misleading people with the prime slash... and that's what it is. Misleading. Amazon is making a lot of changes on both sides. I'm not even a fish (I'm like, an amobea) in their pond, but I say, vote with your wallet.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 9:09:27 AM PST
Caitie Quinn says:
Poster~

This seems to be the answer I keep giving this week - RETURN IT. Amazon has to take it back. If you check in your bought section after a purchase, it shows the cost. Make sure to tell them you felt mislead by the Prime slash. It needs to change.

Also, writers are just as upset. There was a discussion elsewhere that they fear people will think the writers are misleading people with the prime slash... and that's what it is. Misleading. Amazon is making a lot of changes on both sides. I'm not even a fish (I'm like, an amobea) in their pond, but I say, vote with your wallet.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 9:11:11 AM PST
Caitie Quinn says:
Also, knowing that books will now be free sometimes for as short as one day, I love our free thread here! I don't want to miss out on anything great ;) Thanks again misty

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 9:49:21 AM PST
DoraLady says:
TPWNN,

I agree with you on a couple of stuff.

I hate all the individual emails I get because each book is a separate reciept. I would love to confirm a list of ebooks like I do at some other sites.

Many times with the no verification, I end up returning a ebook book because I saw a different price to late.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 26, 2011 9:50:19 AM PST
DoraLady says:
M. D. Fadley,

Your welcome.

There is also the DailyCheapReads site that mentions free and inexpensive books.

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 9:52:58 AM PST
DoraLady says:
I post free and low prices in the Bargain thread, since I rarely have time to post in both threads:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/romance/ref=cm_cd_ttp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxM42D5QN2YZ1D&cdThread=Tx1UMK5JCQ5OWM4

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 1:34:21 PM PST
D. Politis says:
Today, Lunewulf Law, a werewolf book which seems to involve a menage a trois scene, is free. It is from Elloras Cave and they usually have some pretty good books. They are normally on the steamier, explicit side so just be aware in case that bothers you. Lunewulf Law (Lunewulf, Book One) (Ellora's Cave Twilight)

Today, Sunfire is free today. It looks like members of a rock band can change form into firebirds. And one of them falls in love with the band manager's daughter. But the manager wants to kill her for power. It is from Elloras Cave and they are usually pretty steamy. I have not read this one yet. Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, Book One)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2011 5:58:30 AM PST
JennyG. says:
Republished on Kindle and FREE today Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family Series, Book 2) by Patricia Ryan

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 7:57:03 AM PST
RomanceLover says:
There is also Winning the Wallflower by Eloisa James. I bought this a while ago for 99 cents and I was kicking myself for not waiting (but not too much because I only paid 99 cents). Haven't read it yet but I like the author. :)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 8:15:25 AM PST
Caitie Quinn says:
Snowed in Together It looks VERY YA, but it's free and I thought it looked good. Someone else might too:

What secrets are revealed when six teens get trapped at school on a Saturday?

Wes and his best buds, Tony and Jeff, have enough brain power to fuel the entire sophomore class, but when it comes to their social lives, they are totally inept. So they volunteer to organize the art room on Saturday knowing three certain cheerleaders will be there for practice. Trouble is, none of the guys can come up with a plan to take advantage of the opportunity to be the only six students in the building.

Then, thanks to a freak snowstorm, they're snowed in, which isn't so bad when the girls of their horniest dreams are there, too. Maybe it could give Wes the chance to make his fantasies about Ellyce come true! However, the last thing Wes expects is to be caught in a game that forces everyone to share his deepest secret. He fears if Ellyce discovers the story of his alcoholic father and abandonment by his mother, she'll never want anything to do with him.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
24 17 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
152 Feb 5, 2016
"The List" that was spawned by the popular Don't Shoot Me Thread 9293 3 minutes ago
Three good books about ow 11 23 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 2251 44 minutes ago
Need a good historical romance 51 48 minutes ago
cant remember title-historical rag to riches 1 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 341 1 hour ago
Dear book buying confessional........ 9739 1 hour ago
The Best KU romance - full novels only please 198 1 hour ago
2016 Favorite Book of the Month and Year Challenge 211 2 hours ago
*** Coffee Shop - Let's Chat About Life And Our Books, Both Current And Planning To Read, All In The Name Of Living HEA *** 8564 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  734
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 264 customers

Search Customer Discussions